Hr 3962 passes!

We're about to be raped by a 2000-page gorilla...as soon as it clears the senate.

I hope Rahm Emmanuel uses lube.

Post_SmoothCriminals.jpg

Oh looky, this guy couldn't purchase health insurance, great policy libtards ! ......

....with only 1 Republican vote..:clap2:

And that lone Republican dissenter - Representative Anh Cao of Louisiana - has earned himself a coveted "iyiakri Sane Republican" award :cool:

Granted, there were some concessions made to get it past the house (notably the amendment that prohibits any insurance plan subsidized the government from offering abortion services), but hopefully, that can be added back in the final bill - and even if not, it was a concession worth making to pass the legislation (and private groups like Planned Parenthood can probably set up their own very low-cost "supplemental insurance plan" to cover it, and insurers could bundle that with subsidized plans).

Anyway - great news, and this is one of the last steps to accomplish one of the main things we elected them for. Now it's off to the Senate, and then one more round of sausage-trimming in both houses before landing on the President's desk :clap2:

Granted, there were some concessions made to get it past the house (notably the amendment that prohibits any insurance plan subsidized the government from offering abortion services)
Kiss the blue mutts buh-bye if that one gets stuffed back in there.

Of course, this POS is less than even money to survive a cloture vote in the Senate.

I don't have affordable quality health care now, nor will I in the future. Someone else might but not me. If we're going to spread wealth why not spread misery while we're at it.

Welcome to the perfect liberal world, california is bankrupt, the USA is bankrupt, we have lost all our heavy industry, now light industry is almost gone.

*LMAO*

Do you even take yourself seriously, or expect anybody else to? The United States is not "bankrupt" - we have a lower debt to GDP ratio than several other developed countries, including Japan. The loss of some of our heavy industry is mainly due to the free-trade and low tariffs - promoted most strongly by Republicans - that I also support.

We haven't lose all heavy industry either, for that matter - John Deer and Caterpillar are both world leaders in their industries, Boeing is essentially tied as the largest builder of airliners, and Ford just recorded a billion-dollar profit and grew their market share.

Lighter industry - including light-aircraft production, manufacture of furniture - especially commercial furniture by companies like Steelcase - and weapons systems of all kinds including aircraft, missiles, armored vehicles, tanks, etc - and commercial space-launch vehicles are all industries thriving in America.

You're not just a doomsayer, you're a stupid doomsayer.

The only thing left is the military and that is being destroyed.

Yah, it's amazing we have any military at all, with the measly $660 billion we're spending on it this year, an increase over last year's budget. The military got much of it's newest high-tech toys under Clinton, and Obama has increased their budget (which I think should be trimmed, but then, I don't agree with everything he does, obviously).

I expect a famine to come to the USA, after all we are getting food from all over the world now, we are becoming dependent on the tyrants of the world.

The United States is one of the largest exporters of food on Earth, and is actually the second-largest exporter of rice, the number one exporter of corn, and the number-one exporter of grain (with more exports than the entire EU combined).

Perhaps the new health-plan entitles you to a replacement organ for that defective one between your ears....

Now health care will be destroyed, just look at the swine flu vaccine, not enough for everyone because the Obama administration put their fingers into the production and created a mess.

LMAO, you're complaining about lack of vaccine for a flu that has a fatality rate of between 0.1% and 0.5% worldwide (below 0.1% in the United States). Compared to the thousand people that died as a result of the Bush administration's complete screw-up of the response to Hurricane Katrina, this is less than nothing.

It was DAYS before Bush ordered the Feds to fly in clean water and supplies, meanwhile, American citizens were dying in New Orleans. Bush's hand-picked head of FEMA, "Brownie" (whom Bush said was doing a "helluva job" with the hurricane response) had zero experience for that job, having previously been head of the Arabian Horse Breeders association.

And is there anything in common between the new health-care legislation and swine-flu production that would lead you to conflate the two? Oh wait - I forgot, I'm lecturing an uninformed, uneducated idiot.

If anyone thinks this passing is a good thing than they should go to the post office and guess which of the postal workers will transfer to the new Bueacracy that will manage our health care.

Maybe you live in a crappy area, but most of the post offices around where I lived most of my life, in Maryland, were actually better-run, and with better service, than any health-insurance company I've had to deal with.

Government agencies also run run Livermore National Labs, NASA, the Department of Defense, Medicare, the National Highway System, and the Department of Homeland Security, as well as the FBI, and CIA. Are you trying to imply that all government agencies and programs are failures? Because I don't think anybody (sane) would remotely buy that argument.

It would be really great if some of the people attacking the health-care reform bill would actually use facts, and not just make shit up, and try to "fear monger". The bill definitely is bloated, and not perfect, and if you're too stupid to make actual complaints about the parts that actually suck, then please, just STFU.

The Republican was Joseph Cao of La. and not what you would call a ringing endorsement for this legislation and tends to send a signal that Senate passage might be a bit harder than suspected.

Imagine trying to merge this bill with the Senate bill what a clusterfucked mess.

The Republican was Joseph Cao of La. and not what you would call a ringing endorsement for this legislation and tends to send a signal that Senate passage might be a bit harder than suspected.

Imagine trying to merge this bill with the Senate bill what a clusterfucked mess.

If Uhc is so fabulous why would the house need to criminalize not participating in the system?(up to 5 years imprisionment) I mean if its so great everyone will be tripping over themselves to sign up for health care coverage.

If Uhc is so fabulous why would the house need to criminalize not participating in the system?(up to 5 years imprisionment) I mean if its so great everyone will be tripping over themselves to sign up for health care coverage.

I was just reading your signature (great quotes, btw) and noticed the famous JFK "ask not what your country can do for you"..... I wonder when the Demcrates turned against Kennedy.

Contentious legislation is always a mess. The House and Senate spar regularly. Did you just hatch last week?

Forum List

Back