Humiliation, fasting, and prayer

Satan is the god of the world and prince of the power of the air.
Lol what?! Satan is an air bender??? :lmao:

No. It indicates Satan is an influencer. He has major influence over the ideals, opinions, goals, hopes and views of the majority of people. His influence also encompasses the world’s philosophies, education, and commerce. The thoughts, ideas, speculations and false religions of the world are under his control and have sprung from his lies and deceptions.

There are believers today like William Layne Craig who do not believe Genesis and make up their own interpretation like theistic evolution. However, that's not God's word.
Something to consider: There are believers of Genesis who do not believe it is a literal account. For example, while the story is told with Adam being a single character, there are clues throughout Genesis that this was done for the sake of the story. Adam means man. Could it be that Adam was the first tribe/nation of man, and this nation lasted 930 years. Tribes began breaking off from Adam--The Tribe of Abel was massacred by the Tribe of Cain, and that tribe existed for 730 years.

There are other interesting interpretations as well. Long ago, Rabbis noted that what does not happen now, could not have happened then. Talking snake? Ever picture a particularly enticing cookie practically begging to be eaten? Could Eve had seen the snake approaching the fruit without fear? Non-literalists do not insist that any of Genesis happened this way, only suggest the possibility.

Satan is the god of the world and prince of the power of the air.
Lol what?! Satan is an air bender??? :lmao:

No. It indicates Satan is an influencer. He has major influence over the ideals, opinions, goals, hopes and views of the majority of people. His influence also encompasses the world’s philosophies, education, and commerce. The thoughts, ideas, speculations and false religions of the world are under his control and have sprung from his lies and deceptions.
:lmao:

But why did god make stupid and evil in this universe?

Haha. You'll have a long time to figure that out.

One of the first things is to discover what God did make and do for you. And how wonderful these things are like 'light.' The sun coming over the horizon at sunrise. The sun shining down on a warm, clear sky blue day. The sun going down at evening.

Instead, your mind is full of the lies and tricks that Satan has put there because you let him in. Isn't it time to tell him to get lost and start solving things for yourself?
So why does god let Satan have so much power. Is god a wimp?

smh. You can't figure out any of this can you haha?

God is not a wimp, but god is a wimp.

The same reason you wrote God as 'god.' Satan is the god of the world and prince of the power of the air. This is written in the Bible. He became this once Adam gave up his domain by disobeying God and committing original sin. So, Satan does have great power here on Earth. You were honoring Satan just now. He's got you in his clutches. It proves Satan has tricked your brain as I've said.
You’re insane. Now you know.

So why did God let Satan has so much free reign?

I already explained! God didn't give the dominion of Earth to Satan. He gave it to Adam and Adam lost it to Satan after he committed original sin. Remember we are all to die because of original sin. Whether we die of old age or due to God's hands it doesn't matter. That is our fate.

This is how it happened according to God, so don't go calling God insane!!! At first, I had trouble buying the story. There is a section in the Bible where it lists how old these people were. They were hundreds of years old. They lived ten times longer than the longest living human beings today. Then there is the section on the begats or how the families branched out. Yet, it all makes sense if one understands that it was different environment then and people had purer genes and weren't expose to gamma ray radiation after Noah's Flood. Remember Adam and Eve were perfect and were to live forever until they disobeyed God. There are believers today like William Layne Craig who do not believe Genesis and make up their own interpretation like theistic evolution. However, that's not God's word.
So why did god make Satan in the first place?

So who created the physical laws?
You tell me. It is your hypothesis that physical laws were created. My hypothesis is that physical laws simply are.
So god didn't create everything in this universe. You're dismissed, that's ludicrous.
It's ludicrous because you believe God created everything? :rofl:
Someone or more created everything in the universe. Things don't just pop into being by themselves

You tell me. It is your hypothesis that physical laws were created. My hypothesis is that physical laws simply are.
So god didn't create everything in this universe. You're dismissed, that's ludicrous.
Someone or more created everything in the universe. Things don't just pop into being by themselves
And you believe a loving God would only create a universe where no bad existed?

No, I'm asking WHY god would put so much bad in this universe? What's god's motivation for doing so?

This part has always struck me as completely bizzaro:

We are fasting and praying for:

1) Gods will [sic] to be done

--- Let's assume this is supposed to mean "God's will" (the will of a monotheism "God") and not "the will of an indeterminate number of gods" --- why on earth or elsewhere would it ever be necessary to "pray" for God to do its own will? If "God" exists as described ........... then isn't it going to do whatever it wants by definition? How on earth could "God" be prevented from doing its own will, to the extent that it needed help from humanity to convince itself to do and be what it already does and is in the first place?

:eusa_think:

God's limitations are self imposed.

God gives us free will. It was his choice, so to work through us he asks for our approval.

This seems odd to sinful humans who simply lie to get others to do their bidding or use brute force.

I’ve been thinking about this election tomorrow. And I encourage everyone to go vote if you haven’t.

I wanted to invite everyone to consider doing a day of humiliation, fasting, and prayer tomorrow for our nation. I don’t care what side you are on or if you are on any. But we need the Lord’s blessing on our nation. So I encourage everyone to humble yourselves before the Lord. And then pray and fast for at least part of the day tomorrow if you physically can. If you can’t fast from food for medical reasons fast from social media or tv or something to show unity.

1) Gods will to be done no matter the outcome tomorrow

2) unity instead of disunity

3) healing the pain, anger, and divisions among us.

4) for the ability to truly love those that we consider our enemies and that hate us.

We need divine power if we’re going to unite and stay strong as a nation
I’d join you in doing absolutely nothing tomorrow but I have to vote and go to work.

Me to, only, I vote before, during, and after work.

Vote early, vote often!

This part has always struck me as completely bizzaro:

1) Gods will [sic] to be done

--- Let's assume this is supposed to mean "God's will" (the will of a monotheism "God") and not "the will of an indeterminate number of gods" --- why on earth or elsewhere would it ever be necessary to "pray" for God to do its own will? If "God" exists as described ........... then isn't it going to do whatever it wants by definition? How on earth could "God" be prevented from doing its own will, to the extent that it needed help from humanity to convince itself to do and be what it already does and is in the first place?

:eusa_think:

God's limitations are self imposed.

God gives us free will. It was his choice, so to work through us he asks for our approval.

This seems odd to sinful humans who simply lie to get others to do their bidding or use brute force.

The point is this:

If "God" exists as described ---- then by definition it has no need for our or anyone else's "approval". And whatever happens anywhere ever is, by definition, "God's will". There's literally no possibility that it would not 'be done'. If there IS such a possibility, then that means the definition of "God" as given cannot stand.

No, I'm asking WHY god would put so much bad in this universe? What's god's motivation for doing so?
So much or any?

How much bad do you think is in the universe? More than 90%?

So much or any?

Why put bad here in the first place? For what purpose? When you get a clue to these questions, let me know.

So much or any?

Why put bad here in the first place? For what purpose? When you get a clue to these questions, let me know.
So zero bad, then?

I guess we are back to my original question, you believe a loving God would only create a universe where no bad existed, right?

So much or any?

So zero bad, then?

I guess we are back to my original question, you believe a loving God would only create a universe where no bad existed, right?
Fuck are you ever stupid. I’m asking WHY god puts bad things here.

So much or any?

So zero bad, then?

Fuck are you ever stupid. I’m asking WHY god puts bad things here.
Right. I got that. I am trying to discern where you draw the line for acceptable. Is it not letting any bad things happen?

Forum List

Back