Huggies' owner Kimberly-Clark to slash 5,000 jobs, close 10 factories

I believe it is good for the environment to go to cloth diapers, less disposables in the landfills.
I heard a lot of this when my kids were in diapers in the early '90's.

As a mother of seven I can attest cloth diapers are a pain in the ass

For parents and babies, too.
cloth diapers are a pain in the ass
When the safety pin opens?

Everything about them, dirty ones smell, constant washing if you don't use a service...easier to change it, wrap the old one and toss it

2000px-MAGA.svg.png

We adopt...what is exactly you do to help the unwanted? I mean besides killing the little bastards?l

Good for you - I admire that. Sadly there aren't enough parents with the wherewithal to adopt 7 unwanted kids .. so more of them end up in jail or dead.

What do I do? Well, I was a big brother for the better part of a decade, contribute mightily to programs that help troubled and at risk kids, and to this day donate my time at the soup kitchen and the YMCA.

Did you not see what I put in bold?
Again-
Chief Financial Officer Maria Henry said on a conference call that savings from the recent federal tax cut would help fund the cost reductions. It "provides us the flexibility" to do so, she said.

And, from another article about it, a tidbit you won’t like-

U.S.-based employers announced 32,423 job cuts in the last month of 2017, bringing the year-end total to 418,770, the lowest annual total since 1990, when 316,047 cuts were recorded, according to a report Tuesday from Chicago-based outplacement firm Challenger, Gray and Christmas. Employers announced 20.5 percent fewer cuts than the previous year, when 526,915 cuts were announced.
Kimberly-Clark to cut 5,000 jobs on sluggish sales partly due to fewer babies | Retail | Dallas News

<snip><unsnip>The company has been struggling. The tax cuts are helping save it.
`
The article you mentioned said NOTHING about tax cuts. Do you think you can post the link that says that?

`
"Kimberly-Clark, the maker of Huggies diapers and Kleenex tissues, announced Tuesday it will cut about 13 percent of its workforce globally, or at least 5,000 jobs, in a bid to reduce costs as sales wane.The company plans to shutter or sell 10 of its 91 production factories worldwide. In all, it is anticipating more than $2 billion in cost cuts by 2021. About $1.5 billion will come from reducing costs within its business. An added $500 million to $550 million will come from the efforts to streamline its manufacturing supply chain and overhead."- Source
`
`

Cynically, this must be part of trumps plan for America. Considering all the jobs he supposedly saved at Carrier are now gone, it makes sense to assume this will be happening to all industries, under the trump regime. All labor intensive companies will experience the same thing. Loss of jobs.

Only the stupidest people find this post "funny".

We adopt...what is exactly you do to help the unwanted? I mean besides killing the little bastards?l

Good for you - I admire that. Sadly there aren't enough parents with the wherewithal to adopt 7 unwanted kids .. so more of them end up in jail or dead.

What do I do? Well, I was a big brother for the better part of a decade, contribute mightily to programs that help troubled and at risk kids, and to this day donate my time at the soup kitchen and the YMCA.

We only adopted three...but good on you for donating your time

`
"Kimberly-Clark, the maker of Huggies diapers and Kleenex tissues, announced Tuesday it will cut about 13 percent of its workforce globally, or at least 5,000 jobs, in a bid to reduce costs as sales wane.The company plans to shutter or sell 10 of its 91 production factories worldwide. In all, it is anticipating more than $2 billion in cost cuts by 2021. About $1.5 billion will come from reducing costs within its business. An added $500 million to $550 million will come from the efforts to streamline its manufacturing supply chain and overhead."- Source
`
`

Cynically, this must be part of trumps plan for America. Considering all the jobs he supposedly saved at Carrier are now gone, it makes sense to assume this will be happening to all industries, under the trump regime. All labor intensive companies will experience the same thing. Loss of jobs.

Only the stupidest people find this post "funny".

We find you funny.

Well I see my post didn't derail the OP from going full steam ahead.
Let me try one more time:

Like other consumer products makers, notably Procter & Gamble (PG, -3.41%), Kimberly-Clark is dealing with a price war in key categories and weak demand for some products such as diapers amid a declining birth rate. P&G among others has also been slashing prices on key items such as diapers.

Kleenex and Huggies Maker to Cut More Than 5,000 Jobs
Why is there a declining birth rate. My conservative children said they want any where from 3 to 6 kids each, that is 9 to 18 kids, so my Social Security is paid for. Shame liberals hate babies and execute them the way they do. But it is good for the rest of US as 33,000 future democrat party voters are executed a month, thus preventing the future Democrat party from ever obtaining the majority or president again. Also alas, huggies has to downsize also.........

Why is there a declining birth rate. My conservative children said they want any where from 3 to 6 kids each, that is 9 to 18 kids, so my Social Security is paid for. Shame liberals hate babies and execute them the way they do. But it is good for the rest of US as 33,000 future democrat party voters are executed a month, thus preventing the future Democrat party from ever obtaining the majority or president again. Also alas, huggies has to downsize also.........

If I was your conservative kid and you told me you were moving in, I'd move out. :)

Again-

Chief Financial Officer Maria Henry said on a conference call that savings from the recent federal tax cut would help fund the cost reductions. It "provides us the flexibility" to do so, she said.

`
Excuse me but nothing in that mess you posted said anything about "tax cuts." Could you perhaps point that out to me?

`
Excuse me but nothing in that mess you posted said anything about "tax cuts." Could you perhaps point that out to me?
Again-

Did you see it that time?
Maybe thats why you made such a dumb thread.. you cant read?

I believe it is good for the environment to go to cloth diapers, less disposables in the landfills.
Cloth diapers cause rashes, keeping wetness against their bodies.
I have used cloth for over 3 years. Not one rash, save once when the kid had diarrhea for two days. No "blow-outs" either. Maybe it has more to do with changing the diaper in a timely fashion than the diaper... Just hypothesizing....

Well I see my post didn't derail the OP from going full steam ahead.
Let me try one more time:

Like other consumer products makers, notably Procter & Gamble (PG, -3.41%), Kimberly-Clark is dealing with a price war in key categories and weak demand for some products such as diapers amid a declining birth rate. P&G among others has also been slashing prices on key items such as diapers.

Kleenex and Huggies Maker to Cut More Than 5,000 Jobs

Liberals do have fewer kids, it's the best thing about them.

You are fortunate none of your kids have sensitive skin.
Cloth diapers cause rashes, keeping wetness against their bodies.
I have used cloth for over 3 years. Not one rash, save once when the kid had diarrhea for two days. No "blow-outs" either. Maybe it has more to do with changing the diaper in a timely fashion than the diaper... Just hypothesizing....

`
Again-

Did you see it that time?
Maybe thats why you made such a dumb thread.. you cant read?

She also somehow missed my two posts that explain the cutbacks are due to a falling birthrate.

Forum List

Back