Hush Hillary

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Something for everyone here. Links at site, well worth reading:

http://marccooper.com/hillary-hush/
Hillary Hush!

How quickly America is, apparently, going to hell. Not more than a month or so ago we were a “plantation.” Now, it seems, we’re on the verge of becoming a “police state.”

I could use this bandwidth now to muse over the Dubai Doo Doo. Or over the prolongation of the Patriot Act. Or a million other worthy subjects. But, instead, I want to focus –yes—on Hillary.

After what she said the other day – that some GOP immigration proposals would create a “police state” – I simply have no choice. Too outrageous. Can’t let it pass. Someone, somewhere has to take five minutes to underscore the gross and rather macabre hypocrisy that’s involved here.

So let me start with the lede: While our current immigration mess has bi-partisan roots, it was precisely the Clinton administration that is most responsible for our contemporary border nightmares.

In 1993-94, Bill Clinton made a conscious decision to pander to the illegal immigrant fever then sweeping California and ordered Janet Reno to blockade the border — or at least those portions of it in public view that could cause him embarrassment. The traditional urban crossing points for migrants – San Diego, El Paso, Nogales etc.—were barricaded with steel, sensors and Border Patrol agents in what was, essentially, a policy of deterrence by death. No dent whatsoever in the migrant flow was achieved by the Clinton policies. Desperate immigrants merely went around Clinton’s blockades, trekking into perilous and unpopulated deserts, using their bones and blood to sear new routes of entry.

When Clinton came into office, a few dozen people (at most) would die every year trying to cross. By the time he left office, that figure had climbed ten-fold to an average of 300-400 deaths per year. The full consequences of that policy are brilliantly discussed in this policy paper by UCSD demographer Wayne Cornelius. If you want to know what the real life policies of the Clintons are, read it. If you want to persist in campaign-spun fantasies, please don’t.

Much worse, the Republican Congress and President Clinton cynically used the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing to levy two horrific punishments upon immigrants and on immigration policy. Indeed, for those who actually work in the field, 1996 is remembered as the dark year of a “perfect storm,” to quote leading immigration lawyer Dan Kowalski. In his own policy analysis of that period, Kowalski reminds us that two bills signed by Clinton – the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996 and the Illegal Immigrant Responsibility Act—landed two “deadly body blows” to the immigrant advocacy community.

These two pieces of Clintonian legislation – waving the “anti-terrorism” flag every much as manipulatively as Bush would a few years later– “tightened the grounds of exclusion and deportation, tightened some waivers and removed others, made detention mandatory for vastly greater numbers of deportable aliens and radically restricted judicial review of immigration agency action,” says Kowalski.

In short, the Clinton bills turned U.S. immigration policy and especially the immigration courts ever more Kafkaesque – a sad reality with which immigration lawyers grapple every day of the week. Walk into any federal immigration court at anytime and watch the Clinton-engineered deportation railroad doing its grim duty.

Can anyone provide us, then, with a single, on-the-record statement from Ms. Clinton expressing, at the time, any concern for a police state? I’d love to see it. Did Ms. Clinton believe it was a “police state” tactic to exploit a bombing by a couple of American loons to justify a crackdown on immigrants? (Not to mention the concurrent stripping of rights from death row inmates included in the same “anti-terrorism” bill promoted by her hubby).

What we can show you are the memorial crosses for the 3500 migrants who died as they were pushed deeper into the desert by Clinton’s various border “operations” We can show you the deportation orders for literally tens of thousands of legal immigrants (that’s right, legal green-card holding permanent residents) who have been deported and in many cases have had their families shattered thanks to the policies imposed by Bill Clinton.

So Hillary, on this subject at least, have the minimal decency to hush.

This entry was posted on Friday, March 10th, 2006 at 12:03 am

LOL. She won't hush, she knows the short memories of Americans will make them forget their horrible record on immigration. Even the fact that she has not introduced a single immigration bill the entire time she has had that great office of hers...

Just the thought that it might even be remotely possible that Mrs Clinton could run for the most powerful position in the world leaves absolutely NO DOUBT that this country is certainly f.........ed.

What is amazing is that she is a clever snake. Had she have handled the Monica thing differently she would not have escaped with this popularity. Be it as it may it was actually Bill who was popular, he could have won a third even having been a whoremonger and a liar. That proves to me that the average American gives not a damn about ethics or real quals, we just want hollywood type popularity to represent us in our government.

We're screwed honey! It isn't going to get better. Kids are getting fatter, people care less about everything that matters, no one gets a gold watch anymore and I haven't tasted apple pie since I don't know when. It's all relative to todays attitude. Remember when little boys went out on saturday morning with one goal in mind and that was to locate a ball game. You know what I mean. Video games rule childrens lives now, we actually believe what we see on TV (everything). The press has won the information war.

The Hildabeast would certainly have been better off to shut up! Every time she speaks she loses popularity so she shouold take your advice. As it stands she could probably make a decent claim to the D's nomination, if she continues to speak her opinions she will screw that up so I say, "SPEAK HILLARY".

Hillary is a nightmare, but like John McC I do not think she'll get elected. McC will not get through the primaries, Hillary will, though she will wound the party, perhaps fatally. She will not get through the general elections.

The rest of your concerns, some are valid, though not as worrisome as they may appear. I still make apple pie! ;)

Does anybody else find it discomfitting to consider that if HillBilly runs and wins that this nation's executive would be under the control of two families for at least 24 years?

no1tovote4 said:
Does anybody else find it discomfitting to consider that if HillBilly runs and wins that this nation's executive would be under the control of two families for at least 24 years?

Yeah, I've thought and thought about that. :coffee3: :smoke: Really. Very uncomfortable.

Would Bill Clinton be the first lady if she won ? How does that work ?

no1tovote4 said:

no1tovote4 said:

From what I've seen, there's not much quality leadership standing in the wings to go on stage. Couple of governors at best, and, as already indicated, their time is down the road a few years.

Kathianne said:
Hillary is a nightmare, but like John McC I do not think she'll get elected. McC will not get through the primaries, Hillary will, though she will wound the party, perhaps fatally. She will not get through the general elections.

The rest of your concerns, some are valid, though not as worrisome as they may appear. I still make apple pie! ;)

A slice over here please... :D

NATO AIR said:
And Jeb (who is a damn good governor) is probably going to run in 2012 or 2016.

I've had enough of the Bush's, and the clinton's. We need new blood in the White House.

Hillary Clinton is popular with immigrants like Guyanese

Friday, March 10th 2006

Dear Editor,

The latest poll from New York state shows Democrat Hillary Clinton would beat Republican Rudy Giuliani, the former Mayor of the NYC, in a race for President. Hillary is extremely popular among Guyanese, West Indians, and other immigrants. The election is more than two years away. Hillary has said the Presidency is not on her mind right now. But the general feeling is she will declare her candidacy to seek the nomination for the Democratic Party sometime in the middle of next year. I think she will be the nominee because of her enormous popularity among Democrats and because of her ability to raise money.

Hillary is seeking re-election to the U.S Senate in November and is expected to win easily against her Republican opponent. Guyanese and other West Indians have told me they will vote for her in overwhelming numbers. In fact, hardly any West Indian indicated they will vote for the republican opponent and it is not even clear who is the republican candidate against Hillary.

A poll taken late last year showed Hillary going down to defeat to Giuliani in New York state in the Presidential race but the latest poll this week shows a reversal of fortunes. Giuliani now trails Hillary 39% to 48%. New York Governor George Pataki, a Republican, who is also expected to run for the Presidency, is also trailing Hillary by an even greater margin 33% to 52%. Pataki is not seeking re-election as Governor this year because polls show he will go down to defeat. My analysis shows Democrat , Elliott Spitzer, is expected to win the Governorship in November and I am urging Guyanese and other West Indians to back him.

Pataki is not expected to be the Republican candidate for President against Hillary should she win the nomination for the Democrats. Polls show Hillary would win the nomination. Giuliani is in a close race for the nomination against Senator John McCain for the Republican nomination. I believe in the end, McCain would win out against Giuliani.

Polls last year show Hillary going down to defeat against McCain or Giuliani for President in the whole country. Around the country, 52% said they will not vote for Hillary as President. Hillary is not very popular around the country but she is well liked in New York especially among immigrants like Guyanese. But it is too early to predict the winner of the Presidency more than two and a half years away. Minorities and Guyanese would like to see Hillary as President. I think she will make an outstanding President like her husband, Bill.

Yours faithfully,

Vishnu Bisram

http://www.stabroeknews.com/index.pl/article_letters?id=47406051

Forum List

Back