I agree w/ Olberman RE: McChrystal

Um, we won in Iraq. Or did you not get that memo?

We did? What did we win, specifically? And if that is the case, how come our troops are still getting killed over there?

Are you really this obtuse? Don't answer that.
Go review the resolutions authorizing action in Iraq and tell me how we failed to achieve any of them.
Our troops are still getting killed in Korea. Is the Korean War still being fought?

No, dumbass, we LOST the Korean Conflict, just as we lost the police action in Iraq. Please tell me again, SPECIFICALLY what we won in Iraq.

LMAO MCCHRYSTALS a walking ego??? Jeeze.

Its a wonder that Ol'BO's head fits throught the doors at the WH.

However he is the CIN and McCrystals or his aides comments never should have made the RS or any other magazine.

One must show proper respect for the office even if you don't have any for the person who occupys said office. After all. He is CIN. LOL

McChrystal's ego is obviously a problem and it's been allowed to permeate his staff. He's surrounded himself with people who act in an unprofessional manner.

There is probably no better example of selfless service from a General than from George C. Marshall. Marshall got the importance of the military subordinating itself to the civilian command and not becoming a political organization. He even refused to vote.

That's why he, no doubt, supported canning McArthur.

i greatly admire marshall, but i have to point out that he and macarthur were enemies of long standing. macarthur gave him a fitrep stating that marshall was incapable of commanding a regiment when he was at C&GS
school. this doesn't change the fact that marshall was right, just a little side note.

Like you, I had a lot of admiration for Marshall.

McArthur on the other hand had enough ego for 10 men. Not one of my favorites.

As for McCrystals ego?? Don't know enough about the guy to form an opinion. He and his aides, however, were way out of line. If OL'BO accepts his resignation he will have deserved it.

Whoever replaces McCrystal had better be a better ass kisser and schmoozer that Stan was. He also needs to keep his thoughts to himself. LOL

We did? What did we win, specifically? And if that is the case, how come our troops are still getting killed over there?

Go review the resolutions authorizing action in Iraq and tell me how we failed to achieve any of them.
Our troops are still getting killed in Korea. Is the Korean War still being fought?

The war in Korea is still technically going on. The last word out of the conflict was a cease fire, and not a surrender.
OK. So what is Obama doing to end the war in Korea? Why isn't he acting? Why are our troops still dying overseas?
Impeach Obama!

McChrystal's ego is obviously a problem and it's been allowed to permeate his staff. He's surrounded himself with people who act in an unprofessional manner.

There is probably no better example of selfless service from a General than from George C. Marshall. Marshall got the importance of the military subordinating itself to the civilian command and not becoming a political organization. He even refused to vote.

That's why he, no doubt, supported canning McArthur.

i greatly admire marshall, but i have to point out that he and macarthur were enemies of long standing. macarthur gave him a fitrep stating that marshall was incapable of commanding a regiment when he was at C&GS
school. this doesn't change the fact that marshall was right, just a little side note.

As for McCrystals ego?? Don't know enough about the guy to form an opinion. He and his aides, however, were way out of line. If OL'BO accepts his resignation he will have deserved it.

Whoever replaces McCrystal had better be a better ass kisser and schmoozer that Stan was. He also needs to keep his thoughts to himself. LOL

If the General is replaced, his replacement needs to respect article 88 of the UCMJ.

Again, this is not a hard concept.

The war in Korea is still technically going on. The last word out of the conflict was a cease fire, and not a surrender.
OK. So what is Obama doing to end the war in Korea? Why isn't he acting? Why are our troops still dying overseas?
Impeach Obama!

Just making a point that it wasn't a good example which speaks more to the nature of warfare in a world with nuclear weapons.

No, dumbass, we LOST the Korean Conflict, just as we lost the police action in Iraq. Please tell me again, SPECIFICALLY what we won in Iraq.

We lost? Wow. Did we lose WW2 as well? What about the War of 1812? We still have British subjects living here. Maybe we lost the Revolutionary War too.
How deluded are you again?

I know people are going to go nuts since Olberman said it, but he stated Obama should not accept General McChrystal's resignation.

GEN McChrystal has set a poor example and this will be a stain on his record and will keep him from being Chief Of The Staff of the Army or CJCOS.

However, he's been given virtually carte blanche to craft his Afghanistan strategy. Time is too limited and A-stan is too complicated to put a new guy in there.

More importantly, it will turn into a giant political football and will (once again) put the White House at odds with the senior rank and file (before people go nuts on this, keep in mind how many people Rumsfeld fired and Bush brought in a retired General to run the Army) and hand ammunition to the people that want to create the perception that Obama is soft.

In the meantime, Admiral Mullen needs to screw down the officer corps. It's pretty sad when the Generals have to be told to behave.

We cannot "win" in Afghanistan, just as we cannot "win" in Iraq. The players may change, but the results will remain the same. Bye, bye McChrystal.

Only a dumbass like you would claim we won by getting Americans killed to install an islamic based government.

Then you bring up Resolutions? Lol! They spell out how our invasion was illegal.

To H*LL with Olberboy. What did you expect him to say? NBC is this President's biggest butt-sniffers in the Media. Calling for this General's head is hardly surprising. Did you really expect NBC to say anything different? One of their hosts even admitted to writing some of this White House's talking points. Our MSM in general is dead at this point. NBC is obviously the worst of the worst though. I'm not even saying i agree with McChrystal's comments but Olberboy cheering for the lynching of this guy is hardly surprising.

When they had the weekly Afghan War meeting without him it was pretty well a sure thing he was gone.
Obama is weaker now, with no one to replace him on the eve of a major offensive.

To H*LL with Olberboy. What did you expect him to say? NBC is this President's biggest butt-sniffers in the Media. Calling for this General's head is hardly surprising. Did you really expect NBC to say anything different? One of their hosts even admitted to writing some of this White House's talking points. Our MSM in general is dead at this point. NBC is obviously the worst of the worst though. I'm not even saying i agree with McChrystal's comments but Olberboy cheering for the lynching of this guy is hardly surprising.

You obviously missed that Olberman said that Obama shouldn't fire McChrystal.

You just saw "Olbermann" and instantly jumped to a conclusion, didn't you?

Looks like General McChrystal has been relieved.

I guess three strikes and you are out.

I don't agree with the decision, but there it is.

McChrystal out; No word on new Afghan commander - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON – A source tells The Associated Press that President Barack Obama will name Gen. David Petraeus to succeed Gen. Stanley McChrystal as top war commander in Afghanistan.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A source tells The Associated Press that President Barack Obama has decided to oust Afghanistan commanding Gen. Stanley McChrystal over inflammatory remarks he made about Obama and other high administration officials.

McChrystal had apologized for several disparaging remarks he made in an interview about his civilian superiors.

It looks to me like they are turning to the man they called "Betray Us".

IMHO the President looks like a pansy at best from all of this.

Immie

You obviously missed that Olberman said that Obama shouldn't fire McChrystal.

You just saw "Olbermann" and instantly jumped to a conclusion, didn't you?

Nice try. Olberboy was implying that the President should reject the resignation and then fire him. F*CK OLBERBOY and NBC!

When they had the weekly Afghan War meeting without him it was pretty well a sure thing he was gone.
Obama is weaker now, with no one to replace him on the eve of a major offensive.

no one to replace him? Petraeus seems like a great choice

no one to replace him? Petraeus seems like a great choice

You mean the guy the Left excoriated as "Betray Us"?? Him?

Isn't he senior to McChrystal and thus this would be just an interim appointment?

I greatly admire Marshall too. He was a man of the highest integrity. In consideration of that, I doubt he recommend MacArthur be terminated due to a personal squabble. If anything, I would suspect he gave Mac some latitude due to that.

However, when a general starts trying to influence American foreign policy (and when it's completely insane), they need to go.

That was probably the most justified firing of a General that I can think of and, as it will be today, Truman's opponents used it to make political hay.

To MacArthur's credit, he did "fade away" and didn't do much to facilitate attacking Truman.

i didn't mean to imply that marshall acted out of personal animus re: relieving macarthur. it's really more about macarthur than it is about marshall. truman was completely justified in relieving mac; he would have been derelict if he had not. interestingly, mcchrystal's predecessor, mckiernan, was the first general to be relieved of a combat theater command since mac.

damn, all these macs and no cheese.

sorry :D

Why does it always seem like this bullshit happens on the:

"...eve of a major offensive?"

It can't be that major because it isn't a secret so who's the dumbass telling our "enemies" what, where, and when we will engage in another new "major offensive?"

Holy fuckballs o' fucking fucksticks. Even the war apologists have to have trouble swallowing their own shit by now.

I just don't see how McChrystal can be trusted anymore. His objectives don't even match Obama's now that he brought everything out in the open.

I think he has mental problems the way he was shooting his mouth off. He's a loose cannon.

Course his objectives aren't the same as the President. The General wants to win and wants to let his troops protecting themselves.

The President is stopping this. The real question is how can President Obama be trusted?

It must be nice to live in a fantasy world where you can just say whatever the hell you want and don't even attempt to provide actual evidence.

If the General is replaced, his replacement needs to respect article 88 of the UCMJ.

Again, this is not a hard concept.

But of course.

Being a good ass kisser and schmoozer sure doesn't hurt either. LOL

It must be nice to live in a fantasy world where you can just say whatever the hell you want and don't even attempt to provide actual evidence.

Did you not pay attention to what the General said? His complaints were that Obama's orders were tying the hands of the troops on the ground. If you don't like that, talk to him.

Forum List

Back