Huggies' owner Kimberly-Clark to slash 5,000 jobs, close 10 factories

Windparadox

Gold Member
May 3, 2017
Northern WI.
`
"Kimberly-Clark, the maker of Huggies diapers and Kleenex tissues, announced Tuesday it will cut about 13 percent of its workforce globally, or at least 5,000 jobs, in a bid to reduce costs as sales wane.The company plans to shutter or sell 10 of its 91 production factories worldwide. In all, it is anticipating more than $2 billion in cost cuts by 2021. About $1.5 billion will come from reducing costs within its business. An added $500 million to $550 million will come from the efforts to streamline its manufacturing supply chain and overhead."- Source
`
`

Cynically, this must be part of trumps plan for America. Considering all the jobs he supposedly saved at Carrier are now gone, it makes sense to assume this will be happening to all industries, under the trump regime. All labor intensive companies will experience the same thing. Loss of jobs.

Many of P&G's problems are self inflicted by Lafley. He turned it around in 2000 but is struggling in his return

`
"Kimberly-Clark, the maker of Huggies diapers and Kleenex tissues, announced Tuesday it will cut about 13 percent of its workforce globally, or at least 5,000 jobs, in a bid to reduce costs as sales wane.The company plans to shutter or sell 10 of its 91 production factories worldwide. In all, it is anticipating more than $2 billion in cost cuts by 2021. About $1.5 billion will come from reducing costs within its business. An added $500 million to $550 million will come from the efforts to streamline its manufacturing supply chain and overhead."- Source
`
`

Cynically, this must be part of trumps plan for America. Considering all the jobs he supposedly saved at Carrier are now gone, it makes sense to assume this will be happening to all industries, under the trump regime. All labor intensive companies will experience the same thing. Loss of jobs.
Well, if Planned Parenthood was closed, those 300,000 born and unborn babies would need diapers. But alas, those future democrat voters wont get a chance at life, and Huggies will have to cut its labor force.. Liberals hate everyone, even babies(who are punishment to women, Obama said it not me).

Dallas-based Kimberly-Clark said it plans to shed $500 million to $550 million in costs before 2022 through a restructuring plan that involves "streamlining and simplifying its manufacturing supply chain and overhead."

Chief Financial Officer Maria Henry said on a conference call that savings from the recent federal tax cut would help fund the cost reductions. It "provides us the flexibility" to do so, she said.

The job cuts represent about 12% to 13% of the company's workforce. The company said it would expand production at "several" other sites.
Kleenex, Huggies maker to cut up to 5,500 jobs, close 10 plants

The company has been struggling. The tax cuts are helping save it.

Sometimes businesses lose market share due to mismanagement and are forced to downsize.

To blame a company's internal problems on Pres, Trump is dishonest and idiotic. ..... :cuckoo:

`
`
`

Considering their existence came about to cash in on the already established Pampers market, eh. :dunno:

They lost a plant in venezuela. Got fined millions of dollars in columbia. Declining birthrate. Declining revenue for years.
Whats real sad is, it doesnt surprise me some idiot could find some way to blame our president..

`
`
`

All those liberals going to cloth diapers costing American jobs....

I believe it is good for the environment to go to cloth diapers, less disposables in the landfills.
I heard a lot of this when my kids were in diapers in the early '90's.

• Kimberly-Clark to cut 5,000 jobs, or about 13 percent of its workforce globally.
  • The company will shutter or sell 10 of its 91 production factories worldwide.

Did some of you miss that??? This move has little to do with Trump and all about business well beyond his scope of control.

Maybe it's China's fault for having limited couples to one child for so many years....:dunno:

I believe it is good for the environment to go to cloth diapers, less disposables in the landfills.
I heard a lot of this when my kids were in diapers in the early '90's.

As a mother of seven I can attest cloth diapers are a pain in the ass

New Topics

Forum List

Back