I am a proud Member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans.

Tell me about myself.

We know:

20000119edhan-a.gif

Is the guy on the right Pakistani?

I don't get it.......

Were there only blacks and whites in the US at the time of the Civil War?

You accept the charge given by General Steven Dill Lee in 1906:

"To you, Sons of Confederate Veterans, we will commit the vindication of the cause for which we fought. To your strength will be given the defense of the Confederate soldier's good name, the guardianship of his history, the emulation of his virtues, the perpetuation of those principles which he loved and which you love also, and those ideals which made him glorious and which you also cherish."

You are the male descendant of at least one soldier, sailor, or marine in Confederate service during lincoln's war to prevent Southern independence.

You have done the genealogy and can document his service, which was for the duration, ended in death, or was honorably discharged and you can prove your line to this serviceman.

I am a proud member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans.

"To you, Sons of Confederate Veterans, we will commit the vindication of the cause for which we fought. To your strength will be given the defense of the Confederate soldier's good name, the guardianship of his history, the emulation of his virtues, the perpetuation of those principles which he loved and which you love also, and those ideals which made him glorious and which you also cherish."

You are the male descendant of at least one soldier, sailor, or marine in Confederate service during lincoln's war to prevent Southern independence.

You have done the genealogy and can document his service, which was for the duration, ended in death, or was honorably discharged and you can prove your line to this serviceman.

Very nice!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no one else will come closer to the truth than you (maybe BigReb, and you're dead-on, but missing a minor, often-overlooked twist).

I also had one (my maternal g-g Grandfather) who was released in Montgomery as a POW. He was one of 80 to return, out of 1400 who went to battle (cavalry), so yes, I've got the dead and discharged covered as well.

What's there to be proud of?

Being the member of am army that fought a war to prove they were better than slaves and losing badly?

If I were you people, I'd be looking to forget about that mistake.

What's there to be proud of?

Being the member of am army that fought a war to prove they were better than slaves and losing badly?

If I were you people, I'd be looking to forget about that mistake.

Who is "you people?"

That's sort of the whole point of this thread.

Funny that Confederates all wanted "independence". Some from the Union, others from each other. So in a way, they were all on the same side, but not.

Funny that Confederates all wanted "independence". Some from the Union, others from each other. So in a way, they were all on the same side, but not.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Sunni and Shiite both see America as the "enemy", but if given the chance, they will kill each other with the "death of a thousand cuts".

The worst place on the battlefield for a Confederate soldier was leading a hundred black Confederate soldiers.

The worst place on the battlefield for a Confederate soldier was leading a hundred black Confederate soldiers.

I suppose it depends on which 100 that was. There were Cavalry divisions from NC that no Union soldier wanted to run across.

And while that's a nice, ignorant, sweeping generalization, its not the one I was looking for.

Forum List

Back