I believe it's all over except for the celebration......

swizzlee

RedWhiteAndBlue
Jan 8, 2011
on a mountain
I do not believe it's possible for Obama to win reelection.

I believe he's dying a slow death from a thousand nicks - mostly coming from his own party or from formerly supportive members of the media.

At least 15 prominent Dems criticizing the Bain attacks on Romney.

Bill Clinton, while campaigning for Tom Barrett in a wasted effort in WI also gives a speech where he praises Romney for having a sterling career in business.

Getting a false sense of giddiness over what appear to be positive economic numbers in the first quarter and being slammed back to earth today with very ugly job numbers and a tanking stock market.

More less than enthusiastic statements being made by various members of the mainstream non-Fox media, all subtle but there to be seen and heard if you're paying attention.

Slowly but inexorably, the polls showing Romney creeping up, tying, or even leading Obama in battleground states.

A president whose every attempt to gain traction over Romney seems designed to fail. Who decided NC would be a great place for the Dem convention? Why was Axelrod sent to Boston to be so thoroughly embarrassed by Romney supporters? How many incidents like this does one endure before it becomes obvious even to them?

What event could realistically occur which would be of sufficient importance that it could turn this around ensuring a win for Obama ?

It's not going to happen, Obama. Best spend some time planning out your next career in life. Perhaps you can write a few more blockbuster books, assuming your ghostwriting buddy, Bill Ayers, is still a buddy..............

In the summer of '92 Perot led both Bush and Clinton in opinion polls and in head to head between Bush and Clinton Bush was winning.

How many times has an apparent victor in June or July turns out to be a mirage when the November rolls around? The state of the economy will be the main focus behind the election and if it gets better in the next 5 months Obama may very well be in for 4 more years. If it tanks (An Israeli attack on Iran and resulting oil price spike could cause this) Romney would have to do something real stupid to lose. If the status quo reigns it will be a tossup.

Like I said to someone else today...don't count your chickens before they are hatched.
If things continue to sour - Obama will almost certainly dig into the treasury and try to blow $billions if there is even a chance it will patch things up enough to create a temporary oasis until after November.
We all better hope things don't get too bad again till late-late this summer or even better October where he can no longer make a difference by throwing our money into the pit again.

In the summer of '92 Perot led both Bush and Clinton in opinion polls and in head to head between Bush and Clinton Bush was winning.

How many times has an apparent victor in June or July turns out to be a mirage when the November rolls around? The state of the economy will be the main focus behind the election and if it gets better in the next 5 months Obama may very well be in for 4 more years. If it tanks (An Israeli attack on Iran and resulting oil price spike could cause this) Romney would have to do something real stupid to lose. If the status quo reigns it will be a tossup.

Agreed, Obama hasn't sacrificed US lives to ride back in on "I'm a WAR president". Thus, the economy will be the primary focus.

When they have the election in November you will be able to tell how many dumb asses there are in America by counting the number of votes for Obama.

That may be well and good if we were talking a three-way race.

We aren't

All you gave me is the standard "if" something happens.

Do you REALLY believe the economy will do enough of a turnaround in just a few more months, remembering that people tend to make up their minds after Labor Day? Something unmentioned that hovers in the background causing a degree of damage that is outside the control of the US president is the instability in Europe.

I don't believe there will be any major turnaround but you are free to maintain your level of positivity right up to the bitter end :)

It isn't opinion polls. If anything opinion is the last to go.

The numbers just aren't there for obama. He's reduced to thinking of North Carolina and Arizona as swing states. His donors are balking at pouring money into a loser. His policies cannot help the economy and his brainlessness on foreign policy has amazed everyone. His political appointees are out of contol. Eric Holder is simply running amok. His social polices are guaranteed to alienate everyone. His phony "wars" have fallen flat. His reliable women's vote is running away as fast as they can. His support of same sex marriage has even alienated black people who would have thought that would ever happen? This despite some anemic help from the NAACP, black pastors are not backing down.
Black pastors group demands meeting with Obama over gay marriage - Washington Times

Now, right in the middle of obama's fake outrage over Sandra Fluke, we find out that democrats support the murder of baby girls for the crime of being girls.

The numbers just aren't there for him and manipulated opinion polls aren't going to help.

We aren't

Do you REALLY believe the economy will do enough of a turnaround in just a few more months, remembering that people tend to make up their minds after Labor Day? Something unmentioned that hovers in the background causing a degree of damage that is outside the control of the US president is the instability in Europe.

I don't believe there will be any major turnaround but you are free to maintain your level of positivity right up to the bitter end :)

In the end, its going to be a REALLY close election. With one winner. I have no idea if it will be Obama or Romney.

But one thing is CERTAIN. No matter who wins, the other side will be screaming bloody murder about it.

It isn't opinion polls. If anything opinion is the last to go.

The numbers just aren't there for obama. He's reduced to thinking of North Carolina and Arizona as swing states. His donors are balking at pouring money into a loser. His policies cannot help the economy and his brainlessness on foreign policy has amazed everyone. His political appointees are out of contol. Eric Holder is simply running amok. His social polices are guaranteed to alienate everyone. His phony "wars" have fallen flat. His reliable women's vote is running away as fast as they can. His support of same sex marriage has even alienated black people who would have thought that would ever happen? This despite some anemic help from the NAACP, black pastors are not backing down.
Black pastors group demands meeting with Obama over gay marriage - Washington Times

Now, right in the middle of obama's fake outrage over Sandra Fluke, we find out that democrats support the murder of baby girls for the crime of being girls.

The numbers just aren't there for him and manipulated opinion polls aren't going to help.

Except that the other guy is...Romney.

Seriously. The republicans should have got behind Jon Huntsman. Huntsman would have won in a landslide. Obama couldnt even attack him because Obama CHOSE him.

But Romney? THATS the weak link in the Republican plan. Its Romney that gives Obama a chance to win another four years.

Oh...and I disagree with your assessment of Obamas policies.

Again - you seem to be relying on undefined "ifs."

Exactly which treasury do you think Obama has control of that he can "raid"?

I'm sorry but I feel more confident in counting chickens at this point than I do in hoping for some undefined "if" to happen.

Of course! That seems to be the name of the political game these days :)

I won't predict how close it will be but I'm positive it's not going to be close as 2000.

If things continue to sour - Obama will almost certainly dig into the treasury and try to blow $billions if there is even a chance it will patch things up enough to create a temporary oasis until after November.
n.

I don't think so. And wouldn't he need congressional aproval to do this?

Polls in June mean nothing when compared to votes on election day in November. Not sure why either party puts stock in them right now. It's shows trends but so much can happen between now and then.

We aren't

John McCain was leading Barack Obama by 10 points in the Gallup poll in September 2008.

We aren't

John McCain was leading Barack Obama by 10 points in the Gallup poll in September 2008.

And if the polls were the opposite you'd be claiming victory already. That is what is wrong with partisan nut jobs.

We aren't

And if the polls were the opposite you'd be claiming victory already. That is what is wrong with partisan nut jobs.

Obama is currently winning in the polls.

Forum List

Back