Huckabee the GOP Frontrunner?!?!

So it would seem.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination

Three polls, with Huck either leading or tied for first, even though he doesn't exceed 16% in any given poll

[MENTION=2926]Toro[/MENTION]

Because you said it would never happen.

I did?

Where?

I think I said he was polling zero.

FFS, Trump was second for awhile, so it's not surprising 1/6th of Republican voters would support him.

He was at that level when he ran in 08.

Huckabee the GOP Frontrunner?!?!

So it would seem. .

Christ now that is depressing.....
The republicans will not win again if they keep picking from the same group of losers.
Same names every four year with the same results.

Jindal is a joke in Louisiana. Hell, he ran for mayor of my little town of Kenner, and lost, before running for governor. He does not understand the political process in LA, which is based on corruption and cronyism. He got himself elected because he is so pliable that he is easy for the real powers down there to control. Every now and then, he goes off the reservation, and they have to reel him in. Jindal is the only one who really believes that he is running the governor's office. He thinks that he represents the American success story of an immigrant family that made good. Speaking of which, during his mayorial campaign, he had his wife and children standing out in the rain waving signs at passing cars, for hours. You could tell that the kids were miserable. I lost repect for him the first time I saw him.

Last edited:
Jihndal would be more interesting than Mikey.

Rubio?

Jin is a solid gov, a proven leader with a good track record.

There's just something off about Rubio, I don't know what it is, but I just don't think he's a leader.

He's a young, first time Senator from a major metropolitan area riding at least a little bit on ethnicity...

:eusa_think: Fuck me, but that sounds familiar...

Yea, freshmen Sens should never be a real consideration for top leadership positions.

they just don't have the know how.

he's a likable man, kind, considerate, gentleman

but

he's a religious nut

we don't need that

You mean as opposed to the guy who thought he was wearing magic underwear and was going to be a God on his own planet in the afterlife?

that was brought up by leftist to disparage Mitt when they ran out of real material. he never went on and on about god

Mike does. I watched his show a few times, he's a bible thumper

Yes, he is.

The only reason why Romney didn't go on about his crazy religion was because he didn't want to discuss how crazy it actually is. Mormons really think they are wearing magic underwear and they really think that they are going to rule planets in the afterlife and they believe a lot of other crazy shit.

Not that I have any use for bible thumpers, but at least I want them to be upfront about their crazy beliefs.

Jindal is a joke in Louisiana. Hell, he ran for mayor of my little town of Kenner, and lost, before running for governor. He does not understand the political process in LA, which is based on corruption and cronyism. He got himself elected because he is so pliable that he is easy for the real powers down there to control. Every now and then, he goes off the reservation, and they have to reel him in. Jindal is the only one who really believes that he is running the governor's office. He thinks that he represents the American success story of an immigrant family that made good. Speaking of which, during his mayorial campaign, he had his wife and children standing out in the rain waving signs at passing cars, for hours. You could tell that the kids were miserable. I lost repect for him the first time I saw him.

Piyush only has any traction because Republicans can trot him out and say, "We aren't racist."

But he's term limited with nowhere to go and David Diaper Vitter doesn't like him, and he's the strong man in LA Politics, from what I have read. (Please correct me if I am reading this wrong as an outsider.)

I wouldn't.

If Huckabee had been the nominee in 2008, he'd have beaten Obama, IMHO.

no. he starts doing the wing nut radical religious right thing.

80% of the country is Christian.

Even Obama has to pretend he believes in Jesus.

again, while Republicans suck at promoting the Religious Right Agenda, they never go wrong sucking up to it.

As Reagan and Bush-43 can attest.

If republicans nominate a social conservative in 2016, they’ll lose.

Americans are in no mood for hostile rhetoric toward women and gay Americans.

no. he starts doing the wing nut radical religious right thing.

again, while Republicans suck at promoting the Religious Right Agenda, they never go wrong sucking up to it.

True.

But Huckabee's talent is that he sells the social conservatism without sounding hostile. Much like Reagan.

I do think he has problems, such as his use of clemency in Arkansas.

Also, going back to Rove's theory of the "Beer Primary", that elections are decided by a small slice in the middle who vote on who they'd rather have a beer with, Huck easily wins the Beer Primary over Hillary.

True.

But Huckabee's talent is that he sells the social conservatism without sounding hostile. Much like Reagan.

Also, going back to Rove's theory of the "Beer Primary", that elections are decided by a small slice in the middle who vote on who they'd rather have a beer with, Huck easily wins the Beer Primary over Hillary.

Reagan wasn't a social conservative. He made an alliance with the Religious Right.

Huckabee is the Religious Right.

True.

Reagan wasn't a social conservative. He made an alliance with the Religious Right.

Huckabee is the Religious Right.

I think that's a matter of interpretation. All Polticians are phonies, really.

So what happens when the religious right decides that it really doesn't need Wall Street to win elections, eh?

In fact, I think it's already happening. A lot of folks on the right are screeching about "Crony Capitalism".

True.

But Hucksbee probably does not drink!

Pretty bad if Huckabee is as good as they can get but what that graph really shows is the same Clown Car problem they had last time.

A lot of wannabes but not one viable candidate in the bunch.

Hillary is a scary person, on a personal basis. She reminds me of one of my wives, who was perpetually suffering from PMS. There were times that I would find a reason to stay away for a couple of days because she was kind of like a stick of dynamite on a short fuse.

Having said that, however, I should have voted for Hillary instead of Obama, who simply does not know exactly what a president does for a living. Hillary would have gotten things accomplished, and with Bill's help, could have put together a coalition of sorts, IF she hired folks to front for her when dealing with the opposition. On a person to person basis, Hillary can really piss people off. But, she is as smart, and determined.

I've seen different polling but it seems like Paul Ryan is in the lead in most of them.

Forum List

Back