Howard Stern and Jesse Ventura in 2016?

You do not have to agree. But they are when it comes to radio.

No, they are not. The folks on the radio are well paid and well supported by the establishment. People out in the hinterland, the grassroots only believe themselves to be, "tea party" or "libertarian."

The truth of the matter is, all American political thought and ideology is controlled by big corporate interests and the big financial banking cartels on Wall Street. Over the main issues? There are NO DIFFERENCES between the two parties. They just make it appear that way. It is all political theater for the masses. So when this third rail political movement appeared, desirous of a new accountability on Wall Street, it was a threat to both parties. One had to co-opt it. This new movement's philosophy was more in tune with the stated goals of the Republican party, that of smaller government. So the Republican establishment sent in it's operatives to take it over. The did it quite successfully I might add.

Thus, into it were injected nasty social issues to delegitimize and splinter the movement. Likewise, establishment Republicans have no desire to end regulatory corruption. They are the ones on the radio. Investigate the link between Clear Channel and Mitt Romney, I think you will be surprised at what you find. The Tea Party movement was a grass roots movement, that within two years was co-opted by the mainstream political players to give Americans the illusion of having a real choice for change. None such ever existed. Funny thing is, to some small extent, it has bit them in the ass. Because the party has swung to the right considerably. Yet it DOES NOT mean that the main of the Republican party represents anything close to what the people of the grass roots Tea Party movement wanted.

As far as Libertarians go? I don't even want to address that, they have ideals and beliefs that are completely different to what you might believe, and are nothing like the Republican party. Their real philosophy borders on anarchism. So having a "political party" to begin with smacks of hypocrisy. Some say it was formed by a former Republican who didn't like the draft during the Vietnam War and that it was outrageous that young men should have to go fight in a war, and DIE for their country, yet not even be able to vote for the leaders that make them do so. Libertarians are against government coercion and violence. The government IS violence. Once you become enlightened, you ARE a Libertarian.

God damn. Before you make unqualified statements about a political party you know nothing about. READ.

What the fuck are you talking about? You complete idiot.

Howard Stern could be an effective media advisor to any politician. His endorsement is more meaningful than that of many sought by pols.

He is, after all, the King of all Media.

He is the best interviewer alive today. YouTube some of his interviews. Brilliant.

What? He is not, omg.. He's a fun guy but a has been.
Do you listen to him regularly?. He is a brilliant interviewer. It's off the cuff and he asks questions that EVERYONE wants to ask. There have been people he's interviewed that I had a negative opinion off and I came away with a whole new understanding of who they REALLY are. The people he interviews open up and let it all out. Something you don't see/hear anywhere else. I have learned that everyone has a really interesting story. Howard has a gift when he interviews.

Even people like Matt Lauer and Katie Couric (who would seem like boring interviews) were incredibly interesting. Whodathunkit? :dunno: Not me

Absolutely. His interviews are unparalleled.

He interviewed Graham Nash the other day. Outstanding.
Perfect example of what I just posted. No interest, no real knowledge of his life, no real opinion of him etc and I came away respecting the hell out of that guy.

Yeah, and his Mark the Bagger interview will go down in history as one of the most fascinating moments in radio history. :lol:

Seriously though, Howard has to be one of the top 3 interviewers of all time.

The story about Neil Young ( one of my favorites ) and how he wrote "Ohio" was the kind of shit that the listener will remember forever. Or how Neil threatened the Woodstock photographers so they did not include him in any shots.

And the story about how Mountain got left out if the Woodstock video by their dopey manager.

Great shit!

Yeah, and his Mark the Bagger interview will go down in history as one of the most fascinating moments in radio history. :lol:

Seriously though, Howard has to be one of the top 3 interviewers of all time.

Bagger No. 7

I have sympathy for Mark. My first "job" ever was as a grocery bagger at the commissary at West Point. Bagging groceries for tips is a grind.

The story about Neil Young ( one of my favorites ) and how he wrote "Ohio" was the kind of shit that the listener will remember forever. Or how Neil threatened the Woodstock photographers so they did not include him in any shots.

And the story about how Mountain got left out if the Woodstock video by their dopey manager.

Great shit!

..or how about that Metallica interview where James revealed Enter Sandman was originally a song about crib death, but management talked him out of it. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2WQpQ2P5Q0]NEW - Jesse Ventura - Howard Stern Show Interview October 02 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Looks like the 2 of them will be announcing their run next week on Howards show (Oct 2) Wednesday. Libertarian ticket. Jesse will be announcing his run for Pres and asking Howard to be his VP

If this happens I know where my vote goes. Hey now!!

What say you? Dumbest thing you've ever heard? They'll get your vote? Won't get your vote? Opinions and rants welcome....

They are free to do whatever they want so long as it's legal. If they want to run, let em run. It'll make for a great side show as Hillary wins in a landslide. Who knows, they might even get more votes than the Republican nominee.

No, they are not. The folks on the radio are well paid and well supported by the establishment. People out in the hinterland, the grassroots only believe themselves to be, "tea party" or "libertarian."

The truth of the matter is, all American political thought and ideology is controlled by big corporate interests and the big financial banking cartels on Wall Street. Over the main issues? There are NO DIFFERENCES between the two parties. They just make it appear that way. It is all political theater for the masses. So when this third rail political movement appeared, desirous of a new accountability on Wall Street, it was a threat to both parties. One had to co-opt it. This new movement's philosophy was more in tune with the stated goals of the Republican party, that of smaller government. So the Republican establishment sent in it's operatives to take it over. The did it quite successfully I might add.

Thus, into it were injected nasty social issues to delegitimize and splinter the movement. Likewise, establishment Republicans have no desire to end regulatory corruption. They are the ones on the radio. Investigate the link between Clear Channel and Mitt Romney, I think you will be surprised at what you find. The Tea Party movement was a grass roots movement, that within two years was co-opted by the mainstream political players to give Americans the illusion of having a real choice for change. None such ever existed. Funny thing is, to some small extent, it has bit them in the ass. Because the party has swung to the right considerably. Yet it DOES NOT mean that the main of the Republican party represents anything close to what the people of the grass roots Tea Party movement wanted.

As far as Libertarians go? I don't even want to address that, they have ideals and beliefs that are completely different to what you might believe, and are nothing like the Republican party. Their real philosophy borders on anarchism. So having a "political party" to begin with smacks of hypocrisy. Some say it was formed by a former Republican who didn't like the draft during the Vietnam War and that it was outrageous that young men should have to go fight in a war, and DIE for their country, yet not even be able to vote for the leaders that make them do so. Libertarians are against government coercion and violence. The government IS violence. Once you become enlightened, you ARE a Libertarian.

God damn. Before you make unqualified statements about a political party you know nothing about. READ.

What the holy fuck are you going on about, teal deer?? He said Howard Stern is THE man when it comes to radio, and you went off on a multi-paragraph I know not what that had NOTHING to do with the subject at hand.

Criminy River.

What the fuck are you talking about? You complete idiot.

Well, that makes two of us. What a totally "apropos of nothing" moment.

What the holy fuck are you going on about, teal deer?? He said Howard Stern is THE man when it comes to radio, and you went off on a multi-paragraph I know not what that had NOTHING to do with the subject at hand.

Criminy River.

Agreed. I completely didn't see the two other posts in between my last post and that post he made. The post he made makes much more sense now. In this context, mine just seems bat shit crazy. :lol:

I suffer from chronic migraines. Sometimes I should just take an Imitrex and get to a dark room. :cool:

You will notice I thanked him a while ago for the head slap. I am the first to apologize and own up to a mistake. I had thought he meant something entirely different. My bad. Can't apologize enough. So embarrassed. lol :redface:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAoABuJS1MA]Ella Fitzgerald and Joe Pass - Cry me a river (1975) - YouTube[/ame]

Criminy River.

Agreed. I completely didn't see the two other posts in between my last post and that post he made. The post he made makes much more sense now. In this context, mine just seems bat shit crazy. :lol:

I suffer from chronic migraines. Sometimes I should just take an Imitrex and get to a dark room. :cool:

You will notice I thanked him a while ago for the head slap. I am the first to apologize and own up to a mistake. I had thought he meant something entirely different. My bad. Can't apologize enough. So embarrassed. lol :redface:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAoABuJS1MA]Ella Fitzgerald and Joe Pass - Cry me a river (1975) - YouTube[/ame]

So sorry about the Chronics. :( I hope it's all past-tense, for now?

So sorry about the Chronics. :( I hope it's all past-tense, for now?
This sort of tangent really belongs in the tavern or cafe', but for the moment, the barometric pressure here is tanking, so it feels surprising good. :eusa_dance:

Thank you so much for asking.

Looks like the 2 of them will be announcing their run next week on Howards show (Oct 2) Wednesday. Libertarian ticket. Jesse will be announcing his run for Pres and asking Howard to be his VP

What say you? Dumbest thing you've ever heard? They'll get your vote? Won't get your vote? Opinions and rants welcome....

Oh good grief, maybe the silliest thing I've ever heard..

zactly what I thought.

What have we come to when a professional rassler and a shock jock a representative of anything at all? Dave Nolan is doing flip flops in his grave.

Yo mods/admin, shouldn't this be moved to Humor?

zactly what I thought.

What have we come to when a professional rassler and a shock jock a representative of anything at all? Dave Nolan is doing flip flops in his grave.

Be humorous when they grab a lot of votes yes? People are fed up with politicians on both sides of the aisle with their nonsense/lies.

Sign of the times. Dems and Republican's will eventually become old dinosaurs. Tossed aside like the trash that they are. Republican's are already circling the drain, dems will be next. Don't think their time won't come, it will.

zactly what I thought.

Be humorous when they grab a lot of votes yes? People are fed up with politicians on both sides of the aisle with their nonsense/lies.

Sign of the times. Dems and Republican's will eventually become old dinosaurs. Tossed aside like the trash that they are. Republican's are already circling the drain, dems will be next. Don't think their time won't come, it will.

But how does any of that make these two qualified?

Any time there's a discussion about someone not being qualified, the inevitable argument is, 'yabut, he's better than ...'.

That's the attitude that got us to this mess.

Forum List

Back