"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself." Ronald Reagan, President of the United States.

Rye Catcher

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2019
"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself."
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States.

The debate over debt really turns on how much is "too much".

Between 1935 and 1981 the only significant increases in the deficit occurred during world war II and the Vietnam War.

Between 1981 and 1989 the Reagan Administration consistently ran annual deficits of $167 Billion and more than doubled the nations outstanding gross debt.

The Clinton Administration posted four straight years of surpluses and wiped out the annual deficit in 1998; But, the total national debt never decreased because the interest on the debt was higher than the surpluses.

Bush's tax cut in 2002 turned a $126 Billion annual surplus into a $158 Billion deficit and pushed the total federal debt over $6 Trillion.

On to Obama and trump:

Republican debt=good

Democrat debt=bad
again-there-you-go-again.gif

This attack on Reagan is amusing since Obama and Biden have deficits even bigger than Reagans and by bigger percentage too.

This is normally called being partisan.
Also being a complete imbecile.

Turd Catcher's moonbat messiah DOUBLED THE NATION'S DEBT after telling us he would cut it in half. Reagan had to deal with democrook lunatics for 8 years that managed to remain in power only because they did not openly embrace marxism in those days. Democrooks in those days used to actually pretended to support the 2A and be opposed to abortion. You can look back at the interviews of the potato over the last 50 years to verify this.

Reagan spent the money wisely for the most part. Built up the military and fought communism.

I just wish he rounded these fucking parasites up and threw them out of helicopters like Pinochet did.

Last edited:
Reagan was still the best and he positioned America to become the sole super power. Even his adversaries would grudgingly respect his successes.

Though he couldn't work an abacus very well...

Last edited:
  • Banned
Our current debt = bad.

It was created in a very bi-partisan manner.
When the rain falls and the roof of your house leaks do you kick the can down the road or do you take out a loan and have it repaired or replaced?

It is really this simple: Fiscal conservative is not fiscally responsible.

This attack on Reagan is amusing since Obama and Biden have deficits even bigger than Reagans and by bigger percentage too.

This is normally called being partisan.
Not at all. Obama faced the Great Recession handed to him by GWB. Biden too has faced a similar nation which was handed to him by trump. If you had read the OP with an open mind you would see the ignorance in your statement.

When the rain falls and the roof of your house leaks do you kick the can down the road or do you take out a loan and have it repaired or replaced?

I don't give the person across town money I don't have to fix their roof.

Not at all. Obama faced the Great Recession handed to him by GWB. Biden too has faced a similar nation which was handed to him by trump. If you had read the OP with an open mind you would see the ignorance in your statement.

Now you are making stupid excuses because you are a partisan hack.

Obama, Trump and Biden ALL have massive budget deficits that is a fact.

Running with the truth is better for everyone.

Reagan was still the best and he positioned America to become the sole super power. Eve his adversaries would grudgingly respect his successes.

Though he couldn't work an abacus very well...

I don't give the person across town money I don't have to fix their roof.
You don't need to, I was writing when this may happen to you. It's metaphorically, may you have tens of thousands of dollars to go to the phone and order a new roof without batting an eye. Most Americans don't have savings to use for a rainy day. I do, yet I have both empathy and liquid cash.

You don't need to, I was writing when this may happen to you. It's metaphorically, may you have tens of thousands of dollars to go to the phone and order a new roof without batting an eye. Most Americans don't have savings to use for a rainy day. I do, yet I have both empathy and liquid cash.

You can have empathy and the knowledge that our debt is going to end badly.

Now you are making stupid excuses because you are a partisan hack.

Obama, Trump and Biden ALL have massive budget deficits that is a fact.

Running with the truth is better for everyone.
Pieces of shit like turd catcher can not communicate without lies, either ones they make up themselves, or some bullshit they are parroting.

This is dishonest distortion. Reagan was joking when he said that.

Reagan repeatedly tried to get Congress to pass the balanced budget amendment so that Congress would be forced to balance the budget. Guess which party torpedoed the effort to pass the amendment? It starts with a D.

Obama faced the Great Recession handed to him by GWB.

What did Obama do that caused the recession to end in June 2009? Anything?

Biden too has faced a similar nation which was handed to him by trump.

1657824819612.png

2020 Q3 real GDP was +33.8%, Q4 real GDP was + 4.5%.

Did Biden keep up that pace?

"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself."
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States.

The debate over debt really turns on how much is "too much".

Between 1935 and 1981 the only significant increases in the deficit occurred during world war II and the Vietnam War.

Between 1981 and 1989 the Reagan Administration consistently ran annual deficits of $167 Billion and more than doubled the nations outstanding gross debt.

The Clinton Administration posted four straight years of surpluses and wiped out the annual deficit in 1998; But, the total national debt never decreased because the interest on the debt was higher than the surpluses.

Bush's tax cut in 2002 turned a $126 Billion annual surplus into a $158 Billion deficit and pushed the total federal debt over $6 Trillion.

On to Obama and trump:

As November draws neigh, the libs are getting really desperate.

There are no fiscal conservatives anymore. They all spend like leftists.

Forum List

Back