Humans in the Americas 130,000 years ago?

mamooth

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Humans Lived in North America 130,000 Years Ago, Study Claims
---
Prehistoric humans — perhaps Neanderthals or another lost species — occupied what is now California some 130,000 years ago, a team of scientists reported on Wednesday.

The bold and fiercely disputed claim, published in the journal Nature, is based on a study of mastodon bones discovered near San Diego. If the scientists are right, they would significantly alter our understanding of how humans spread around the planet.
---

The common view is that humans settled the Americas around 12,000 years ago, so this is quite a bit further back.

Basically, they found mastodon bones that had been smashed open, near rocks that could have done the smashing, on a site dated to 130,000 years ago. The theory is that no animal except humans could have done the smashing

However, I don't buy it.

First, the site is notable for what it lacks, which is chipped stone tools. Early humans _always_ had chipped stone tools around. They weren't as advanced as the later flint tools, but they were still quite serviceable. Use of such tools dates back to before Homo Sapiens evolved, and they are always found at human-occupied sites. They're not found at this site.

Second, there is something other than humans that could smash up mastodon bones and rocks quite nicely. Other mastodons. Step, crunch. It happens now with elephants when they tread on elephant bones.

There has always been a claim that caucasoid-types came down the west coast of North America about 90 to 100 thousand years ago and died out by 50 thousand years ago.

---
Prehistoric humans — perhaps Neanderthals or another lost species — occupied what is now California some 130,000 years ago, a team of scientists reported on Wednesday.

The bold and fiercely disputed claim, published in the journal Nature, is based on a study of mastodon bones discovered near San Diego. If the scientists are right, they would significantly alter our understanding of how humans spread around the planet.
---

The common view is that humans settled the Americas around 12,000 years ago, so this is quite a bit further back.

Basically, they found mastodon bones that had been smashed open, near rocks that could have done the smashing, on a site dated to 130,000 years ago. The theory is that no animal except humans could have done the smashing

However, I don't buy it.

First, the site is notable for what it lacks, which is chipped stone tools. Early humans _always_ had chipped stone tools around. They weren't as advanced as the later flint tools, but they were still quite serviceable. Use of such tools dates back to before Homo Sapiens evolved, and they are always found at human-occupied sites. They're not found at this site.

Second, there is something other than humans that could smash up mastodon bones and rocks quite nicely. Other mastodons. Step, crunch. It happens now with elephants when they tread on elephant bones.

The mastodon bones had cut marks that could have only been made by humans and the bones were dated using Uranium dating and dated to 110,000 to 130,000 BCE. Must have been Cro-Magnon because Neanderthal's are universally considered stupid.

---

---

However, I don't buy it.

The mastodon bones had cut marks that could have only been made by humans and the bones were dated using Uranium dating and dated to 110,000 to 130,000 BCE. Must have been Cro-Magnon because Neanderthal's are universally considered stupid.

No they are not.

---

---

However, I don't buy it.

No they are not.

Are too.

---

---

However, I don't buy it.

Interesting article thanks

Another mysterious lineage of humans, the Denisovans, split off from Neanderthals an estimated 400,000 years ago. Their remainshave been found in Siberia.

Dr. Deméré and his colleagues say only that their findings “confirm the presence of an unidentified species of Homo,” a reference to the human genus.

To Beth Shapiro, a paleogeneticist at the University of California, Santa Cruz, the idea that Denisovans or Neanderthals could have made the trek from Asia to North America is plausible.

---

---

However, I don't buy it.

No they are not.

Are too.

Stop watching cartoons.

---

---

However, I don't buy it.

I've always suspected that the Americas weren't "vacant" until those folks arrived from Asia. I've always wondered why only Africa had the ancestor of humans, and why it wasn't anywhere else? We keep revising our theories based on what discoveries we've made, and everytime I hear a claim that "This is the earliest" I think to myself "This is the earliest we know about."
Humans have been around so long that I doubt the archeological record will ever tell us half of what actually transpired. It's all fascinating, but just because evidence has been destroyed by eons of time doesn't mean it didn't happen. I just don't believe this continent was a blank uninhabited slate for all those thousands of years. To me, that doesn't make sense.

---

---

However, I don't buy it.

I've always suspected that the Americas weren't "vacant" until those folks arrived from Asia. I've always wondered why only Africa had the ancestor of humans, and why it wasn't anywhere else? We keep revising our theories based on what discoveries we've made, and everytime I hear a claim that "This is the earliest" I think to myself "This is the earliest we know about."
Humans have been around so long that I doubt the archeological record will ever tell us half of what actually transpired. It's all fascinating, but just because evidence has been destroyed by eons of time doesn't mean it didn't happen. I just don't believe this continent was a blank uninhabited slate for all those thousands of years. To me, that doesn't make sense.
So you think humans just popped up all over the world one day? This species just happened to be 99.9% the same?

"Oh Solon, Solon... you Greeks are like children; you don't even know you're own history!"

---

---

However, I don't buy it.

CrusaderFrank believes our ancestors came from another galaxy named Kolob a long time ago.

---

---

However, I don't buy it.

The markings on these bones were probably made by cats not people.

---

---

However, I don't buy it.

Nope.

Cats.

Not people.

---

---

However, I don't buy it.

Plate tectonics predates human existence.

Humans either evolved in Africa totally black like modern gorillas and moved north becoming totally white, or vice versa.

Could have happened either way.

Eventually the Asiatic's walked across a land bridge somewhere into the Western Hemisphere.

The land bridge could have been anywhere -- Alaska, Canada, Brazil, or even Antarctica.

But since the native North and South Americans look Asiatic it was probably Alaska.

---

---

However, I don't buy it.

Another mysterious lineage of humans, the Denisovans, split off from Neanderthals an estimated 400,000 years ago. Their remainshave been found in Siberia.

Dr. Deméré and his colleagues say only that their findings “confirm the presence of an unidentified species of Homo,” a reference to the human genus.

To Beth Shapiro, a paleogeneticist at the University of California, Santa Cruz, the idea that Denisovans or Neanderthals could have made the trek from Asia to North America is plausible.

Miracles never cease to happen. Modern man simply cannot get over himself. Even more astounding is the apparent fact there was some medical knowledge at hand, that bones have marrow and marrow is rich in nutrition. I am an advocate that since the earth is calculated to be 7 billion years old, which entails some 700, one hundred million periods, give or take a few, many intelligent "homo" related civilizations could have existed in say one of those one hundred million periods. Just gotta find the smoking gun, so to speak. And yes, I am aware I am viewed as "nuts" by Matthew and his gang. "Let's go to Mars and find out, been there and done that". Life is a bitch, after all! Boo Hiss!!!!!

---

---

However, I don't buy it.

Miracles never cease to happen. Modern man simply cannot get over himself. Even more astounding is the apparent fact there was some medical knowledge at hand, that bones have marrow and marrow is rich in nutrition. I am an advocate that since the earth is calculated to be 7 billion years old, which entails some 700, one hundred million periods, give or take a few, many intelligent "homo" related civilizations could have existed in say one of those one hundred million periods. Just gotta find the smoking gun, so to speak. And yes, I am aware I am viewed as "nuts" by Matthew and his gang. "Let's go to Mars and find out, been there and done that". Life is a bitch, after all! Boo Hiss!!!!!

It's not a miracle it's just science, we find new shit everyday, most of these tards think we know everything in the year 2017

No, the present calculations are that the Earth is about 4.53 billion years old. And there was nothing above unicellular until at least 750 million years ago. And Homo Sap is only about 200,000 years old.

Forum List

Back