I am stunned that people don't know what a "bonus check" means

You use the money for what makes happy. If going out to party works, then do it. If paying down your bills to give you more breathing room works, then do it.

fbj, believe it or not, some people feel better when they have less debt. Why do you think you know best how they should spend their bonus?

Because Comcast has enough money

The job gave us a $500 bonus and people were saying they are use it to pay bills LOL

You take that shit and have FUN like I plan to do tomorrow night. I already ordered a DVD and now plan to have a delicious seafood dinner

Bonus Check...........for entertainment and increasing savings account

Paycheck.................for paying bills/buying food/clothes

My wife and I use our tax refunds and my yearky bonus to pay off any extra bilks ww may have and to make necessary improvements/repairs to our home, car, etc...

Try having fun with it next year

The job gave us a $500 bonus and people were saying they are use it to pay bills LOL

You take that shit and have FUN like I plan to do tomorrow night. I already ordered a DVD and now plan to have a delicious seafood dinner

Bonus Check...........for entertainment and increasing savings account

Paycheck.................for paying bills/buying food/clothes

Bonus Check.........for bankruptcy lawyer to bail on taxes & credit card payments

Paycheck.................for rent, gasoline & utility bills

EBT Card....................for buying food & beer

Pan Handling Change...for clothes & shoes from garage sales.

Sound like you need to have a financial meeting

Not happening. We've got a couple pieces of furniture to replace and several of her old bills to clean up. Thankfully we get about 5k back between the two checks so that goes quite a ways to clean things up.

Not happening. We've got a couple pieces of furniture to replace and several of her old bills to clean up. Thankfully we get about 5k back between the two checks so that goes quite a ways to clean things up.

Let me come at you from another angle. How often does someone get a unexpected bonus? So why the hell would I make Comcast, Discover Card, and American Express richer?

I don't know when I will get another bonus so I wanted to do things to focus on things I WANTED not things I NEEDED

I bought a DVD i been trying to get for months and threw the rest in my savings and pay comcast, amex, and discover out of the biweekly check

Let me come at you from another angle. How often does someone get a unexpected bonus? So why the hell would I make Comcast, Discover Card, and American Express richer?

I don't know when I will get another bonus so I wanted to do things to focus on things I WANTED not things I NEEDED

I bought a DVD i been trying to get for months and threw the rest in my savings and pay comcast, amex, and discover out of the biweekly check

The only unexpected incone I ever get is Storm related OT. We have a contractual bonus in June every year. The amount varies by Company performance based on written criteria.

I am of the mind to use all extra money to reduce debt, then to invest in items that will improve life..... a newer car, better furniture, etc.... before wasting it on a vacation or such things.

The only unexpected incone I ever get is Storm related OT. We have a contractual bonus in June every year. The amount varies by Company performance based on written criteria.

I am of the mind to use all extra money to reduce debt, then to invest in items that will improve life..... a newer car, better furniture, etc.... before wasting it on a vacation or such things.

Yeah I guess that could have happened if it was a BIG BONUS. Now if I hit the lottery for $5000 of course I would clean up debt but since it was not that big I didn't want to touch it. But give me credit for putting part of it in my savings along with having a delicious meal and DVD

You use the money for what makes happy. If going out to party works, then do it. If paying down your bills to give you more breathing room works, then do it.

fbj, believe it or not, some people feel better when they have less debt. Why do you think you know best how they should spend their bonus?

Because Comcast has enough money

So only pay the bills you owe to companies that are going broke? You still don't get it. Just because you think a certain way does not mean that that is the only way to think. But enjoy your way. Others will enjoy having the bills paid.

Free advice is worth what you pay for it, but you might want to think about dedicating some of that savings towards a shrink's hourly fee.

A Bonus Check is like found money that should be pissed away on whatever makes you happy.

They actually have the right idea if they are paying down credit. You cant save faster than inflation and interest.

So you saying someone should pay a credit card bill with a unexpected bonus?
Yes. Why pretend you have extra money when in reality you dont if youre just paying it back in interest?

So what you saying to me is if a person gets a unexpected $500 they should not have fun with it?
Play now pay later.

Sometimes I even pay to play
Thats ok if your networth is more than your bills. If you have a negative networth thats piss poor living. Question. How long would you be able upkeep your current lifestyle if you had no income all of a sudden? I'm not asking you to disclose this on the board but that length of time is exactly how wealthy you are. If you cant say at least 6 months you should stop playing.

I bet your credit card companies love you!

How to Pay Off Credit Card Debt

Free advice is worth what you pay for it, but you might want to think about dedicating some of that savings towards a shrink's hourly fee.

Sniff my dick

Don't be a player hater all your life

LMAO!! Coming from you that is hilarious!! You have started how many threads basically saying "I like this. If you don't, something is wrong with you"?

I dont hate players. I pity them. They are the ones that wake up at 40 or so realizing they dont have anything.

I dont hate players. I pity them. They are the ones that wake up at 40 or so realizing they dont have anything.

Change your name to ASSclepias

Change your name to ASSclepias
I guess I struck a nerve? :itsok:

Forum List

Back