Human Trafficking

And your "stats" from another country are irrelevant when it comes to America and how we would do things here.

You don't know what you are talking about. Not even a clue. Go do some research then come back and talk to me. Do you know what type of human trafficking model the U.S. has? Do you know that it is unique to the United States? Do you know how it works? If you do, then tell me how legalizing prostitution is going to stop it.

This paper has investigated the impact of legalized prostitution on inflows of human trafficking. According to economic theory, there are two effects of unknown magnitude. The scale effect of legalizing prostitution leads to an expansion of the prostitution market and thus an increase in human trafficking, while the substitution effect reduces demand for trafficked prostitutes by favoring prostitutes who have legal residence in a country. Our quantitative empirical analysis for a crosssection of up to 150 countries shows that the scale effect dominates the substitution effect. On average, countries with legalized prostitution experience a larger degree of reported human trafficking inflows. We have corroborated this quantitative evidence with three brief case studies of Sweden, Denmark, and Germany. Consistent with the results from our quantitative analysis, the legalization of prostitution has led to substantial scale effects in these cases.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/geographyAndEn...elopment-_prostitution_-anonymous-REVISED.pdf

My GOD. You are completely missing the point. They don't have much "evidence" to go on while an activity is ILLEGAL. It is not being reported by these women! When it is legalized, the women feel free to report it so it LOOKS as if it is increased when it actually probably is NOT. Also, legalizing it gives the victims a way out of this life.

And your "stats" from another country are irrelevant when it comes to America and how we would do things here.

You don't know what you are talking about. Not even a clue. Go do some research then come back and talk to me. Do you know what type of human trafficking model the U.S. has? Do you know that it is unique to the United States? Do you know how it works? If you do, then tell me how legalizing prostitution is going to stop it.

I already have. How can you compare a LEGAL activity to an illegal underground activity that is not accurately regulated?

It gives the women a way out and makes them feel more free to report it! This is just common sense!

One WELL KNOWN tactic of a pimp is to tell his girls that they will go to jail if they report it, or he will beat them or kill them for reporting it. When it is LEGAL, they cannot get away with this so easily!

This paper has investigated the impact of legalized prostitution on inflows of human trafficking. According to economic theory, there are two effects of unknown magnitude. The scale effect of legalizing prostitution leads to an expansion of the prostitution market and thus an increase in human trafficking, while the substitution effect reduces demand for trafficked prostitutes by favoring prostitutes who have legal residence in a country. Our quantitative empirical analysis for a crosssection of up to 150 countries shows that the scale effect dominates the substitution effect. On average, countries with legalized prostitution experience a larger degree of reported human trafficking inflows. We have corroborated this quantitative evidence with three brief case studies of Sweden, Denmark, and Germany. Consistent with the results from our quantitative analysis, the legalization of prostitution has led to substantial scale effects in these cases.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/geographyAndEn...elopment-_prostitution_-anonymous-REVISED.pdf

My GOD. You are completely missing the point. They don't have much "evidence" to go on while an activity is ILLEGAL. It is not being reported by these women! When it is legalized, the women feel free to report it so it LOOKS as if it is increased when it actually probably is NOT. Also, legalizing it gives the victims a way out of this life.

Jesus Christ woman are you dense? You are arguing that legalizing prostitution is going to lower human trafficking, YET when I show you places where prostitution is legal and human trafficking has INCREASED, you come up with some bullshit response.

Please just :anj_stfu: and do some research. I already have, and you have no clue just how ignorant you are.

Jesus Christ woman are you dense? You are arguing that legalizing prostitution is going to lower human trafficking, YET when I show you places where prostitution is legal and human trafficking has INCREASED, you come up with some bullshit response.

Please just :anj_stfu: and do some research. I already have, and you have no clue just how ignorant you are.

You are talking about CHILDREN. Child prostitution would still be illegal, so that is not going to change. HOWEVER, you can find these children much EASIER if it is a regulated industry. How can that not make sense to you? Also reporting of these illegal activities is going to be increased as is catching the perps of these activities. So . . . how can you compare an illegal, in the dark activity where FEW are reporting it and FEW are being caught to when it is a regulated industry with paperwork required? This is the same argument the libs use for their PRO illegal immigration stance basically. Good grief!

How do you know that the actual number of illegal trafficking incidents actually Increased as opposed to just more of them being CAUGHT because of regulations? Nowhere is that accounted for.

You are talking about CHILDREN. Child prostitution would still be illegal, so that is not going to change. HOWEVER, you can find these children much EASIER if it is a regulated industry. How can that not make sense to you? Also reporting of these illegal activities is going to be increased as is catching the perps of these activities. So . . . how can you compare an illegal, in the dark activity where FEW are reporting it and FEW are being caught to when it is a regulated industry with paperwork required? This is the same argument the libs use for their PRO illegal immigration stance basically. Good grief!

Genius, that is a sub category of the problem, but as I have shown you in two different links, human trafficking INCREASES when prostitution is legalized. It does not DECREASE. It INCREASES. That is absolutely the opposite of what you are saying. My second link goes into great detail with very in-depth stats to back up the point. I don't know what else to tell you, other than you are a head case.

Genius, that is a sub category of the problem, but as I have shown you in two different links, human trafficking INCREASES when prostitution is legalized. It does not DECREASE. It INCREASES. That is absolutely the opposite of what you are saying. My second link goes into great detail with very in-depth stats to back up the point. I don't know what else to tell you, other than you are a head case.

Again, how do you know the numbers actually increase versus more crimes being reported or more perps being caught because of regulations? Oh . . . you don't.

Again, how do you know the numbers actually increase versus more crimes being reported or more perps being caught because of regulations? Oh . . . you don't.

Did you even read the article or look at the stats? No wonder so many people on here think you are such a dumb ****.

Did you even read the article or look at the stats? No wonder so many people on here think you are such a dumb ****.

I am far from dumb, asshole. Yes I've read them many times. I've had this same argument COUNTLESS times, and none of the information posted (which I've seen before) accounts for more reporting and more catching the ILLEGAL trafficking because of being able to regulate, require paperwork for prostitutes, etc.

You want to stoop to name calling. That's fine. We can go there. This is like the 6th time during this discussion that you've resorted to throwing about insults.

You want to stoop to name calling. That's fine. We can go there. This is like the 6th time during this discussion that you've resorted to throwing about insults.

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, you must be a ****. What you going to do next? Say by father killed himself because of me?

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, you must be a ****. What you going to do next? Say by father killed himself because of me?

What are you babbling about? You are nuts too apparently.

Anyways, of course it's going to SEEM like there is an increase when regulations are catching more people shirking the laws! Duh.

Same can be said of murder, aggravated assault, and grand theft, but we're not about to pretend those can be made into anything positive and so they continue to be illegal.

Yes, but some people do this for a living voluntarily. .....

And they are complicit in guaranteeing the suffering of very young girls.

And the only way to try and prevent young ones from being victims is to REGULATE the industry.

Wrong. Proven wrong.

Says you. We've already HAD this argument if you recall. You posted statistics from other countries, citing that there were MORE arrests. .....

I cited FACTS from several countries, including this one, that PROVE trafficking persists and even increases when your dreamed of legalization is attempted.

There is no 'good' form of evil.

Hey, if some adult woman (or man) decides to sell their own body, then what is the problem?

The problem, aside from the violation of human dignity, is that it always and everywhere results in violence, abuse, rape, addiction, kidnapping and death - mainly for women and very young girls.

It's up to each individual whether or not they want to take that risk. ......

No, it's not. The children who ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE become victims to the trafficking that INEVITABLY follows such an evil enterprise have NO say in risks they face.

And keeping it underground helps children in what way? Im....

Nothing but its eradication helps children.
Eradication? Eradication of prostitution? So you want to cut off every punk's dick? Let's start with yours then. You sound worse than a liberal feminist lesbo on crack.

Arrests don't do any good unless the punishment is severe enough to attack the entire operation, including taking down their finances. Human trafficking is soooo more complex than you realize.
Yes it is complex. For example the auntie of a pretty 12 year old girl in an Ukrainian village tells her to go to America with a guy she knows for making good money and good life. Then the auntie collects her $1 reward. Many European countries, but not America tackle this right down to the source by letting the girl stay legal and remove her fear of being deported back. This way European law enforcement has data to take down such networks, that Americans will never imagine. Only America is stupid enough to need a war on prostitution.

The problem, aside from the violation of human dignity, is that it always and everywhere results in violence, abuse, rape, addiction, kidnapping and death - mainly for women and very young girls.

It's up to each individual whether or not they want to take that risk. ......

No, it's not. The children who ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE become victims to the trafficking that INEVITABLY follows such an evil enterprise have NO say in risks they face.

And keeping it underground helps children in what way? Im....

Nothing but its eradication helps children.
Eradication? Eradication of prostitution? So you want to cut off every punk's dick? Let's start with yours then. You sound worse than a liberal feminist lesbo on crack.

What is your position regarding murder?

Forum List

Back