Human Caused Global Warming

The Geological Society of America - Position Statement on Climate Change

Climate Change

Adopted in October 2006; revised April 2010; March 2013

Position Statement
Decades of scientific research have shown that climate can change from both natural and anthropogenic causes. The Geological Society of America (GSA) concurs with assessments by the National Academies of Science (2005), the National Research Council (2011), and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC, 2007) that global climate has warmed and that human activities (mainly greenhouse-gas emissions) account for most of the warming since the middle 1900s. If current trends continue, the projected increase in global temperature by the end of the twenty-first century will result in significant impacts on humans and other species. Addressing the challenges posed by climate change will require a combination of adaptation to the changes that are likely to occur and global reductions of CO2 emissions from anthropogenic sources.

Purpose
This position statement (1) summarizes the strengthened basis for the conclusion that humans are a major factor responsible for recent global warming; (2) describes the significant effects on humans and ecosystems as greenhouse-gas concentrations and global climate reach projected levels; and (3) provides information for policy decisions guiding mitigation and adaptation strategies designed to address the future impacts of anthropogenic warming.

If you read the whole statement, you will find evidence cited for their position. And referances as to where to find the scientists and their articles on that evidence.
boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My, my. Yet every single Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University in the world has policy statements that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. But there is no scientific consensus?

Ah yes, it is all a conspiracy, all these scientists in Russia, Europe, Asia, and North and South America are all in on a giant conspiracy. Tin hats, anyone? LOL

In that case, let's waste trillions and crush our economy.

LOL. Waste trillions converting to non-polluting technology that is not only better but provides cheaper electricity. That is being done right now in those ultra-liberal states of Texas and Oklahoma. The technologies in solar, wind, and grid scale batteries are going to create a more robust grid with cheaper power for all in the near future.

Waste trillions converting to non-polluting technology that is not only better but provides cheaper electricity.

That's hilarious!!!
If it was better and cheaper (doesn't matter if it is not reliable), the government wouldn't need to subsidize and mandate it.

grid scale batteries

Yeah, we know there's no pollution involved in lead (or lithium) mining. LOL!
So, if oil, gas and coal are better and cheaper why does the government need to subsidise it?
where are the alternative sources that matter?

LOL. Waste trillions converting to non-polluting technology that is not only better but provides cheaper electricity. That is being done right now in those ultra-liberal states of Texas and Oklahoma. The technologies in solar, wind, and grid scale batteries are going to create a more robust grid with cheaper power for all in the near future.

:bsflag::bs1:

You never cease to amaze me how you can say this bull shit knowing that batteries are decades away from being able to do this.

at just 14 -20 % increses it will take 50-100 years to obtain batteries that could store enough energy to balance the gird and the battery farms would be massive all over the place on earth..

You really are a moron..

source
Billy_Bob,
Excuse me for butting in, but you are all wrong about batteries All that would be needed for any battery is to scale it up. The same is true for capacitors and using them to store electricty for either night time or low wind or low sun days. Coal or oil should only be used as a last resort. Nuclear energy should never be used.
so dude, why isn't it a done deal. Let's have it!!! Tell all of those college kids who are working on ways to improve the life of a battery's charge!! Where's that at?

Waste trillions converting to non-polluting technology that is not only better but provides cheaper electricity.

That's hilarious!!!
If it was better and cheaper (doesn't matter if it is not reliable), the government wouldn't need to subsidize and mandate it.

grid scale batteries

Yeah, we know there's no pollution involved in lead (or lithium) mining. LOL!
So, if oil, gas and coal are better and cheaper why does the government need to subsidise it?

By all means, spell out the imaginary subsidies you think they get.
Todsterpatriot,
You bring up subsidies. I have some graphs for them as well. Though I only include the second one because it mentions Exxon.

View attachment 34443 View attachment 34442
Todsterpatriot,
You bring up subsidies.

Actually, I was mocking the liberal idiot that brought them up.

Where do you come up with these useless, horribly inaccurate charts?
They're ridicuolous.
Mocking?
Saying "no it isn't" over and over again is hardly mocking.
Mocking pre-supposes some cleverness - you are way too unqualified for mocking.

In your own mind I bet you win every argument you get into because the other party always gives up.
The truth is that's because beating your head against an idiot only feels good when you stop.
he beats you fool!!!!

By all means, spell out the imaginary subsidies you think they get.
Todsterpatriot,
You bring up subsidies. I have some graphs for them as well. Though I only include the second one because it mentions Exxon.

View attachment 34443 View attachment 34442
Todsterpatriot,
You bring up subsidies.

Actually, I was mocking the liberal idiot that brought them up.

Where do you come up with these useless, horribly inaccurate charts?
They're ridicuolous.
Mocking?
Saying "no it isn't" over and over again is hardly mocking.
Mocking pre-supposes some cleverness - you are way too unqualified for mocking.

In your own mind I bet you win every argument you get into because the other party always gives up.
The truth is that's because beating your head against an idiot only feels good when you stop.

Tell me again how selling oil at $20 instead of $100 is a subsidy for oil.
too, too funny!!!!!!

Billy, stop lying. It's always been and still is global warming. Except when Bush tried to change it to "climate change", because he wanted to divert away from the fact of the warming.
when has it warmed in the last 18 1/2 years? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Billy, stop lying. It's always been and still is global warming. Except when Bush tried to change it to "climate change", because he wanted to divert away from the fact of the warming.
:gay:
What warming? F'ing Moron... You lie so much..
2014 on track to be hottest year on record says US science agency Environment The Guardian
LOL..you know that info is all manufactured garbage right? Oh, I forgot, you're gullible!!!!

Billy, you're just yanking crazy nonsense out of your ass now.

It's all you can do, because you're a cult moron.

That would account for all the laughter directed at you.
I love it when this is all you got!!!! What a f00l

All the dumbasses who think humans cause it, accept this challenge. When you exhale you emit CO2. My challenge to you is if you think human CO2 production is causing global warming, prove you believe it by no longer breathing. That will tell me you truly believe what you say.

All the dumbasses who think humans cause it, accept this challenge. When you exhale you emit CO2. My challenge to you is if you think human CO2 production is causing global warming, prove you believe it by no longer breathing. That will tell me you truly believe what you say.
Brilliant riposte!!!
The climate change deniers have clearly got the science wrapped up!

Brilliant riposte!!!
The climate change deniers have clearly got the science wrapped up!

The climate hoax believers say what is causing global warming but won't prove they believe it by setting the example. There's enough of those SOBs that if they all did it, whether or not it would help what they say is happening isn't important. That they would no longer be around to spread their nonsense is.

Check it out, another genocide-pushing denier, announcing how he wants all his political opponents dead.

I wish I could say it was a surprise, but the bloodthirsty nature of the denier side shouldn't surprise anyone, given how often they put it on display.

Check it out, another genocide-pushing denier, announcing how he wants all his political opponents dead.

I wish I could say it was a surprise, but the bloodthirsty nature of the denier side shouldn't surprise anyone, given how often they put it on display.

You guys truly are stupid...a suggestion that you voluntarily hold your breath indefinitely is not pushing genocide....take a look at the quote any crick in my sig line if you want to see a true genocide pushing denier. No voluntary breath holding there...just off the skeptics to clear the path to nirvana on earth.

No I'm not...YOU are!
Then provide the experiment that shows that 120 PPM of CO2 affects temperature. Then You are no longer a fool, until then, baby it's cold outside!!!!!

BTW, I didn't know you were manmoth, if you're not, then you also can't avoid the stupid stick. wow!!!!!:badgrin:

Last edited:

dude/dudette, stop getting hit with that stupid stick. Doesn't that hurt? You need to learn what offing someone actually means. So until then stay away from the stupid sticks, you're getting hit way too frequently.

No I'm not...YOU are!
Then provide the experiment that shows that 120 PPM of CO2 affects temperature. Then You are no longer a fool, until then, baby it's cold outside!!!!!

No I'm not...YOU are!

Sorry guy, that one was busted a long time ago...hundreds of times the amount of CO2 that is found in the atmosphere.

No I'm not...YOU are!

BTW, I didn't know you were manmoth, if you're not, then you also can't avoid the stupid stick. wow!!!!!:badgrin:

No I'm not...YOU are!

Sorry guy, that one was busted a long time ago...hundreds of times the amount of CO2 that is found in the atmosphere.

Why would you suddenly start believing evidence?
You've shown no interest in it up 'til now.

Forum List

Back