Hypocritical taxation

every working person pays Federal taxes Willow.

Don't hand me that shit. Fifty percent of us pay Federal Income Tax. The other 50% pays zero and in addition to that we have to give most of them a rebate on that zero they didn't pay.

Don't hand me that shit. Fifty percent of us pay Federal Income Tax. The other 50% pays zero and in addition to that we have to give most of them a rebate on that zero they didn't pay.
you said Federal taxes willow, which was simply not true.

social security and medicare are Federal Taxes, federal payroll taxes.....of which the highest tax brackets, pays near zero to none....buffet and gates and heinz and hilton as an example, pay NONE.

Gas taxes are federal taxes as well....

and so are federal cigarette taxes....

so, your first comment of 50% of the people pay no federal taxes is just plain wrong.

social security and medicare are Federal Taxes, federal payroll taxes.....of which the highest tax brackets, pays near zero to none....buffet and gates and heinz and hilton as an example, pay NONE.

so, your first comment of 50% of the people pay no federal taxes is just plain wrong.

50% of Americans pay Zero Federal Income tax. and we give tax rebates to them on that ZERO. 50% of us do pay FEDERAL INCOME TAX.

buffet and gates and heinz and hilton as an example, pay NONE.

Are you sure none of these people don't pay any federal taxes. I doubt that they smoke, but I also doubt that they walk everywhere they go. And, if they have any income, they will pay federal taxes on it.

Wasn't it Warren Buffet talking about his secretary paying more in taxes than he did? Of course what he meant to say was her tax rate was higher than his. I don't know what Buffet makes, but if he makes a million a year,(probably a helluva lot more) I did read that he pays a 17% on his AGI, which is $170,000 in taxes.

If it's wrong to spend tax dollars of people who oppose abortion on abortion, isn't it equally as wrong to spend dollars of people who oppose war on wars?

Do you understand the difference between killing the unborn and National defense?

Does everybody understand that we DON'T spend taxpayer money on abortions, but we DO spend obscene amounts of our fucking tax dollars on war?

If it's wrong to spend tax dollars of people who oppose abortion on abortion, isn't it equally as wrong to spend dollars of people who oppose war on wars?

Only 50% of you turds even pay Federal INCOME Taxes. Don't you think before we pose stupid questions such as yours we should all have some skin in the game?

I fixed it so Care for Nothing will understand I am talking about Federal Income Tax..

I don't understand what it is you're accusing me of being here. What exactly kind of "turd" am I that only 50% of "us" pay the federal income tax? As to your question, it's irrelevant. The point is the principle. If it's wrong for people who oppose abortions to be forced to pay for abortions through tax dollars, how is it not wrong for people who oppose war to be forced to pay for war through taxation?

The answer is to elect representatives which agree with you Kevin. Until then you are a victim of the representative part of our republic.

I mean, I am generally oppossed to flood walls yet the government keeps building them. Should I with hold my tax money and not expect to go to jail?

No. I shoukd run my mouth more about big government welfare programs like flood walls and convince ppl I am right.

That's one way of looking at it I suppose.

Only 50% of you turds even pay Federal INCOME Taxes. Don't you think before we pose stupid questions such as yours we should all have some skin in the game?

I fixed it so Care for Nothing will understand I am talking about Federal Income Tax..

I don't understand what it is you're accusing me of being here. What exactly kind of "turd" am I that only 50% of "us" pay the federal income tax? As to your question, it's irrelevant. The point is the principle. If it's wrong for people who oppose abortions to be forced to pay for abortions through tax dollars, how is it not wrong for people who oppose war to be forced to pay for war through taxation?

No Taxation without Representation should also mean,, no Representation without Taxation. :eusa_angel:

No Taxation without Representation should also mean,, no Representation without Taxation. :eusa_angel:

Okay. Did you have an opinion about the actual subject of this thread though?

Yes Kevin, you do have an argument....imo.

Especially since our war spending and killing, does not meet constitutional muster...(we have not had congress vote, with 2/3's in favor of war as per the constitutional requirements.)

We, as citizens, have no right to determine what our tax dollars are used for. We elect representatives who have that right and it is they, not us, who determines if tax dollars can be spent for war, roads, bridges, Social security, abortion or just to waste it on useless studies.

So the Republicans are wrong when they say it's immoral to tax a pro-life supporter to pay for abortions? Note that I don't know whether you're a Republican, Democrat, or otherwise, so I'm not trying to say you're a hypocrite or what have you.

What part of the Constitution provides for spending tax dollars on abortions?

If the argument is that federal health spending in general is unconstitutional, why is there a Hyde amendment specifically for abortion, as opposed to an amendment defunding every service covered by Medicare or receiving Medicaid FMAP? The argument you're putting forward offers no leeway in picking and choosing which services can legitimately be covered using federal dollars; thus you fail to address the OP's point.

The guy above who said something about elective services came closest to trying to offer an explanation of why it's legitimate to specifically withhold funds from abortion services and abortion services alone. Of course, you can drill down into that a bit further--should federal dollars cover vision or dental? What's the criteria for a necessary procedure?

And then, looping back to the OP, one wonders whether elective wars/military operations should be receiving federal dollars if elective medical procedures shouldn't.

Do you understand the difference between killing the unborn and National defense?

Hmm... well, in terms of the way they are currently being implemented, the kids we kill in the name of national defense tend to be older. And further away. Did I miss anything?

Last edited:

Yes, I do. Fifty Percent who pay zero Federal Income tax should sit down and stfu. The other 50% who do pay Federal Income tax should vote by representation as to whether or not they want their tax payers money to be spent on war or abortion. Why does it matter to you so much how someone dies? You will fight to the death to kill an unborn but you don't want war? Have you examined your ass lately?

Yes, I do. Fifty Percent who pay zero Federal Income tax should sit down and stfu. The other 50% who do pay Federal Income tax should vote by representation as to whether or not they want their tax payers money to be spent on war or abortion. Why does it matter to you so much how someone dies? You will fight to the death to kill an unborn but you don't want war? Have you examined your ass lately?

You do know what they say about making assumptions, right? I don't support abortion.

We have more than 300 million americans, Only 160 million work or file income taxes.....does that mean all of the citizens who do not work do not get representation in this country and where is THAT (for goodness sakes :eek:) in the constitution?

No taxation without representation is the term and NOT no representation without taxation silly! :cuckoo:

also, fyi

It's true that the vast majority of the 69 million households make less than $50,000 -- with very heavy representation among households making less than $30,000.
But nearly 5 million households in the group make somewhere between $50,000 and more than $1 million. The vast majority of that group -- 4.3 million -- make between $50,000 and $100,000. Another 485,000 make between $100,000 and $500,000. And the remaining 18,000 make $500,000 or more
Very high-income households can fall into the non-payer group if they get their income from tax-exempt bonds or overseas sources for which they get foreign tax credits, according to Roberton Williams, a senior fellow at the Tax Policy Center.
Other data from the IRS show that the tax bite on the very highest income taxpayers has fallen as their incomes have risen. In 2007, the top 400 individual tax returns had an average adjusted gross income of $345 million, up from $47 million in 1992. But their average tax rate was just 17%, down from 26% in 1992.
45% of households owe no federal income tax for 2010 - Apr. 17, 2011

Just to play Devil's Advocate, when was the last time we fought a war to defend this country?

Last week? What do you think the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were?

Killing hundred of thousands of innocent people is OK, invading a sovereign nation is OK, but helping a women make what may be the toughest decision she has in life is not OK. What a convenient morality you possess. We need to be defended against Afghanistan! You gotta be kidding? How about Yemen, Pakistan, North Korea?

If we tax the working poor at a rate of 10%, they will pay a larger percentage of their income in federal taxes than the super wealthy. Please tell us all how that is fair or even begins to make any sense Willow. You have to include SS and Medicare taxes paid into the equation. The super wealthy pay a pittance towards that as a percentage of their income, while everyone else pays 7.65%. And even though the employer is paying the other 7.65%, that is money that otherwise could go to the employee, so in essence the employee is losing over 15% of his/her pay to SS and Medicare taxes, which are Federal taxes. Add 10% to that and these people will be paying over 25% of their income to the Federal Government. You can add approximately another percentage point that they will pay in excise taxes and other various taxes to the Feds. How much do the wealthy pay? According to figures, last year they only paid between 17% and 18%. But you want to tax the poor people at more than 25% and give the wealthy a tax cut. :cuckoo:

If we tax the working poor at a rate of 10%, they will pay a larger percentage of their income in federal taxes than the super wealthy. Please tell us all how that is fair or even begins to make any sense Willow. You have to include SS and Medicare taxes paid into the equation. The super wealthy pay a pittance towards that as a percentage of their income, while everyone else pays 7.65%. And even though the employer is paying the other 7.65%, that is money that otherwise could go to the employee, so in essence the employee is losing over 15% of his/her pay to SS and Medicare taxes, which are Federal taxes. Add 10% to that and these people will be paying over 25% of their income to the Federal Government. You can add approximately another percentage point that they will pay in excise taxes and other various taxes to the Feds. How much do the wealthy pay? According to figures, last year they only paid between 17% and 18%. But you want to tax the poor people at more than 25% and give the wealthy a tax cut. :cuckoo:

show me a tax table.

Forum List

Back