I agree w/ Olberman RE: McChrystal

I know people are going to go nuts since Olberman said it, but he stated Obama should not accept General McChrystal's resignation.

GEN McChrystal has set a poor example and this will be a stain on his record and will keep him from being Chief Of The Staff of the Army or CJCOS.

However, he's been given virtually carte blanche to craft his Afghanistan strategy. Time is too limited and A-stan is too complicated to put a new guy in there.

More importantly, it will turn into a giant political football and will (once again) put the White House at odds with the senior rank and file (before people go nuts on this, keep in mind how many people Rumsfeld fired and Bush brought in a retired General to run the Army) and hand ammunition to the people that want to create the perception that Obama is soft.

In the meantime, Admiral Mullen needs to screw down the officer corps. It's pretty sad when the Generals have to be told to behave.

Disagree. If he's resigning because he can't use HIS strategy and tactics, then so be it. You can't tie one hand behind his back them expect him to produce.

The Taliban is playing the same game the VC/NVA did, running across borders and crying foul when we don't follow the Christ-like rules of combat while they adhere to a policy of sneak-thievery and murder.

They're just waiting us out like the Vietnamese did.

Yeah. Because we don't use any sneaky policies like burning dead bodies to put on display, international kidnapping, indefinite imprisonment, bombing the fuck out of places then referring to dead civilians as either "their fault" or "collateral damage."

Is that the best whining you can do? I've seen you do better than squealing about them "waiting us out" so don't hold back now. Put it in third gear because we've been occupying Afghanistan for almost a decade so you need to come up with a better explanation of why the world's strongest military cannot seem to get the best of some street gangs in rags hiding amongst bushes and hills.

:lol::lol::lol: From one of the most uninformed people I've ever seen.

Frankie isn't misinformed. He knows exactly what he is doing. His misinformation is entirely intentional.

While he likes to embellish, he is technically correct. Political rules of engagement make it impossible to accomplish a mission.

The left needs to learn to live up to the Christ-like morals in this nation they hold our troops on the battlefield to.

Besides, Frankie probably worked all night on that response.:lol:

Do you not realize how stoopid of an oxymoron it is to reference Christ-like rules in War? Or do you just not care how dumb it looks because you always pull out your last "Left" card when you can't discuss an issue?

Forum List

Back