Huckabee Opposes Insurance for Those With Pre-existing Conditions

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Huckabee Opposes Insurance For People With Pre-Existing Conditions (AUDIO) | TPMDC

When Republicans attack health care reform, Democrats like to counter by accusing Republicans of wanting to repeal a law that requires insurance companies to cover people with pre-existing conditions. According to Republican Presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee, that's exactly right. People with pre-existing conditions, he explains are like houses that have already burned down.

"It sounds so good, and it's such a warm message to say we're not gonna deny anyone from a preexisting condition," Huckabee explained at the Value Voters Summit today. "Look, I think that sounds terrific, but I want to ask you something from a common sense perspective. Suppose we applied that principle [to] our property insurance. And you can call your insurance agent and say, "I'd like to buy some insurance for my house." He'd say, "Tell me about your house." "Well sir, it burned down yesterday, but I'd like to insure it today." And he'll say "I'm sorry, but we can't insure it after it's already burned." Well, no preexisting conditions."
<more>

I oppose it too because that means healthy people like me have to pay higher premiums to cover the costs of these other people.

It should be the insurance company's decision, not the government's.

I oppose it too because that means healthy people like me have to pay higher premiums to cover the costs of these other people.

Yea, I posted to this and my post was dropped.

Idiots.

Huckabee is supposed to be some kind of "holy man". And he lies? What kind of "holy man" is that?

Why don't you guys "DEFINE" Pre-existing condition?

Try, "allergy", or "cesarean section", or "mammogram within the last six months", or "removed appendix". All of those are "pre existing conditions". Fuckers.

How do you think insurance companies can pay a CEO 73 million dollars????? Duh!!!!

Do you think the CEO is the ONLY one paid like that? All the executives are paid like that. Maybe not quite that much, but extravagantly.

The ONLY way to get that kind of money is to drop policies of people who get sick. Of course, that was illegal, so insurance companies "DEFINED" pre existing conditions as just about anything. That made it legal.

Global Medical Gold Insurance, IMG administered, Sirius International underwritten Global Medical Gold Insurance for Worldwide Insurance coverage - Call 877-340-7910.

Pre-Existing Condition Definition - The following illnesses which exist, manifest themselves or are treated or have treatment recommended prior to or during the first 180 days of coverage from the initial effective date are considered pre-existing conditions: asthma, allergies, tonsillectomy, back conditions, adenoidectomy, hemorrhoids or hemorrhoidectomy, disorders of the reproductive system, hysterectomy, hernia, gall stones or kidney stones, any condition of the breast, and any condition of the prostate.

Fuckers - hernia and tonsillectomy are "pre existing conditions".

YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TO WAKE THE FUCK UP. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU????????

Yea, I posted to this and my post was dropped.

Idiots.

Huckabee is supposed to be some kind of "holy man". And he lies? What kind of "holy man" is that?

Why don't you guys "DEFINE" Pre-existing condition?

Try, "allergy", or "cesarean section", or "mammogram within the last six months", or "removed appendix". All of those are "pre existing conditions". Fuckers.

How do you think insurance companies can pay a CEO 73 million dollars????? Duh!!!!

Do you think the CEO is the ONLY one paid like that? All the executives are paid like that. Maybe not quite that much, but extravagantly.

The ONLY way to get that kind of money is to drop policies of people who get sick. Of course, that was illegal, so insurance companies "DEFINED" pre existing conditions as just about anything. That made it legal.

Global Medical Gold Insurance, IMG administered, Sirius International underwritten Global Medical Gold Insurance for Worldwide Insurance coverage - Call 877-340-7910.

Pre-Existing Condition Definition - The following illnesses which exist, manifest themselves or are treated or have treatment recommended prior to or during the first 180 days of coverage from the initial effective date are considered pre-existing conditions: asthma, allergies, tonsillectomy, back conditions, adenoidectomy, hemorrhoids or hemorrhoidectomy, disorders of the reproductive system, hysterectomy, hernia, gall stones or kidney stones, any condition of the breast, and any condition of the prostate.

Fuckers - hernia and tonsillectomy are "pre existing conditions".

YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TO WAKE THE FUCK UP. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU????????

Genetic disposition is pre-existing too. Just wait till they get to that. To get or keep insurance you will have to get your DNA analysed and if you have genetic markers, your history!

Last edited:
Huckabee Opposes Insurance For People With Pre-Existing Conditions (AUDIO) | TPMDC

When Republicans attack health care reform, Democrats like to counter by accusing Republicans of wanting to repeal a law that requires insurance companies to cover people with pre-existing conditions. According to Republican Presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee, that's exactly right. People with pre-existing conditions, he explains are like houses that have already burned down.

"It sounds so good, and it's such a warm message to say we're not gonna deny anyone from a preexisting condition," Huckabee explained at the Value Voters Summit today. "Look, I think that sounds terrific, but I want to ask you something from a common sense perspective. Suppose we applied that principle [to] our property insurance. And you can call your insurance agent and say, "I'd like to buy some insurance for my house." He'd say, "Tell me about your house." "Well sir, it burned down yesterday, but I'd like to insure it today." And he'll say "I'm sorry, but we can't insure it after it's already burned." Well, no preexisting conditions."
<more>

Is there something that doesn't make sense to you in this comment. Huck is right. But--since we are talking about the health of human's there has got to be another solution to it. In my STATE of Colorado there is a fund set up for people with pre-existing conditions that cannot obtain afforable insurance. Those of us who have insurance pay an additional $3.00 per month in our premiums so that people with pre-existing conditions are covered.

See IOW--the STATE can handle this issue much more efficiently than the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

<more>

Is there something that doesn't make sense to you in this comment. Huck is right. But--since we are talking about the health of human's there has got to be another solution to it. In my STATE of Colorado there is a fund set up for people with pre-existing conditions that cannot obtain afforable insurance. Those of us who have insurance pay an additional $3.00 per month in our premiums so that people with pre-existing conditions are covered.

See IOW--the STATE can handle this issue much more efficiently than the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

HUCK IS RIGHT? READ THIS:

How is getting your tonsils taken out a "pre-existing condition"!!!!! WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!

I could see it if if were cancer. Then we could be Huckabee's type of Christian and say, "Hurry up and die", but "tonsils" and "hernia"? What is wrong with right wingers????

July 2009:

Q7. WOULD YOU FAVOR OR OPPOSE A HEALTH CARE BILL THAT...?

3) REQUIRES HEALTH CARE INSURANCE COMPANIES TO OFFER COVERAGE TO ANYONE WHO APPLIES, EVEN IF THEY HAVE A PRE-EXISTING HEALTH CONDITION

ALL RESPONDENTS
===========
FAVOR 80%
OPPOSE 14%
NO ANSWER/DON'T KNOW 6%​

July 2009:

m_c_96o4le-olxnrct33sg.gif

(That's 86% finding it very or extremely important that people be able to get insurance regardless of job or medical situation.)

September 2009:

Buried on page 17 of the latest WSJ/NBC poll is an interesting table on priorities for the health-care overhaul. Respondents were given several live policy proposals and asked whether each should or shouldn’t be included in the final health care legislation.

Most popular by a mile: “Requiring that health insurance companies cover people with pre-existing medical conditions.” Sixty-three percent of respondents said that proposal “absolutely must” be included as part of any final legislation, and another 26% said they “would prefer” for it to be included.​

February 2010:

Now here are a few provisions that the U.S. House and Senate might consider. Please tell me whether you favor or oppose each one.

Preventing health insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions [favor/oppose/no opinion]

February 12-15, 2010 58% 42% 1%
November 13-15, 2009* 60% 40% 1%​

June 2010:
Picture+2.png

(Guaranteed issue--prohibiting pre-existing condition exclusions--is the relevant provision here.)

Some of you are a bit out of the mainstream.

It isn't going to be too much longer before we find out just how much this "free" insurance for all is going to cost us. Going to be lots of surprised folks in America. Ever hear of the old saying, "There ain't no free lunch."?

Huckabee is a Holy man now? He's a con artist and a liar.

He's right in this instance. But it doesn't matter. He doesnt make policy.

It isn't going to be too much longer before we find out just how much this "free" insurance for all is going to cost us. Going to be lots of surprised folks in America. Ever hear of the old saying, "There ain't no free lunch."?

There is going to come a time when there is no insurance to afford.

That's something you can thank Pelosi, Reid and Obama for.

pre-existing conditions is one of the main reason I support a single payer system. health care and traditional private companies running insurance don't mix. especially when you have asshole private companies blacklisting women who were raped with pre-existing conditions so they don't have to cover them. same with them blacklisting children who have been on there parents insurance since birth.

in ten years private insurance companies won't exist and the country will be much better off

<more>

How is getting your tonsils taken out a "pre-existing condition"!!!!! WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!

I could see it if if were cancer. Then we could be Huckabee's type of Christian and say, "Hurry up and die", but "tonsils" and "hernia"? What is wrong with right wingers????

Then buy insurance with someone else who has different language.

Or better yet, create your own insurance. One that you think is better and sell it to the people.

Stop with this government mandate crap.

Or better yet, create your own insurance. One that you think is better and sell it to the people.

all private companies look to make a profit and label anything they as pre-existing condition in order to not cover it. there is no room for profit in this space. private insurance companies need to die

all private companies look to make a profit and label anything they as pre-existing condition in order to not cover it. there is no room for profit in this space. private insurance companies need to die

So there is nothing between ripping people off outrageously and health care companies going under?

Forum List

Back