Hypothetical question for my fellow atheists

So, I've a hypothetical for you guys that I am curious about. I maintain that my atheism is a premise, not a conclusion. When I say, "God does not exist", I am presenting a falsifiable premise that is only awaiting objective, verifiable evidence.

Now, with that in mind, let us say that evidence is discovered tomorrow. Now only do we have absolute proof of the existence of God, but we even have absolute evidence that the Christian version of God exists. Could you just "fall in line"? Could you just "become" a Christian.

See, I don't think I could. If we suddenly had the objective evidence necessary to prove that the Christian God exists, that would mean that we, also, have to accept that the Bible is not just a book of stories, and is, in fact, an accurate record of the nature of that God. And that record indicates that he drown the entire race, as far as man understood it to be at that time. This God demanded his favourites to commit genocide...twice. This God chose one person, and intentionally made his life miserable, just for sport (a wager with Lucifer). In short, the Bible portrays a God that is a sociopath.

I don't know that, even with irrefutable evidence that the Christian God exists, that I could become a follower of that God.
seek him with an open mind and open heart and he will reveal himself
I have always said that, given evidence,. I would change my position from atheism to one of theism. However, if I learned that the Christian God was the "God of Creation", I don't think that theism would be a respectful one. I think my position would have to be, "Okay. God exists...and he's a dick," and would accept whatever consequences taking that position would engender.

So, what about you guys? If we suddenly had evidence that Christians had it right all along, could you just become "Good Little Christians"?
God can be proven by following Jesus instructions and he will reveal himself to you as he has to many yet you wont try this so how woulld youknowif he exists or not

Jesus did not elaborate a set of instructions

So, I've a hypothetical for you guys that I am curious about. I maintain that my atheism is a premise, not a conclusion. When I say, "God does not exist", I am presenting a falsifiable premise that is only awaiting objective, verifiable evidence.

Now, with that in mind, let us say that evidence is discovered tomorrow. Now only do we have absolute proof of the existence of God, but we even have absolute evidence that the Christian version of God exists. Could you just "fall in line"? Could you just "become" a Christian.

See, I don't think I could. If we suddenly had the objective evidence necessary to prove that the Christian God exists, that would mean that we, also, have to accept that the Bible is not just a book of stories, and is, in fact, an accurate record of the nature of that God. And that record indicates that he drown the entire race, as far as man understood it to be at that time. This God demanded his favourites to commit genocide...twice. This God chose one person, and intentionally made his life miserable, just for sport (a wager with Lucifer). In short, the Bible portrays a God that is a sociopath.

I don't know that, even with irrefutable evidence that the Christian God exists, that I could become a follower of that God.

I have always said that, given evidence,. I would change my position from atheism to one of theism. However, if I learned that the Christian God was the "God of Creation", I don't think that theism would be a respectful one. I think my position would have to be, "Okay. God exists...and he's a dick," and would accept whatever consequences taking that position would engender.

So, what about you guys? If we suddenly had evidence that Christians had it right all along, could you just become "Good Little Christians"?
God can be proven by following Jesus instructions and he will reveal himself to you as he has to many yet you wont try this so how woulld youknowif he exists or not
So, why didn't he during the 25 years that I was a Christian, and even went to Seminary to become an evangelist? Lemme guess. I "did it wrong", right?

So, why didn't he during the 25 years that I was a Christian, and even went to Seminary to become an evangelist? Lemme guess. I "did it wrong", right?
You tell me? He reads our hearts... Not to mention, he wouldnt be involved with any organized religion of this earth because they started with evil intent and are corrupted maybe that could be it too but he reads our heart and you must see,k him personally he wants a personal relationship with us not memorizing a bunch of scripture...

Jesus did not elaborate a set of instructions
Actually, he did .....

100%

That or you are lying.

You know which one my money is on. No one goes from that to what you are.

You tell me? He reads our hearts... Not to mention, he wouldnt be involved with any organized religion of this earth because they started with evil intent and are corrupted maybe that could be it too but he reads our heart and you must see,k him personally he wants a personal relationship with us not memorizing a bunch of scripture...
Translation: "You did it wrong," And that's what it always comes down to. No matter what a person does to "hear God's voice", if you delude yourself into thinking something happens, that's "God spoke to me,", if not, it's "You did it wrong,". How convenient...

100%

That or you are lying.

Fuck off. You don't know me. You don't know my life. I spent two years in seminary, and all it did was expose for me the hypocrisy, and inconsistency of Christianity.

100%

That or you are lying.

Fuck off. You don't know me. You don't know my life. I spent two years in seminary, and all it did was expose for me the hypocrisy, and inconsistency of Christianity.
You just took something in another thread that was allegorical and tried to use it as literal. You don't know jack shit about theology.

Suck on that.

100%

That or you are lying.

You just took something in another thread that was allegorical and tried to use it as literal. You don't know jack shit about theology.

Suck on that.
Not only are you wrong, but you're still attacking me, instead of my arguments. You really suck at logical debate. Try harder.

Translation: "You did it wrong," And that's what it always comes down to. No matter what a person does to "hear God's voice", if you delude yourself into thinking something happens, that's "God spoke to me,", if not, it's "You did it wrong,". How convenient...
If you believe,you will hear ... if you seek, you will find. He knows your heart - even when you don't.

From what you have written, you don't seek. You only wish to prove He is irrelevant, or non-existent. For you, He is.

If you believe,you will hear ... if you seek, you will find. He knows your heart - even when you don't.

From what you have written, you don't seek. You only wish to prove He is irrelevant, or non-existent. For you, He is.
Not any more. I figure a quarter of a century was long enough.

100%

That or you are lying.

Suck on that.
Not only are you wrong, but you're still attacking me, instead of my arguments. You really suck at logical debate. Try harder.
Attacking you?

I don't believe you.

100%

That or you are lying.

Suck on that.
Attacking you?

I don't believe you.
yeah. Attacvking me. Calling me a liar, instead of dealing with my content is a personal attack. Think I'm a liar, then feel free to fuck right off. You do believe me, you just want to distract from my arguments because you have no logical response. You are dismissed.

Not any more. I figure a quarter of a century was long enough.
Guess you'll find out, huh??

100%

That or you are lying.

.Wow.. and you are wondering why Jesus never revealed himself to you could it possibly be your evil nature wow you're out of control

100%

That or you are lying.

you know that is true

100%

That or you are lying.

.Wow.. and you are wondering why Jesus never revealed himself to you could it possibly be your evil nature wow you're out of control
I told a troll to fuck off, and that makes me "out of control"? Not sure you understand what that phrase means.

100%

That or you are lying.

I told a troll to fuck off, and that makes me "out of control"? Not sure you understand what that phrase means.
i am feeling your energy and anyone who sayss that needs to control their hate

100%

That or you are lying.

Oh for ruck's sake! Really? It's all about what you're "feeling" again? Maybe you should spend a little less time feeling, and a little more thinking.

100%

That or you are lying.

Oh for ruck's sake! Really? It's all about what you're "feeling" again? Maybe you should spend a little less time feeling, and a little more thinking.
its not hard to think what your mind is all about doll its pure evil

Forum List

Back