Hunter Thompson commits suicide

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Comrade, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~2723492,00.html

For those who know of him and has read his later works, Thompson became a raving moonbat in his later years and rabid America hater. Whether his suicidal tendencies caused him to becom a radical Anti-American lib, or he became suicidal because he was a liberal proven wrong, is a mystery. But surely every time I hear another rant from the left again, I'll picture themselves shooting themselves in the head... its only fitting.

And if you think that I'm too harsh on the poor soul, his tirades against the people which celebrated his past work and made him rich and famous are exactly why I can't manage to weep for him killing himself.

Apparently, Thomson's last years were spent churning out sports-related pieces for ESPN's Page Two section, and one of his pieces in May of 2004 had this classic example of moral equivalence and in a way, Holocaust denial.

Oh, the horror of the U.S. being represented at the Olympics! I think the free elections in Iraq must have pushed this guy over the edge like a malfunctioning computer. America=Nazi Germany=Democracy in Iraq? Does ... Not ... Compute... fizzle.... BANG!

Maybe Michael Moore and other libtard notables will also take things into their own hands and end their shame and grief. One can only hope.

:banana2:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    When someone takes their life like this, you have to wonder why. It's pretty obvious the person had a problem, usually, depression worsened by alcohol and/or drug abuse (LINK). I wouldn't be surprised if he was into both.

Obviously, something was eating the guy.... I have to wonder, if it was a similarity he shared with his fellow America haters. My guess is one trait he shared with his fellow America haters was that he was the sort that was perpetually sarcastic, had something bad to say about everything and everyone plus he hated, and was bored with, himself, his life and everything around him. I'm sure we've all met the type. Furthermore, he was probably constantly spewing his poison and justifying it as a form of honesty. He managed to turn this hatred of his fellow man (and by extension of his country and fellow countrymen) into a livelihood and unfortunately, was able to hoodwink his readship into believing that he actually had something of value to offer them through his writings.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I like this excerpt regarding Thompson:

http://www.lileks.com/bleats/archive/05/0205/022105.html

4. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    This is what too much acid results in. The guy was a wingnut, loved by mostly other wingnut druggies.

5. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    -