How will you remember Alan Colmes? Hopefully better than the people at Slate

Colmes was a hired punching bag. He knew he would be insulted and not able to complete a sentence before being interrupted on a daily basis. I had no problem with him or what he tried to advocate, but it was well known that he was just there so Fox could claim they had a token liberal.
That is Juan, moron.

Colmes co-hosted a fucking prime time show.

Progressivism is a disease, it's all about control… Of people that disagree with you.

Yes, as many cable news TV viewers mourn the loss of Alan Colmes, it seems the liberal talking heads at Slate have no mercy. They published a less than complimentary article on the late Mr. Colmes referring to him as a buffoon and patsy.

Usually I enjoy watching Democrats attack their own, but only when they have the ability to fight back. Colmes often brought the liberal point of view to the table in a decent and adult way. I guess that's why hard left people like Slate despised him. So just a few quotes from the Slate article:

"Colmes was the most absurd, useless, and mocked television personality in America for many years, precisely because he was nice. In the context of Fox News, being a nice guy—and a "liberal" nice guy at that—meant being a buffoon, and a patsy. Colmes not only played the part to perfection—he defined it."

"I wrote that Colmes was a nice guy, and we should all be able to separate the personal from the political, and the personal from the professional, etc., etc., etc. But while Colmes may not have been a genius, he wasn't a complete moron either; in short, he was smart enough to know he was being used, and to take the money that his services demanded. If this is something less than morally reprehensible, it is still pretty gross. We can mourn that Alan Colmes won't be around to watch the political era he, as an important cog in the Fox News machine, helped usher in; unfortunately, the rest of us have no choice."

To think some on the left get their political information from sources like this. Deplorable.

Liberal News Site Publishes Obituary Attacking Alan Colmes
Seems slate wanted to put that Jew in their ovens.....how sad....

Another example of libturd "character".
for the last 8 years (well minus the last few months hes been missing) I had to listen to Colmes bring up Bush every time he was confronted with the facts on obama's weekly screw up/embarrassing moment),,,where he would rebutt with,,,"yah, but when Bush was President",,,,,,,,right?

Yes, as many cable news TV viewers mourn the loss of Alan Colmes, it seems the liberal talking heads at Slate have no mercy. They published a less than complimentary article on the late Mr. Colmes referring to him as a buffoon and patsy.

Usually I enjoy watching Democrats attack their own, but only when they have the ability to fight back. Colmes often brought the liberal point of view to the table in a decent and adult way. I guess that's why hard left people like Slate despised him. So just a few quotes from the Slate article:

"Colmes was the most absurd, useless, and mocked television personality in America for many years, precisely because he was nice. In the context of Fox News, being a nice guy—and a "liberal" nice guy at that—meant being a buffoon, and a patsy. Colmes not only played the part to perfection—he defined it."

"I wrote that Colmes was a nice guy, and we should all be able to separate the personal from the political, and the personal from the professional, etc., etc., etc. But while Colmes may not have been a genius, he wasn't a complete moron either; in short, he was smart enough to know he was being used, and to take the money that his services demanded. If this is something less than morally reprehensible, it is still pretty gross. We can mourn that Alan Colmes won't be around to watch the political era he, as an important cog in the Fox News machine, helped usher in; unfortunately, the rest of us have no choice."

To think some on the left get their political information from sources like this. Deplorable.

Seems slate wanted to put that Jew in their ovens.....how sad....

It really is. If you want to attack somebody, do it while they can defend themselves. Maybe they were critical of Colmes while alive......I dob't know. I don't read that crap. But did these lowlifes ever consider what his family thought while reading this?

They eat their dead. Didn't you know?

Oh yes, I know. I've been quite aware of it for some time now. But perhaps my thread here will awaken some on the left about the vultures on their side. It sort of takes me back to the Paul Wellstone funeral. Seems the left are heartless about death unless it involves executing a murderer.

Lol. I remember that clip. The phony-assed Clintons in a nutshell.

I think it's hilarious when people defend these two as the honest, wrongly persecuted public servants, and just think "well, there's an idiot"....

Last edited:
Colmes was a hired punching bag. He knew he would be insulted and not able to complete a sentence before being interrupted on a daily basis. I had no problem with him or what he tried to advocate, but it was well known that he was just there so Fox could claim they had a token liberal.

Oh please. They have several liberals on that show. When he and Hannity had their show together, he had more than enough time to bring his points of view to discussion. Ever watch O'Reilly? He always has one person from each side to debate.

Yep, they have no shame.

Oh yes, I know. I've been quite aware of it for some time now. But perhaps my thread here will awaken some on the left about the vultures on their side. It sort of takes me back to the Paul Wellstone funeral. Seems the left are heartless about death unless it involves executing a murderer.

Lol. I remember that clip. The phony-assed Clinton's in a nutshell.

I think it's hilarious when people defend these two as the honest, wrongly persecuted public servants, and just think "well, there's an idiot"....

Maybe it's just us on the right, but there's a time to put politics away and deal with people as human beings, or at the very least, as fellow Americans. It's the left that looks at anybody who disagrees with them as mortal enemies until death......or even past death.

I love politics and take it seriously, but never to the point of pure hatred.

In the end ones political leanings has zero to do with their character. Labels mean nothing. What a person does for others is the only thing that counts.

I believe that our political system today is the worst, most tainted by big money, full of men and women who have zero character and are driven by greed not to mention all the illegal things they have probably done. And the swamp has not been drained...its now beyond running over. Both sides are guilty in my eyes. Guilty of creating this mess due to corporate influence through billions of unearned money.

Maybe it's just us on the right, but there's a time to put politics away and deal with people as human beings, or at the very least, as fellow Americans. It's the left that looks at anybody who disagrees with them as mortal enemies until death......or even past death.

I agree. I actually liked colmes and have said as much in other threads.

We've gotten so divided that even a show of some amount of respect for someone that doesn't agree with our politics 100% is grounds for total vilification.

Even death is now political.

See: Obama: Thatcher funeral.

he was black, what do you expect from the liberal left? I always found Colmes on the left side in everything he said. I am guessing since he didn't play the part of a victim to the lefts satisfaction he must be destroyed. I am sure that someone like Sharpton will never receive the treatment Colmes has received. The left likes their blacks to both put down white America and make black America look dangerous, that's is storybook man, that is perfect.

he was black, what do you expect from the liberal left? I always found Colmes on the left side in everything he said. I am guessing since he didn't play the part of a victim to the lefts satisfaction he must be destroyed. I am sure that someone like Sharpton will never receive the treatment Colmes has received. The left likes their blacks to both put down white America and make black America look dangerous, that's is storybook man, that is perfect.

Colmes just wasn't a radical. Hard leftists want radicals, protestors, rioters and so on. Comes was nothing like that. I guess he was too much of a professional for Slate.

I agree. I actually liked colmes and have said as much in other threads.

We've gotten so divided that even a show of some amount of respect for someone that doesn't agree with our politics 100% is grounds for total vilification.

Even death is now political.

See: Obama: Thatcher funeral.

The left has this obsession with attacking the dead. Whether it's making movies against Republican Presidents after they're gone, attacking one of their own because they were not left enough for them, or even taxing dead people, it's some sort of weird hangup with those people.

lol, so apparently according to the OP et al,

it was politically incorrect for this whoever he was at Slate to be brutally honest about his view of Colmes.

Gee, I thought Trump had normalized political incorrectness. I thought you people LOVED political incorrectness now.

Forum List

Back