I am American, and I respect Christianity.

There is no comparsion between someone like Eric Rudolph and the thousands of people who want to kill infidels. There is no country that makes the claim of being a Christian country following the Bible and stones women to death for showing a wrist or insulting Jesus.

To draw some kind of moral equivalency to justify muslim violance is insane, it's grasping for straws that don't even exist.

correction. Hundreds of thousands

Correction noted.

There is no comparsion between someone like Eric Rudolph and the thousands of people who want to kill infidels. There is no country that makes the claim of being a Christian country following the Bible and stones women to death for showing a wrist or insulting Jesus.

To draw some kind of moral equivalency to justify muslim violance is insane, it's grasping for straws that don't even exist.

We have killed hundreds of thousands of them.

We have killed hundreds of thousands of them.

Obviously we haven't killed enough of them because they are out there still murdering others.

Predictably, the people who support Islam do not support Christians.

Who said that? Not ONE of them said anything about supporting Muslims over Christians. That's your twisted imagination.

What you guys don't seem to get is that all this hate directed towards us is a small number of extremists who do what FOXnews and MSNBC does here...twist truth to fit a certain point of view. The population over there are vastly uneducated, have limited access to news and information that isn't TRULY state run....and that limited access tends to come from? Guess who?....the extremists.

Think about it....if you lived over there and saw all the death, mayhem and the real poverty....probably your whole life....because unlike us here in the US, they are a younger society.....how much convincing would it take for you to believe that the rest of the world is engaging in a war against your society? How much convincing would it take for you to believe that this "war" is based upon your religion? Since religion plays so heavily in their society.

Just for a minute....reverse the roles of the United States and the Middle East. Put them in the role of the Superpower and us in the role of the uneducated, religion driven society.

Look....I'm not excusing Islamic Terrorists....not in the least. But what you have to realize is that the problem is much, much more complex than...
"Thems Mud People wants to kill us because we believe in Jesus"

Odds that this post falls on deaf ears......98%.

There is no way she is mentally capable of
1) Reading and comprehending that much text
2) Stepping outside of her world to see anything from someone elses perspective

Good post, but I'm afraid it won't reach the intended audience as you would hope.

I respect all religions....except the ones that tell their followers to kill the Infidels (us) because we don't follow THEIR religion. How do you respect someone that wants to murder you? God doesn't even expect us to do that....

I respect all religions....except the ones that tell their followers to kill the Infidels (us) because we don't follow THEIR religion. How do you respect someone that wants to murder you? God doesn't even expect us to do that....

Right, there is no example of that in the history of Christianity. :eusa_eh:

"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death."

Leviticus 24:16

Translation: Kill the unbelievers

Eric Rudolph did. He's the guy that bombed Olympic Park, a gay bar and an abortion clinic. The guy that walked into Doctor Tiller's church and shot him in front of his friends and family did it in the name of your god too. Wesbtborogh Baptist Church protests in the name of your god too.

Do you really want to get into the habit of painting an entire religion based on their extremists?

The answer to that is obviously ‘yes.’

The answer is I'll get no answer I'm sure. Of course Kosher doesn't want to be painted with the same brush as the lovely and talented Phelps/Roper family. Those good Christians that believe so deeply in the word of their god that they protest funerals.

Well guess what Kosh, Muslims don't want to be painted by the actions of their extremists either.

20081019-ned2jia6i9pi6kt7ritw9w7x4t.jpg

Yet unlike Christians who vehemently and vociferously DENOUNCE the Fred Phelps's of the world, Muslims insist on standing silently by while their extremists murder thousands of 'infidels' every fucking MONTH.

There is NO comparison.

The answer is I'll get no answer I'm sure. Of course Kosher doesn't want to be painted with the same brush as the lovely and talented Phelps/Roper family. Those good Christians that believe so deeply in the word of their god that they protest funerals.

Well guess what Kosh, Muslims don't want to be painted by the actions of their extremists either.

Yet unlike Christians who vehemently and vociferously DENOUNCE the Fred Phelps's of the world, Muslims insist on standing silently by while their extremists murder thousands of 'infidels' every fucking MONTH.

There is NO comparison.

Muslims against terrorism and extremism | Free Muslims Coalition
Muslims Against Terrorism (MAT) (Muslims Against Terrorism)
Free Muslim Coalition Against Terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Muslims Against Terror.com - From Nigeria To The World: We Denounce Terror!
The American Muslim (TAM)

There is NO comparison.

There are a billion and a half Muslims in the world. If they actually believed infidels should be killed, the world would be in chaos. Muslims are peace loving and hard working.
There is a small percent who are involved in religious activism and terrorism. And yes, they are condemned by most Muslims ....especially bin Laden

So you're telling me that all these folks are going against their own Holy Book, condemning themselves to the 'fate' of the infidels?

Or are they mouthing platitudes, as instructed by the Quran?
According to the authoritative Arabic text, Al-Taqiyya Fi Al-Islam: "Taqiyya [deception] is of fundamental importance in Islam. Practically every Islamic sect agrees to it and practices it. We can go so far as to say that the practice of taqiyya is mainstream in Islam, and that those few sects not practicing it diverge from the mainstream...Taqiyya is very prevalent in Islamic politics, especially in the modern era."

The primary Quranic verse sanctioning deception with respect to non-Muslims states: "Let believers not take for friends and allies infidels instead of believers. Whoever does this shall have no relationship left with Allah – unless you but guard yourselves against them, taking precautions." (Quran 3:28; see also 2:173; 2:185; 4:29; 22:78; 40:28.)

Al-Tabari's (838-923 AD) Tafsir, or Quranic exegeses, is essentially a standard reference in the entire Muslim world. Regarding 3:28, he wrote: "If you [Muslims] are under their [infidels'] authority, fearing for yourselves, behave loyally to them, with your tongue, while harbouring inner animosity for them... Allah has forbidden believers from being friendly or on intimate terms with the infidels in place of believers – except when infidels are above them [in authority]. In such a scenario, let them act friendly towards them."

Regarding 3:28, the Islamic scholar Ibn Kathir (1301-1373) wrote: "Whoever at any time or place fears their [infidels'] evil, may protect himself through outward show."

As proof of this, he quotes Muhammad's companions. Abu Darda said: "Let us smile to the face of some people while our hearts curse them." Al-Hassan said: "Doing taqiyya is acceptable till the day of judgment [in perpetuity]."

Mother's that kill their kids and say God told them to are just psychotic.
God doesn't tell us to kill ANYONE.

Muslims say they worship the same God we do. But i can't believe that when i know God does not
expect us to do anything like the muslims do. However, the muslims go crazy if their "Prophet" muhammad is mocked. Our God wouldn't have a prophet like him, so another reason i don't believe we worship the same God.

And McVey may have said he was a christian, but he wasn't....and he never said he killed all those people in the name of God or that God wanted him to.

Anyone can SAY they're Christian, but just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Ah...no True Scotsmen...argument

Calling someone something does not make them that. Calling oneself something doesn't necessarily, either.

What is a 'Christian'? Even those referring to themselves with the moniker cannot seem to agree on a definition. It certainly cannot mean 'doing as Jesus did', or what we see in the world would be much different.

Jesus was certainly an enlightened human being (and there is as much historical verification that he lived as for, say, Caesar). Living by his words would be fine, as would living by Lao Tsu's or Buddha's.

Today, there is too much history and too much water under the bridge to go back and reclaim any purity for any of the prominent religions. If we wanted to settle things, we could put the religious leaders of these 'faiths' together somewhere to invoke their brand of belief and see who gets answered first. If no answer came, they could shut up and leave the rest of us alone.

Which, incidentally, doesn't encourage psychotic murderers.

Really?

The Christian Crusades

Pope Urban II (1088-1099, see art below) was responsible for assisting Emperor Alexus I (1081-1118) of Constantinople in launching the first crusade. He made one of the most influential speeches in the Middle Ages, calling on Christian princes in Europe to go on a crusade to rescue the Holy Land from the Turks. In the speech given at the Council of Clermont in France, on November 27, 1095, he combined the ideas of making a pilgrimage to the Holy Land with that of waging a holy war against infidels.1

Forum List

Back