Hurricane Florence and Fake News

Such bravery reporting in the HOWLING WINDS of Florence, barely able to stay on his feet....
lol.gif

Jesus christ...now the weather channel has turned into CNN.....this is pathetic....We KNOW there is a hurricane why does he need to act like a moron make people think its worse than it was?

Such bravery reporting in the HOWLING WINDS of Florence, barely able to stay on his feet....
lol.gif

Jesus christ...now the weather channel has turned into CNN.....this is pathetic....We KNOW there is a hurricane why does he need to act like a moron make people think its worse than it was?

The Weather Channel is based in Atlanta and Atlanta is 99% Democrat. After Hurricane Katrina many people were caught in Atlanta claiming they had been in Katrina and got Federal Funds to ease their suffering. I lived and worked in Atlanta for 25 years and I want Federal Funds to ease my suffering.

Its ironic how the weather channel and news channels echo the government warnings to evacuate or die....but then send reporters and camera crews to the areas in the path of the hurricane.

Its ironic how the weather channel and news channels echo the government warnings to evacuate or die....but then send reporters and camera crews to the areas in the path of the hurricane.

Gotta sell that soap! I kinda enjoy the hurricane coverage, especially when there's debris flying around them. Seems now even the talking heads want in on the action.....Bill Hemmer, total studio guy, from Fox was out there in Florence...they sniff an Emmy if they get blown down the street or catch a stop sign in the head.
lol.gif

Notice the grass in the planter? the wind is at his back....
lol.gif

Putting your back to a strong wind does not seem that unusual.

Pretending the wind is three times stronger than it really is, is silly.

The wind is coming from behind, so his bracing leg should be forward not behind him....shameful staging but funny.....he'll have trouble living this one down.

Gotta sell that soap! I kinda enjoy the hurricane coverage, especially when there's debris flying around them. Seems now even the talking heads want in on the action.....Bill Hemmer, total studio guy, from Fox was out there in Florence...they sniff an Emmy if they get blown down the street or catch a stop sign in the head.
lol.gif

I have been through more Typhoons than I can count all were named Maria. I have only been through one Hurricane, Betsy, on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Betsy was Category 1 and when 8 years old she tried to blow me off my feet but she never met xband.

Last edited:
That's classic, I can easily imagine me acting like the weatherman in same situation. Can also imagine the ribbing the guy's now taking from friends and colleagues. For all the laughs I think it would be worth it. Life's too short to not to be entertained along the way. Best laughs seem to come from those not intending to be funny.

Please note: The reporter is NOT leaning in to the wind as one would expect... and the real kicker is the two guys strolling along in the background...

Storm of the Century, eh? Just one more over-bloated media non-event proving once again that the "experts" can't even get the weather right 12 hours in advance while trying to warn us of climate changes 50 years in the future. Florence was barely even a hurricane when it landed and mostly just pushed some storm surge ashore from its bucking with the Gulf Stream. It has already fizzled out into a glorified rain cloud.

Honestly the worst thing about it is the standard "boy who cried wolf". When they see a Cat 4 coming in they need to be honest about what they know and CANNOT know. They seemed just SURE it was a Cat 4 and would stay a Cat 4 and I guess wind shear just ate it up. Okay, they'd better learn from this, and next time say "It's a Cat 4. We have no idea if it will stay a Cat 4, but out of an abundance of caution we are issuing mandatory evacuations." or whatever.

People remember this. People remember Cat 4s that they are promised will remain Cat 4s and then dissipating to barely Cat 1s. They need to do better, at least about stating what they cannot know.

Weather is simply too complex to predict. Last year Harvey came across the gulf a minor storm, then suddenly intensified right off the coast of Texas then stalled, sitting there dumping water on Texas pulled off the Gulf. So they were right to evacuate the Carolinas, because the models are crude and they simply do not know. Better safe than sorry. We should be glad this storm sort of fizzled. If nothing else, it kind of flies in the face of all the climate change model predictions!

That's classic, I can easily imagine me acting like the weatherman in same situation. Can also imagine the ribbing the guy's now taking from friends and colleagues. For all the laughs I think it would be worth it. Life's too short to not to be entertained along the way. Best laughs seem to come from those not intending to be funny.

Exactly...for the next couple weeks folks will drop into stances fighting off imaginary wind gusts when they see him. The Weather Channel in a classic CYA is claiming he was standing on "wet grass" while the boys wandering down the street behind him were "on concrete"....nobody is buying it.
lol.gif

I have been through more Typhoons than I can count all were named Maria. I have only been through one Hurricane, Betsy, on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Betsy was Category 1 and when 8 years old she tried to blow me off my feet but she never met xband.

Never been in a hurricane...a close-call once from a tornado up in Michigan. Might have been in a typhoon in the RVN...recon patrol and had to hunker down. Scary part was Nathan had an idea where we were and knew there was no helo coming to extract us until the wind died down.

It is pretty funny.
I love when they get the camera crews out and highlight minor damage as if it is the end of the world.
"And over here this tree lost a branch....we got signs blown over the road... I was talking to a resident earlier who apparently lost his mail out of his mailbox... it is pandemonium here guys!.... back to you"
"OK Brian... be careful out there".

:D

lol.gif

The worst part is the idiot isnt even leaning into the wind. Hes literally leaning the wrong way (look at the plants). :laugh:

Forum List

Back