Best Wishes, Jimmy Carter

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
You're an idiot leftist in many ways, but pretty cool in private life.

Knowing that you will not now go down in history as the worst president ever must be a relief.

One of the greatest things about Carter is just how good he made Reagan look.

The only peace treaty signed in the middle east that has held, between Israel and Egypt, was brokered by Jimmy Carter. That is a crowning achievement that no other President can lay claim to.

There were far worse presidents than Carter, only, most Righties are just to uninformed to know it. Like Harding, Hoover, Fillmore and Buchanan, just to name four.

Much of what Carter did has been absolved by history

He balanced his budget (he should have used debt to his advantage)
He was able to negotiate peace between Egypt and Israel
He got the hostages home safely (the lack of a Rambo type response cost him a second term)

The only peace treaty signed in the middle east that has held, between Israel and Egypt, was brokered by Jimmy Carter. That is a crowning achievement that no other President can lay claim to.

Part of the reason it has held is because in spite of Obama's support for the Muslim Brotherhood, the Egyptians tossed them out and put the leaders on death row.

There were far worse presidents than Carter, only, most Righties are just to uninformed to know it. Like Harding, Hoover, Fillmore and Buchanan, just to name four.

Perhaps, but it was Barack Obama who saved Jimmy from the title.

Part of the reason it has held is because in spite of Obama's support for the Muslim Brotherhood, the Egyptians tossed them out and put the leaders on death row.

Perhaps, but it was Barack Obama who saved Jimmy from the title.

Uhm, no.

Of modern Presidents...only George W Bush is ranked lower than Carter

Quite a bit lower
Actually, Obozo has that honor....
85(3).jpg

You're an idiot leftist in many ways, but pretty cool in private life.

Knowing that you will not now go down in history as the worst president ever must be a relief.

Since you are using the tragedy of a former President dying of cancer as an excuse to demean Obama, I will go with it

At the time, Carters Presidency was a disaster. Rampant inflation, fall of the Shah of Iran, gas shortages, Iran hostage crisis In retrospect, there was not a lot a President could have done differently. While far from a "good" president, Carter is looked at better by history than he was when he left office

George W Bush was handed a crisis of epic proportions on 9-11. While his actions immediately after 9-11 were admirable, his actions in the war on terror were inept and inexcusable. His open use of torture was criminal. Add in his inaction during the worst economic collapse in 75 years and you have the worst post WWII President

Now, as much as the rightwing media tries to paint Obama as the worst President of all time, historians will rank him highly. Stopping the Bush Depression, Obamacare, Gay rights, killing bin laden, recognizing Cuba and a nuclear deal with Iran will ensure that ranking

None were killed

A military response like the conservatives were demanding would have resulted in many being killed

Jimminy claimed "no service members lost their lives during his administration" too.....I guess he forgot the helos that bounced in the Iran desert to rescue the hostages taken because of his weakness. FYI....REAGAN got the hostages released, not Carter. In fact they'd still be there if Reagan had never been elected.

None were killed

A military response like the conservatives were demanding would have resulted in many being killed

Jimminy claimed "no service members lost their lives during his administration" too.....I guess he forgot the helos that bounced in the Iran desert to rescue the hostages taken because of his weakness. FYI....REAGAN got the hostages released, not Carter. In fact they'd still be there if Reagan had never been elected.

What did Reagan do?

I'd like to hear

What did Reagan do?

I'd like to hear

You know as well as I do what Reagan did. As the president-elect he sent word to Tehran the hostages would either be immediately released or B-52s would be on their way to Tehran after his inauguration. The hostages were immediately released.

What did Reagan do?

I'd like to hear

You know as well as I do what Reagan did. As the president-elect he sent word to Tehran the hostages would either be immediately released or B-52s would be on their way to Tehran after his inauguration. The hostages were immediately released.

B-52s?

Damn boy.....you are in rightwing Reagan fantasy land

Forum List

Back