Huggies' owner Kimberly-Clark to slash 5,000 jobs, close 10 factories

• Kimberly-Clark to cut 5,000 jobs, or about 13 percent of its workforce globally.
  • The company will shutter or sell 10 of its 91 production factories worldwide.

Did some of you miss that??? This move has little to do with Trump and all about business well beyond his scope of control.

Maybe it's China's fault for having limited couples to one child for so many years....:dunno:

Democrats do not know what the words "globally" or "worldwide" mean. They think it has something to do with obama worship.

`
"Kimberly-Clark, the maker of Huggies diapers and Kleenex tissues, announced Tuesday it will cut about 13 percent of its workforce globally, or at least 5,000 jobs, in a bid to reduce costs as sales wane.The company plans to shutter or sell 10 of its 91 production factories worldwide. In all, it is anticipating more than $2 billion in cost cuts by 2021. About $1.5 billion will come from reducing costs within its business. An added $500 million to $550 million will come from the efforts to streamline its manufacturing supply chain and overhead."- Source
`
`

Cynically, this must be part of trumps plan for America. Considering all the jobs he supposedly saved at Carrier are now gone, it makes sense to assume this will be happening to all industries, under the trump regime. All labor intensive companies will experience the same thing. Loss of jobs.

Meanwhile

National Unemployment Rate at 4.1 Percent through December 2017. Approximately 148,000 jobs were created in December 2017, and the national unemployment rate remained unchanged at 4.1 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. ...Unemployment figures for January 2018 will be released on Friday, February 2, 2018 ...
National Employment Monthly Update - National Conference of ...
www.ncsl.org › labor-and-employment

Feedback

Really? They have been losing market share for years. They are cutting jobs and production facilities worldwide, and you think this is trumps fault? Me thinks you need to think about these issues before you post.
`
This is my Original Post;
Cynically, this must be part of trumps plan for America. Considering all the jobs he supposedly saved at Carrier are now gone, it makes sense to assume this will be happening to all industries, under the trump regime. All labor intensive companies will experience the same thing. Loss of jobs.

Please point put where I blamed trump. Thanks.

Cynically, this must be part of trumps plan for America. Considering all the jobs he supposedly saved at Carrier are now gone, it makes sense to assume this will be happening to all industries, under the trump regime.

National Unemployment Rate at 4.1 Percent through December 2017. Approximately 148,000 jobs were created in December 2017, and the national unemployment rate remained unchanged at 4.1 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. ...Unemployment figures for January 2018 will be released on Friday, February 2, 2018 ...National Employment Monthly Update - National Conference of ...www.ncsl.org › labor-and-employmentFeedback[

`
That's nice but what does that have to do with the topic??

[QUOTE="westwall, post: 19131397, member: 23239"Cynically, this must be part of trumps plan for America. Considering all the jobs he supposedly saved at Carrier are now gone, it makes sense to assume this will be happening to all industries, under the trump regime.[/QUOTE]
`
Excuse me but that was both a sarcastic and rhetorical remark...NOT an accusation. Know the difference. I'll explain. A lot of trump posters here pounce on any upturn in the economy as something trump caused or is responsible for. Conversely, when layoffs and terminations occur, its someone elses fault, not trumps. Get it?

National Unemployment Rate at 4.1 Percent through December 2017. Approximately 148,000 jobs were created in December 2017, and the national unemployment rate remained unchanged at 4.1 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. ...Unemployment figures for January 2018 will be released on Friday, February 2, 2018 ...National Employment Monthly Update - National Conference of ...www.ncsl.org › labor-and-employmentFeedback[
`
That's nice but what does that have to do with the topic??

Everything.....but you knew that already

[QUOTE="westwall, post: 19131397, member: 23239"Cynically, this must be part of trumps plan for America. Considering all the jobs he supposedly saved at Carrier are now gone, it makes sense to assume this will be happening to all industries, under the trump regime.
`
Excuse me but that was both a sarcastic and rhetorical remark...NOT an accusation. Know the difference. I'll explain. A lot of trump posters here pounce on any upturn in the economy as something trump caused or is responsible for. Conversely, when layoffs and terminations occur, its someone elses fault, not trumps. Get it?[/QUOTE]

Why would it be trumps ?

Did he put mass regulations on diapers?

Did Trump try to prevent Boeing from building a factory in South Carolina?

[QUOTE="westwall, post: 19131397, member: 23239"Cynically, this must be part of trumps plan for America. Considering all the jobs he supposedly saved at Carrier are now gone, it makes sense to assume this will be happening to all industries, under the trump regime.
`
Excuse me but that was both a sarcastic and rhetorical remark...NOT an accusation. Know the difference. I'll explain. A lot of trump posters here pounce on any upturn in the economy as something trump caused or is responsible for. Conversely, when layoffs and terminations occur, its someone elses fault, not trumps. Get it?[/QUOTE]

Ok, But you need to realize that absent voice cues, all we have are the words you write. If you wish the sarcasm to come through, you have to word it more carefully in light of the fact that we can't hear tone, cadence, sighs, etc. All auditory clues that help identify sarcasm.

`

Same with the Democrats continuing arguments for Obama.......when good things happened, Obama was/is praised and when it was bad it was all Bush's fault.

Chief Financial Officer Maria Henry said on a conference call that savings from the recent federal tax cut would help fund the cost reductions. It "provides us the flexibility" to do so, she said.
====

trump's great tax cut for millionaires and corporations will "help fund" the plant closing and layoffs. Go trump!

Maybe Kimberly-Clark will change its mind if trump promises to switch from wearing Depends to wearing Huggies diapers.

Last edited:
Ok, But you need to realize that absent voice cues, all we have are the words you write. If you wish the sarcasm to come through, you have to word it more carefully in light of the fact that we can't hear tone, cadence, sighs, etc. All auditory clues that help identify sarcasm.
`
You make a good point I hope to rectify. A lot of my sarcasm is dry or deadpan humor and when blended in with a rhetorical question or statement, it becomes easy enough to overlook or confuse for something else. I'll have to correct that.

Sometimes businesses lose market share due to mismanagement and are forced to downsize.

To blame a company's internal problems on Pres, Trump is dishonest and idiotic. ..... :cuckoo:
Amazing how the liberals cheer whenever an American worker loses his job. And these pack of idiots want to run the country?

Chief Financial Officer Maria Henry said on a conference call that savings from the recent federal tax cut would help fund the cost reductions. It "provides us the flexibility" to do so, she said.
====

trump's great tax cut for millionaires and corporations will "help fund" the plant closing and layoffs. Go trump!

Maybe Kimberly-Clark will change its mind if trump promises to switch from wearing Depends to wearing Huggies diapers.

trump's great tax cut for millionaires and corporations will "help fund" the plant closing and layoffs.

I read that to mean will reduce the plant closing and layoffs.

Sometimes businesses lose market share due to mismanagement and are forced to downsize.

To blame a company's internal problems on Pres, Trump is dishonest and idiotic. ..... :cuckoo:
Amazing how the liberals cheer whenever an American worker loses his job. And these pack of idiots want to run the country?
What This Country Needs Is an Ambidextrous Guillotine

And Conservatives cheer anytime an H-1B job-thief is recruited. America has lost its way because both the Left and the Right are detours. Only sheep need Good Shepherds from the bipartisan elitist clique.

`
"Kimberly-Clark, the maker of Huggies diapers and Kleenex tissues, announced Tuesday it will cut about 13 percent of its workforce globally, or at least 5,000 jobs, in a bid to reduce costs as sales wane.The company plans to shutter or sell 10 of its 91 production factories worldwide. In all, it is anticipating more than $2 billion in cost cuts by 2021. About $1.5 billion will come from reducing costs within its business. An added $500 million to $550 million will come from the efforts to streamline its manufacturing supply chain and overhead."- Source
`
`

So why do we care someone in Indonesia got layed off?

`
`
`

do you know what the word globally means?
how about the phrase " as sales wane"

Do you think she should keep every single person employed if the company isn't making enough to warrant paying them?

Maybe she should just keep everyone on board and hell even hire more people until the company goes tits up and everyone loses their job

Your sentence should have said: "This pack of idiots..."

It would be wise to edit your message before calling other people idiots. Otherwise you show yourself to be the only real idiot in the equation.

Ha, you are a know-it-all regarding everyone’s children, I see.
You are fortunate none of your kids have sensitive skin.
I believe it is good for the environment to go to cloth diapers, less disposables in the landfills.
I heard a lot of this when my kids were in diapers in the early '90's.
Cloth diapers cause rashes, keeping wetness against their bodies.
I have used cloth for over 3 years. Not one rash, save once when the kid had diarrhea for two days. No "blow-outs" either. Maybe it has more to do with changing the diaper in a timely fashion than the diaper... Just hypothesizing....
Ha, Don't have sensitive skin. You are ill informed my friend.
Nope, just mine.

huggies_gettyimages-52703113.jpg

Kimberly-Clark — maker of brands such as Kleenex, Scott and Huggies — said the savings it receives from the new tax-cut law will help them pay for a restructuring program that includes layoffs.

The company said the restructuring initiative, which the company was planning to undertake regardless of the tax law's passage, will involve reducing its number of employees by about 5,000 to 5,500 people, or 12 to 13 percent of its workforce. Kimberly-Clark also said it plans to close or sell about 10 manufacturing facilities.
The company said it expects to spend about $1.5 billion to $1.7 billion by the end of 2020 to implement the restructuring program.
Kimberly-Clark to use savings from tax cuts to pay for layoffs

:lmao::itsok: MAGA!.......................I'n for this, I wish I voted for the Great Douche!
To be or Winning Team...

gnhrjae5owiz.jpg

THANK YOU , GREAT DOUCHE...MAGA is working!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back