HRC Condemns Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant’s Statement of Support for LGBT Adoption Ban

Who in their right mind would let fags raise a kid? Nature is nature, you can't think it away.
Listen Weasel, Only an idiot wouldn't know that millions of kids have been and are being raised by gay people and they are doing very well. I would guess that they are doing a lot better than those being raised by ignorant bigots. Get the hell off of my thread unless you have something reasonable and intelligent to say.:banned03:
Patriot, I agree with you. I know of Lesbian Moms who are great parents to their son. Too bad people paint with a wide brush.
They may be but nature is still nature. Male/female parents is how the animal kingdom works. Kids need both, genders are different for a reason.
I've been all through that debunked horseshit with you before. You may go now.

Overview of Lesbian and Gay Parenting, Adoption and Foster Care

https://www.aclu.org/lgbt-rights_hiv-aids/overview-lesbian-and-gay-parenting-adoption-and-foster-care

As a result of the increased inclusiveness of modern adoption and foster care policies, thousands of children now have homes with qualified parents.

Myths vs. Facts

Myth: The only acceptable home for a child is one with a mother and father who are married to each other.

Fact: Children without homes do not have the option of choosing between a married mother and father or some other type of parent(s). These children have neither a mother nor a father, married or unmarried. There simply are not enough married mothers and fathers who are interested in adoption and foster care. Last year only 20,000 of the 100,000 foster children in need of adoption were adopted, including children adopted by single people as well as married couples. Our adoption and foster care policies must deal with reality, or these children will never have stable and loving homes.

Myth: Children need a mother and a father to have proper male and female role models.

Fact: Children without homes have neither a mother nor a father as role models. And children get their role models from many places besides their parents. These include grandparents, aunts and uncles, teachers, friends, and neighbors. In a case-by-case evaluation, trained professionals can ensure that the child to be adopted or placed in foster care is moving into an environment with adequate role models of all types.

Myth: Gays and lesbians don't have stable relationships and don't know how to be good parents.

Fact: Like other adults in this country, the majority of lesbians and gay men are in stable committed relationships.7 Of course some of these relationships have problems, as do some heterosexual relationships. The adoption and foster care screening process is very rigorous, including extensive home visits and interviews of prospective parents. It is designed to screen out those individuals who are not qualified to adopt or be foster parents, for whatever reason. All of the evidence shows that lesbians and gay men can and do make good parents. The American Psychological Association, in a recent report reviewing the research, observed that "not a single study has found children of gay or lesbian parents to be disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents," and concluded that "home environments provided by gay and lesbian parents are as likely as those provided by heterosexual parents to support and enable children's psychosocial growth."8 That is why the Child Welfare League of America, the nation's oldest children's advocacy organization, and the North American Council on Adoptable Children say that gays and lesbians seeking to adopt should be evaluated just like other adoptive applicants.

Myth: Children raised by gay or lesbian parents are more likely to grow up gay themselves.

Fact: All of the available evidence demonstrates that the sexual orientation of parents has no impact on the sexual orientation of their children and that children of lesbian and gay parents are no more likely than any other child to grow up to be gay.9 There is some evidence that children of gays and lesbians are more tolerant of diversity, but this is certainly not a disadvantage. Of course, some children of lesbians and gay men will grow up to be gay, as will some children of heterosexual parents. These children will have the added advantage of being raised by parents who are supportive and accepting in a world that can sometimes be hostile.

Myth: Children who are raised by lesbian or gay parents will be subjected to harassment and will be rejected by their peers.

Fact: Children make fun of other children for all kinds of reasons: for being too short or too tall, for being too thin or too fat, for being of a different race or religion or speaking a different language. Children show remarkable resiliency, especially if they are provided with a stable and loving home environment. Children in foster care can face tremendous abuse from their peers for being parentless. These children often internalize that abuse, and often feel unwanted. Unfortunately, they do not have the emotional support of a loving permanent family to help them through these difficult times.

Myth: Lesbians and gay men are more likely to molest children.

Fact: There is no connection between homosexuality and pedophilia. All of the legitimate scientific evidence shows that. Sexual orientation, whether heterosexual or homosexual, is an adult sexual attraction to others. Pedophilia, on the other hand, is an adult sexual attraction to children. Ninety percent of child abuse is committed by heterosexual men. In one study of 269 cases of child sexual abuse, only two offenders were gay or lesbian. Of the cases studied involving molestation of a boy by a man, 74 percent of the men were or had been in a heterosexual relationship with the boy's mother or another female relative. The study concluded that "a child's risk of being molested by his or her relative's heterosexual partner is over 100 times greater than by someone who might be identifiable as being homosexual, lesbian, or bisexual."10

Myth: Children raised by lesbians and gay men will be brought up in an "immoral" environment.

Fact: There are all kinds of disagreements in this country about what is moral and what is immoral. Some people may think raising children without religion is immoral, yet atheists are allowed to adopt and be foster parents. Some people think drinking and gambling are immoral, but these things don't disqualify someone from being evaluated as an adoptive or foster parent. If we eliminated all of the people who could possibly be considered "immoral," we would have almost no parents left to adopt and provide foster care. That can't be the right solution. What we can probably all agree on is that it is immoral to leave children without homes when there are qualified parents waiting to raise them. And that is what many gays and lesbians can do.

NOTES:

1See American Psychological Association

So, you hate gays so much that you're willing to offer up children as acceptable, collateral casualties by depriving them of the opportunity to have two legal parents ?

I don't hate queers at all, I hate mindless regressive tools of subversion like you.

If people in commiefornia want to marry their dogs or have multiple husbands/wives in a "family", stick their dicks in light sockets, and raise their kids to be circus clowns I don't care.

I also don't care if people in normal states want to mantain traditional cultural values. That gives bed wetters like you the freedom to live in the sort of collectivist asylum where you're free to worship the earth or deny it exists, smoke whatever you want, run around in loincloths eating bugs and twigs, and gratify yourselves with trees.

Just leave the rest of us the fuck alone.

Nope, Pete, you have no power on how the law is interpreted or enforced, but you will follow it.

So, you hate gays so much that you're willing to offer up children as acceptable, collateral casualties by depriving them of the opportunity to have two legal parents ?

I don't hate queers at all, I hate mindless regressive tools of subversion like you.

If people in commiefornia want to marry their dogs or have multiple husbands/wives in a "family", stick their dicks in light sockets, and raise their kids to be circus clowns I don't care.

I also don't care if people in normal states want to mantain traditional cultural values. That gives bed wetters like you the freedom to live in the sort of collectivist asylum where you're free to worship the earth or deny it exists, smoke whatever you want, run around in loincloths eating bugs and twigs, and gratify yourselves with trees.

Just leave the rest of us the fuck alone.

Take a deep breath and try to calmly explain why you think that it's OK for children to be denied the chance to have two legal parents because their parent or a potential parent is gay. Take your time

Who in their right mind would let fags raise a kid? Nature is nature, you can't think it away.
Listen Weasel, Only an idiot wouldn't know that millions of kids have been and are being raised by gay people and they are doing very well. I would guess that they are doing a lot better than those being raised by ignorant bigots. Get the hell off of my thread unless you have something reasonable and intelligent to say.:banned03:
Patriot, I agree with you. I know of Lesbian Moms who are great parents to their son. Too bad people paint with a wide brush.
They may be but nature is still nature. Male/female parents is how the animal kingdom works. Kids need both, genders are different for a reason.
Then you need to pass laws preventing ANYONE but M/F couples from adopting children. What have you ACTIVELY done to get such laws passed?

Why can't you stupid bed wetters leave people alone?

If the "backwards" (in your warped mind) people of a state don't want to give in to your regressive political pressure, then fuck off. They don't give a shit if you like licking your own shit of some queers pecker. Why you assholes insist that everyone else has to see things your way is beyond me.

BTW "progressive patriot" is the biggest oxymoron I've ever seen.

Imagine the horror of being a child up for adoption..........and in Mississippi........

Take a deep breath and try to calmly explain why you think that it's OK for children to be denied the chance to have two legal parents because their parent or a potential parent is gay. Take your time

Reading comprehension isn't your forte is it?

I said I don't give a shit either way. My kids aren't going to be raised by queers.

If the people of Mississippi believe that having queers adopt a child would harm the child, then so be it.

If the people of taxachusettes want villages of perverts raising flocks of children, it's not my business.

Can you explain your inability to allow people to have an opinion, tradition or culture different from the ones you're programmed to approve of?

Reading comprehension isn't your forte is it?

I said I don't give a shit either way. My kids aren't going to be raised by queers.

If the people of Mississippi believe that having queers adopt a child would harm the child, then so be it.

If the people of taxachusettes want villages of perverts raising flocks of children, it's not my business.

Can you explain your inability to allow people to have an opinion, tradition or culture different from the ones you're programmed to approve of?

My reading comprehension is just fine and what I comprehend is that you don’t give a shit about the plight of the children. You want to let the dumb ass people of Mississippi decide if gays can adopt and in doing so you continue to ignore the fact that children will be at a disadvantage as a result of that.

You criticize my reading comprehension but you don’t even seem to be able to grasp the issue at all.. Try to get your head around this. There are numerous children in the care of gay people but can only have one legal parent because second parent adoption is not available for same sex couples. There are many more in foster care who have no parents at all, leave alone legal parents.

You can have whatever moronic opinion that you want but you can’t allow the children to suffer. There is no credible body of evidence that shows that gays are in any way less adequate than straight people, and a good deal of evidence that shows that discrimination of any kind against gay parents hurts the children. I would share it with you but I’m not going to waste anymore of my time on someone who is too intellectually lazy and shallow to even try to grasp all of that. :banned03: :lame2::mm::mm::mm:

My reading comprehension is just fine and what I comprehend is that you don’t give a shit about the plight of the children. You want to let the dumb ass people of Mississippi decide if gays can adopt and in doing so you continue to ignore the fact that children will be at a disadvantage as a result of that.

You criticize my reading comprehension but you don’t even seem to be able to grasp the issue at all.. Try to get your head around this. There are numerous children in the care of gay people but can only have one legal parent because second parent adoption is not available for same sex couples. There are many more in foster care who have no parents at all, leave alone legal parents.

You can have whatever moronic opinion that you want but you can’t allow the children to suffer. There is no credible body of evidence that shows that gays are in any way less adequate than straight people, and a good deal of evidence that shows that discrimination of any kind against gay parents hurts the children. I would share it with you but I’m not going to waste anymore of my time on someone who is too intellectually lazy and shallow to even try to grasp all of that. :banned03: :lame2::mm::mm::mm:

I giggle at the idea that you give a shit about children when you also don't care if they're killed and sold like scrap.

Again, I have no idea why you parasites insist that every state in the nation submit to your beliefs and abandon their own. If you pinko turds want queers adopting kids in taxachusetes, then you're free to do that. If people in MS don't, then all the queers can stay in taxachusettes and warp the minds of all of your orphans.

Fuck your oppions. Fuck YOU. You're an oxygen thief.

181.gif

I giggle at the idea that you give a shit about children when you also don't care if they're killed and sold like scrap.

Again, I have no idea why you parasites insist that every state in the nation submit to your beliefs and abandon their own. If you pinko turds want queers adopting kids in taxachusetes, then you're free to do that. If people in MS don't, then all the queers can stay in taxachusettes and warp the minds of all of your orphans.

Fuck your oppions. Fuck YOU. You're an oxygen thief.

181.gif

It's apparent that you are not a reasonable or rational person who is interested in learning anything or having a meaningful dialogue . You can be sure the Mississippi is going to get smacked down on this just like they got smacked down on marriage so you might as well wipe the spit off your chin and take a chill pill

Supreme Court of Mexico Rules State’s Ban on Same-Sex Adoption Unconstitutional
August 12, 2015 by Ashley Fowler, Assistant, HRC Global

The Supreme Court of Mexico ruled on Tuesday that a 2013 law passed in the state of Campeche that forbids same-sex couples in civil unions from adopting is unconstitutional.

Article 19 of the Regulatory Law of Civil Societies of Coexistence of the state of Campeche was struck down in a 9-1 vote. The judges, with the exception of one, agreed that couples united under civil union law should be afforded the same constitutional rights as those united in marriage, including the right to adopt. Supreme Court of Mexico Rules State s Ban on Same-Sex Adoption Unconstitutional Human Rights Campaign

It's apparent that you are not a reasonable or rational person who is interested in learning anything or having a meaningful dialogue . You can be sure the Mississippi is going to get smacked down on this just like they got smacked down on marriage so you might as well wipe the spit off your chin and take a chill pill

There is nothing regarding politics that I could learn from a regressive bed wetter, I was a lib once myself, so I already know it's complete bullshit. There is no "discussing" things with a person who has no tolerance for other people's oppinions. I'm sure MS will be dragged into court because you malcontent sociopaths refuse to allow people to live under the laws written by the people they elect.

You can't be happy in your little collectivist asylums, you have to fling shit through the bars at the people outside. At some point the pendulum of oppinion is going to swing back to the right as hard as it did the left, and we'll pack the courts with sane adults that will undo libtard insanity.

There is nothing regarding politics that I could learn from a regressive bed wetter, I was a lib once myself, so I already know it's complete bullshit. There is no "discussing" things with a person who has no tolerance for other people's oppinions. I'm sure MS will be dragged into court because you malcontent sociopaths refuse to allow people to live under the laws written by the people they elect.

You can't be happy in your little collectivist asylums, you have to fling shit through the bars at the people outside. At some point the pendulum of oppinion is going to swing back to the right as hard as it did the left, and we'll pack the courts with sane adults that will undo libtard insanity.

Get over it. You are a selfish, narrow minded ass hat who thinks that everything revolves around you and others like you and that is it OK to deprive others of that which you take for granted.
parenting_large_2013.png

The number of LGBT-headed families continues to grow, as does our need to secure legal equality, fairness and respect for LGBT parents and to provide environments where all children are welcome, supported and loved. HRC provides current resources that address the many potential paths to parenthood as well as tools for issues facing LGBT-headed families or LGBT youth. Parenting Topics Human Rights Campaign

Neanderthal neocon lefties have the nerve to consider themselves progressive.
Kids need a mom and dad, not two of either. That is contemporary empirical data.
Homofascists and their supporters are dangerously out of touch and outdated.

Kids need a mom and dad, not two of either. That is contemporary empirical data.
And I suppose that you can back that up with some actual scientific data? We're out of touch and out dates.?? Are you fucking serious pal??

And I suppose that you can back that up with some actual scientific data? We're out of touch and out dates.?? Are you fucking serious pal??
You are way backwards. You and your stuck-in-the-60's ilk.
Every jurisdiction with a predominance of or majority of unstructured families (non-mom and dad) is in social demise. It's a post-1960's unique phenomenon. Homo adoption and single motherhood by choice exacerbate this problem. But lefties and homofascists are unaware, insulated from or in denial of this reality.
Do some research and change the channel.

You are way backwards. You and your stuck-in-the-60's ilk.
Every jurisdiction with a predominance of or majority of unstructured families (non-mom and dad) is in social demise. It's a post-1960's unique phenomenon. Homo adoption and single motherhood by choice exacerbate this problem. But lefties and homofascists are unaware, insulated from or in denial of this reality.
Do some research and change the channel.
What the fuck are you blathering about. Get focused . Try explaining yourself with facts and data in a calm and rational way :link:

Forum List

Back