How would you actually like getting wealthy?

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
I vouch for Jim Rohn since I have personally followed his teaching. But be honest, do you actually want to be wealthy? Would you love having more money in your accounts?

I first heard Jim talk at Pleasanton, Ca. Later was there as he talked in Fremont, Ca. He was so good I later went to hear him in San Jose.

Folks, if you want actual improvement in your own lives, make a habit of watching his videos. He has passed away and we lost one heck of a fine human being who taught to others how to better themselves.

I am willing to give wealthy a try. As the famous actress, Tallulah Bankhead, who was the daughter of a poor Alabama sharecropper said, "I've been rich and I've been poor, and rich beats the hell out of poor."

I am willing to give wealthy a try. As the famous actress, Tallulah Bankhead, who was the daughter of a poor Alabama sharecropper said, "I've been rich and I've been poor, and rich beats the hell out of poor."

What is rich?

Is a couple making close to 300 grand a year rich? Or do they need to be making a million? Or more than that?

Is rich determined by income or assets or a combination of both?

In reality, my wife and I need for nothing and want very little we do not have. Is that not the definition of wealthy?

Define wealthy.
Are you willing to be wealthy?
I would define it in layman's terms since most laymen do not understand the accurate definitions in the dictionary.

When one has both in holdings, such as stocks, Real Estate, Bank deposits and other things of value enough to buy what they want and not have any need to ask what it costs.

If one is wealthy, they can purchase ships and not really be concerned about the cost.

What is rich?

Is a couple making close to 300 grand a year rich? Or do they need to be making a million? Or more than that?

Is rich determined by income or assets or a combination of both?
This is said by me in a very friendly fashion so don't take me wrong.
You have posted close to 100,000 posts and are asking now what is rich? And you need wealthy defined? I mean, you are a prolific poster. I bet you know very well how to locate definitions and have given this thought in the past. When posts like your shows up, I see it as a form of diversion tactic.

I would define it in layman's terms since most laymen do not understand the accurate definitions in the dictionary.

When one has both in holdings, such as stocks, Real Estate, Bank deposits and other things of value enough to buy what they want and not have any need to ask what it costs.

If one is wealthy, they can purchase ships and not really be concerned about the cost.

Then by your standard I am not wealthy and am not willing to do what it would take to get there.

I like my definition better....my wife and I need for nothing and want very little we do not have. Is that not the definition of wealthy?

This is said by me in a very friendly fashion so don't take me wrong.
You have posted close to 100,000 posts and are asking now what is rich? And you need wealthy defined? I mean, you are a prolific poster. I bet you know very well how to locate definitions and have given this thought in the past. When posts like your shows up, I see it as a form of diversion tactic.

I ask because everyone has a different opinion and there is no set standard, thus I asked for your definition.

In my view my wife and I are wealthy, we want for nothing need and there is little we want that we cannot get. We also have a 31 year marriage that is growing stronger each day.

that reminds me of when I met my wife she had a magnet on her fridge that said "I still have checks left, how can I be overdrawn" :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
I married such a woman. After I married her I went to merchants who were after her over bad checks and paid them off. She had excellent qualities as a woman, from fit, to smart, to beautiful, to excellent with her children and very happy in person. But she had the habit of paying merchants with checks that had no backing. When she ran out of checks, she figured she was broke.

Then by your standard I am not wealthy and am not willing to do what it would take to get there.

I like my definition better....my wife and I need for nothing and want very little we do not have. Is that not the definition of wealthy?
Your caveats seem to please you and this is the mission of life. Be pleased.

Stop to think what you said here. You simply do not want to be wealthy. You are pleased with small amounts. But this Rohn lecture is for those who truly want to enjoy life and able to supply family at least, with things family wants.

I married such a woman. After I married her I went to merchants who were after her over bad checks and paid them off. She had excellent qualities as a woman, from fit, to smart, to beautiful, to excellent with her children and very happy in person. But she had the habit of paying merchants with checks that had no backing. When she ran out of checks, she figured she was broke.

The good news for me was she never actually wrote bad checks, she just like the magnet

Your caveats seem to please you and this is the mission of life. Be pleased.

Is that not the mission of everyone?

What is the point of becoming wealthy if not to be pleased by the money?

usually they buy those things to use as a tax write off so they are worrying about their wealth and they damn sure do ask how muchas.

Is that not the mission of everyone?

What is the point of becoming wealthy if not to be pleased by the money?
Lottery winners are at times a good example of what you say. They were not used to wealth in the amount they got from the Lottery and found they handed to family and friends and even strangers large sums of cash because they were not accustomed to wealth. It is reported that they went from assumed being happy to being upset at those they handed money to.
To be wealthy takes a form of thinking that our schools and most parents do not teach.
The good news for me was she never actually wrote bad checks, she just like the magnet
After we got married, I got her cured of bad check passing and would ensure she had cash in her bank account.

It bothers me when Democrats trash the wealthy. They seem to think all humans should be getting along and not wanting wealth.

usually they buy those things to use as a tax write off so they are worrying about their wealth and they damn sure do ask how muchas.
The wealthy people I have known do not talk about tax write offs. They have faith that they understand wealth and incomes and know how to avoid poverty.

Forum List

Back