How would you actually like getting wealthy?

The wealthy people I have known do not talk about tax write offs. They have faith that they understand wealth and incomes and know how to avoid poverty.
I see they care not about how their security investment brokers telling them to limit their actual cash outlays to only 7%....and to play the margins...

I ask because everyone has a different opinion and there is no set standard, thus I asked for your definition.

In my view my wife and I are wealthy, we want for nothing need and there is little we want that we cannot get. We also have a 31 year marriage that is growing stronger each day.
I agree with your remarks. I would not be a good source since as you say, you define wealth as A and I define it as being B. Relationships can promote more wealth or status quo.

To be wealthy takes a form of thinking that our schools and most parents do not teach.

I agree, but I would argue it is more about attitude than total assets

It bothers me when Democrats trash the wealthy. They seem to think all humans should be getting along and not wanting wealth.

My experience is most do it out of envy

I don't think I'd like getting wealthy. Too much work. Being wealthy might be fun however.

I see they care not about how their security investment brokers telling them to limit their actual cash outlays to only 7%....and to play the margins...
I must be honest. I have not traded Stocks. My son lives with me and he always trades stocks. I have offered him buying tips and from that he profits. I am wary of investment brokers. But I am positive there are large numbers of honest brokers.
Take my son, He has bailed out of my recommended stocks and retains profits. But he misses out on profits had he kept the stocks.

My experience is most do it out of envy

We seem to be missing Jim Rohn's points. We drifted out to sea so to speak.

I don't think I'd like getting wealthy. Too much work. Being wealthy might be fun however.
It is important to know oneself. We range from those wanting a lot of wealth to those on the streets not at all wanting wealth.
I used to teach my sales staff to set goals and of course not any goal, but realistic goals. They set goals monthly. And it improved their wealth and incomes.

Gator is talking about how to get wealthy. I agree that attitude is vital. We show this by setting goals. This leads to making plans to reach the goals and that ends up as cash on hand. Cash on hand translates to moving money to investments. I like Real Estate. My son likes Stocks. I have a stepson that pours his cash into building large expensive homes he then sells. It has handed him a splendid life.

I vouch for Jim Rohn since I have personally followed his teaching. But be honest, do you actually want to be wealthy? Would you love having more money in your accounts?

I first heard Jim talk at Pleasanton, Ca. Later was there as he talked in Fremont, Ca. He was so good I later went to hear him in San Jose.

Folks, if you want actual improvement in your own lives, make a habit of watching his videos. He has passed away and we lost one heck of a fine human being who taught to others how to better themselves.

I have no desire to be wealthy. But I would like to be well off enough to help those in serious need, to be able to afford a crown on an ailing tooth without giving up something else, to be able to enjoy a few little luxuries that we cannot easily afford now in this inflationary and unhealthy economy.

I have no desire to be wealthy. But I would like to be well off enough to help those in serious need, to be able to afford a crown on an ailing tooth without giving up something else, to be able to enjoy a few little luxuries that we cannot easily afford now in this inflationary and unhealthy economy.
We have a low percentage of Wealthy people and you explain it so well. No desire.

When Democrats rail on over the poor, they are conning us all. They do not want wealth it appears. But I have helped the poor. But they did not want to be wealthy. As you do not want to be wealthy.

We have a low percentage of Wealthy people and you explain it so well. No desire.

When Democrats rail on over the poor, they are conning us all. They do not want wealth it appears. But I have helped the poor. But they did not want to be wealthy. As you do not want to be wealthy.
Everybody has their own set of priorities and the happiest people discover where their happiness comes from. It is rarely from wealth though it could come from ability to afford to do what makes us most happy.

We seem to be missing Jim Rohn's points. We drifted out to sea so to speak.

I will add, I did not watch the video as I do not ever read or watch such things. I am not in to self-help books or "how to become a millionaire" books or videos. there is no one thing that works for everyone and everyone has different goals.

I will add, I did not watch the video as I do not ever read or watch such things. I am not in to self-help books or "how to become a millionaire" books or videos. there is no one thing that works for everyone and everyone has different goals.
Seems to me you did not like going to school. This education thing promoted is self help. Trouble is they skip the part about planning after setting goals and staying on the path they themselves set out on.
Rohn does not teach there is just one way to get wealthy. I have been around him a few times and saw the impact he had on his audience. Suddenly those who had no hope were filled with hope and a number of them actually got wealthy. Take Tony Robbins as an example. Tony went to work for Jim Rohn and then became wealthy.

$600 million US Dollars

According to an assessment in 2023, Tony Robbins' net worth stands at an impressive $600 million US Dollars, highlighting his immense success and financial achievements. His income streams reflect the widespread impact of his work and influence across different platforms.Aug 22, 2023

Tony Robbins Net Worth 2023 - Blinkist

Seems to me you did not like going to school. This education thing promoted is self help. Trouble is they skip the part about planning after setting goals and staying on the path they themselves set out on.

I went to school to learn things I could not teach myself. I got my Masters to learn a trade and to be marketable to employers.

Setting goals and staying on the path cannot be taught in school, they must be learned.

In 2012 after getting out of the Marine Corps I had a stretch of bad luck and bad decisions. As a family of 4 were living below the poverty level. I was deeply in debt and would have had my car repossessed had it not been parked on an AFB when they came looking for it. We had no savings and nothing saved for retirement other than my Marine Corps pension.

My wife and I decided we did not want to live that way and we worked to better our situation. Jump forward to today and we are making close to 6 times what we did in 2012, we have no debt other than our house we just had built for us last year. We will now be able to comfortably retire in 5.5 year when I am 65.

I did not need anyone to tell us what to do, just the attitude that it had to be done.

According to an assessment in 2023, Tony Robbins' net worth stands at an impressive $600 million US Dollars

Is that wealthy? Do you think Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates thinks that Tony Robbins is wealthy, it is impressive to them? Hell, Bezos spent that much on a boat.

This is why I asked my first post for you to define wealthy, as it is all a matter of perspective.

I went to school to learn things I could not teach myself. I got my Masters to learn a trade and to be marketable to employers.

Setting goals and staying on the path cannot be taught in school, they must be learned.

In 2012 after getting out of the Marine Corps I had a stretch of bad luck and bad decisions. As a family of 4 were living below the poverty level. I was deeply in debt and would have had my car repossessed had it not been parked on an AFB when they came looking for it. We had no savings and nothing saved for retirement other than my Marine Corps pension.

My wife and I decided we did not want to live that way and we worked to better our situation. Jump forward to today and we are making close to 6 times what we did in 2012, we have no debt other than our house we just had built for us last year. We will now be able to comfortably retire in 5.5 year when I am 65.

I did not need anyone to tell us what to do, just the attitude that it had to be done.

Is that wealthy? Do you think Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates thinks that Tony Robbins is wealthy, it is impressive to them? Hell, Bezos spent that much on a boat.

This is why I asked my first post for you to define wealthy, as it is all a matter of perspective.
On this forum, I notice that if I define anything, I get a ration of shit. You and your wife changed your attitude and it enabled you to recover. I hope you are not under the impression I was trying to bash you and I try to be mindful that me and you are not the only readers here. I try to be as kind as possible knowing that bad intentions correctly are noticed and attacked. I am 85 so no longer struggle to earn adequate funds. I am not trying to sound wealthy at all. But we can all one hopes accept something worth value when it comes up.

I defined wealthy as you hopefully recall. And what did you do? You did not agree. So me defining it was no help at all. Not to either of us.

I defined wealthy as you hopefully recall. And what did you do? You did not agree. So me defining it was no help at all. Not to either of us.

But it was very helpful as we both now knew where the other person was coming from. That is vital to have a discussion.

You and your wife changed your attitude and it enabled you to recover.

Yes, we did. My point was we did not need a video or a book to tell us how to do it, or that it needed done.

I was trying to bash you and I try to be mindful that me and you are not the only readers here. I try to be as kind as possible knowing that bad intentions correctly are noticed and attacked.

I did not take it that way at all.

I am 85 so no longer struggle to earn adequate funds.

I am glad you have enough wealth to not worry about such things. That should always be the goal.

I am not trying to sound wealthy at all. But we can all one hopes accept something worth value when it comes up.

Yet is sound to me like you are wealthy by most standards.

Life is a balancing act, saving money and building wealth is great, but it cannot be all consuming or you are missing life now to have it later, and nobody is promised later.

My sister and BIL worked so hard for their retirement, put off doing things to save a bit more. They were not wealthy, he was a preacher and she a teacher. And when they were within less than a handful of years from their dreams coming true he was diagnosed with a rare, genetic heart condition. He was dead 6 months later.

Yes, we did. My point was we did not need a video or a book to tell us how to do it, or that it needed done.

I did not take it that way at all.

I am glad you have enough wealth to not worry about such things. That should always be the goal.

Yet is sound to me like you are wealthy by most standards.

Life is a balancing act, saving money and building wealth is great, but it cannot be all consuming or you are missing life now to have it later, and nobody is promised later.

My sister and BIL worked so hard for their retirement, put off doing things to save a bit more. They were not wealthy, he was a preacher and she a teacher. And when they were within less than a handful of years from their dreams coming true he was diagnosed with a rare, genetic heart condition. He was dead 6 months later.
I had a niece who suddenly got a deadly cancer and it was sad as hell talking to her with her telling us she was dying. My son spent a lot of time talking to her on the phone and kind of suddenly she died. She was 50. From the time she told us she had a deadly cancer until she died was several weeks. She put blame on her doctor. She said he should have caught her cancer a lot sooner.

Forum List

Back