The United States has raised its debt ceiling at least 90 times in the 20th century

Bush and Obama had 8 years. Trump did his is 4 years. In eight years the debt went up 9 trillion under Obama. It went up 7.8 trillion in Trump's 4 years. And you really want to try and defend any of this?
Don't tell me, things like pens on different side of the oval desk, colour of underpants etc.. takes the focus of the debate away, those make all the difference!! Lol.

Obama and Bush created larger debt. That's why in the op, it says Trump was in third place. Did you miss that??

You need to focus on Obama, then Bust first, unless you have TDS. Trump obsession is devaluing important dimensions of your life.

Don't tell me, things like pens on different side of the oval desk, colour of underpants etc.. takes the focus of the debate away, those make all the difference!! Lol.

Obama and Bush created larger debt. That's why in the op, it says Trump was in third place. Did you miss that??

You need to focus on Obama, then Bust first, unless you have TDS. Trump obsession is devaluing important dimensions of your life.

They did. In double the time. You for some unknown reason want to deflect from Trump's 7.8 trillion in only 4 years.

I've condemned both Bush and Obama on their debt. For some reason you can't do the same for Trump.

They did. In double the time. You for some unknown reason want to deflect from Trump's 7.8 trillion in only 4 years.

I've condemned both Bush and Obama on their debt. For some reason you can't do the same for Trump.
No deflection, the only deflection is in the op, side stepping 1st and 2nd place.

So did Trump fail at the debt? 7.8 trillion in 4 years?
Yes he did, I honestly thought he would have reduced the debt so that was a big let down. As I've previously said in the forum some years ago, America doesn't have anyone capable of reducing America's debt. And the Constitution is flawed, it should allow an outside foreigner to come in as president to sort the problem out.

Also, yes 4 years. So the question is, would it have gone up further or lower in the next four years. But COVID scuppered that and no one knows because Trump served one term.

Compare and contrast, Obama and Bush had two terms to gets to grip with debt, but they didn't/couldn't. So they're twice as bad as Trump with debt. But is Trump really just a Democrat in Republican clothing.

Yes he did, I honestly thought he would have reduced the debt so that was a big let down. As I've previously said in the forum some years ago, America doesn't have anyone capable of reducing America's debt. And the Constitution is flawed, it should allow an outside foreigner to come in as president to sort the problem out.

Also, yes 4 years. So the question is, would it have gone up further or lower in the next four years. But COVID scuppered that and no one knows because Trump served one term.

Compare and contrast, Obama and Bush had two terms to gets to grip with debt, but they didn't/couldn't. So they're twice as bad as Trump with debt. But is Trump really just a Democrat in Republican clothing.

Trump said the debt didn't matter because we can just print money. That kind of thinking is a major problem. Trump isn't alone in that kind of thinking and yes, we need to find someone that understands the long term damage that is doing.

Trump said the debt didn't matter because we can just print money. That kind of thinking is a major problem. Trump isn't alone in that kind of thinking and yes, we need to find someone that understands the long term damage that is doing.
"That kind of thinking" is the D.C. culture in a nutshell. The one party system is steeped in that sort of insane logic.

Yes, same as Obama and Bush.

Yes, same as Obama and Bush.

Yes, they all failed us badly. All of them. Oddly we still want to continue to elect them.

Yes, they all failed us badly. All of them. Oddly we still want to continue to elect them.
All I see is, American political discussions are just about flinging poo and scoring points. And to do this, people have to forget that their side was just as bad if not worse.

I suppose if many posters did some thought process before posting a thread, like compare and contrast, the forum would only consist of a few dozen threads.

WTF?
From the Trump regime?

U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin told Congress Wednesday that the Trump administration intends to keep secret the names of the businesses that have received more than $500 billion in COVID-19 bailout funds through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), claiming the information is “confidential.”
So how is that pork? Wait never mind...you are the clown that thought the Judicial branch was ran by the Executive and Legislative branches...how can we expect you to know what "pork" is in political terms.

Carry on....

Both the SBA and Treasury Department faced bipartisan pressure to release information on PPP loans. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin initially told lawmakers in June that no borrower information would be revealed, contrasting with standard SBA practices for traditional lending programs, before later changing course and saying some data would be released to the public and certain congressional committees would be granted access to all recipient names and loan sizes.

Mnuchin said in a press release that the data unveiled by the SBA this week "strikes the appropriate balance of providing the American people with transparency, while protecting sensitive payroll and personal income information of small businesses, sole proprietors, and independent contractors."

So how is that pork? Wait never mind...you are the clown that thought the Judicial branch was ran by the Executive and Legislative branches...how can we expect you to know what "pork" is in political terms.

Carry on....

Both the SBA and Treasury Department faced bipartisan pressure to release information on PPP loans. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin initially told lawmakers in June that no borrower information would be revealed, contrasting with standard SBA practices for traditional lending programs, before later changing course and saying some data would be released to the public and certain congressional committees would be granted access to all recipient names and loan sizes.

Mnuchin said in a press release that the data unveiled by the SBA this week "strikes the appropriate balance of providing the American people with transparency, while protecting sensitive payroll and personal income information of small businesses, sole proprietors, and independent contractors."
Read your post

“Some data would be released “

Read your post

“Some data would be released “
yeah....your point? this is standard practice for SBA loans....they made some exceptions for PPP loans.

What part of standard practice don't you all get?

yeah....your point? this is standard practice for SBA loans....they made some exceptions for PPP loans.

What part of standard practice don't you all get?
That’s the opposite of what you quoted.

The secrecy was NOT standard practice

You just said

After the current debts are paid
Democrats don't want to cut after the current debts are paid. In fact, they have already proposed a 2024 budget with zero cuts, which is why they refuse to talk about 2024 spending cuts. That's why we are where we are at, Democrats don't want to cut spending at all. If they did then we could just do it now.

That’s the opposite of what you quoted.

The secrecy was NOT standard practice
huh? no it was standard practice not to make them public...it was unstandard to release the information, which he did, in some cases, to be more transparent.

Carry on....
What a fucking retard.

The executive branch nominates judges.......MORON.
The legislative branch confirms judges and enacts laws for the judicial branch...........NUMBNUTS.

SO..............In what way does the judicial branch..............make their own rules and enforce them?

MNUCHIN SAID?

May of well of been Rudy?

Like I stated before, if Trump's/Mnunichin's money grab, wasn't pork, they would be bragging about it.
Why didn't they disclose, who got what?
Why couldn't they disclose the recipients?
Why couldn't the Trump regime be transparent and PROVE $500,000,000,000 wasn't pork?

Just..................."Trust us"?

For one nobody ever accused Trump of providing funds to his select companies. Companies applied and got the loan. Secondly that's pretty much something that doesn't need to be public for business purposes. A friend of mine worked for a small company that got the loan, and his employer (from what he told me) is far from conservative.

Again, like a typical leftist, you made it all up to try and make a phony comparison to the hundreds of billions wasted by Democrats with their obvious pork and vote buying. No comparison whatsoever.

For one nobody ever accused Trump of providing funds to his select companies. Companies applied and got the loan. Secondly that's pretty much something that doesn't need to be public for business purposes.
Why NOT?
Taxpayer $$$.
A friend of mine worked for a small company that got the loan, and his employer (from what he told me) is far from conservative.

Again, like a typical leftist, you made it all up to try and make a phony comparison to the hundreds of billions wasted by Democrats with their obvious pork and vote buying. No comparison whatsoever.
Oh' darn, ONE BIG difference.
The hundreds of BILLIONS democrats doled out can easily be traced and accounted for.
The Trump regime..................NOT in the slightest.

Forum List

Back