Nearly 8 billion

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Since there is nearly 8 billion people alive in the world today isn't it about time for a Great Famine or pestilent disease to take care of overpopulation

I could never figure out why folks wanted to keep populating the planet with all of the resource issues we have; NOT enuff potable water, 95% of the planet with NO health insurance, 1/3 to 1/2 of the planet goes to bed (most don't actually have a bed) starving every night, wars, pestilence, tribalism, disease, it seems like a really great place to, "go forth and multiply" as the conservatives love to espouse from their lovely fairy tale book.

Ehrlich’s 1990 book "The Population Explosion" was already supposed to be “the most important, astounding, and far-reaching event of the twentieth century." Entire nations were supposed to starve, setting off global wars.

But it didn't happen.

Then there was the hole in the ozone layer that was supposed to fry everyone.

But it didn't happen.

Then there was the coming of the new "Ice Age."

But it didn't happen.

Then there was the Great Rainforest Hoax, where cutting down all those trees was supposed to make us suffocate.

But it didn't happen

Then there was the great "Global Warming" hoax that was supposed to melt the arctic ice, flood the world, and kill all the polar bears.

But it didn't happen.

I could never figure out why folks wanted to keep populating the planet with all of the resource issues we have; NOT enuff potable water, 95% of the planet with NO health insurance, 1/3 to 1/2 of the planet goes to bed (most don't actually have a bed) starving every night, wars, pestilence, tribalism, disease, it seems like a really great place to, "go forth and multiply" as the conservatives love to espouse from their lovely fairy tale book.

1/3 to 1/2 of the planet goes to bed (most don't actually have a bed) starving every night,

BS

Considering that when the population was 6 million, everyone on the planet could fit in the state of Texas, if living in townhouses, I have doubts about claims of overpopulation.

It seems like it’s more about mismanagement.

1/3 to 1/2 of the planet goes to bed (most don't actually have a bed) starving every night,

BS
In a perfect world with current agriculture technology every person in the world could be fed. The worry would be a drastic drop in supply due to unseen/unpredicted environmental factors.

BS
In a perfect world with current agriculture technology every person in the world could be fed. The worry would be a drastic drop in supply due to unseen/unpredicted environmental factors.

You utilized the words 'could' & 'would' so, your post applies only to hypothetical, or hypothesis which is NOT reality.

I understand that conservatives love to play that game but reality is reality; not make believe.

BS

You utilized the words 'could' & 'would' so, your post applies only to hypothetical, or hypothesis which is NOT reality.

I understand that conservatives love to play that game but reality is reality; not make believe.
You are correct, that is why in my first sentence it says "in a perfect world".

Read words more :)

The northern hemisphere has been throwing money at the southern hemisphere for over a century.

Nothing has changed.

Considering that when the population was 6 million, everyone on the planet could fit in the state of Texas, if living in townhouses, I have doubts about claims of overpopulation.

Look up Paulo Soleri's "Arcology". A good, though somewhat expensive idea from the 70s.

Meant to say 6 billion. There was a study done. Can’t remember who did it.

Forum List

Back