How will you remember Alan Colmes? Hopefully better than the people at Slate

th
th
th.jpg

th
Notice anything in common? All look like the Jr. HS snitch.

Colmes was a hired punching bag. He knew he would be insulted and not able to complete a sentence before being interrupted on a daily basis. I had no problem with him or what he tried to advocate, but it was well known that he was just there so Fox could claim they had a token liberal.

Oh please. They have several liberals on that show. When he and Hannity had their show together, he had more than enough time to bring his points of view to discussion. Ever watch O'Reilly? He always has one person from each side to debate.

Well, no. He has a liberal, and then another person to join him. That's 2 to 1 if you can follow the math. Of course it is standard procedure for him to interrupt the liberal at every step.

Colmes was a hired punching bag. He knew he would be insulted and not able to complete a sentence before being interrupted on a daily basis. I had no problem with him or what he tried to advocate, but it was well known that he was just there so Fox could claim they had a token liberal.

Oh please. They have several liberals on that show. When he and Hannity had their show together, he had more than enough time to bring his points of view to discussion. Ever watch O'Reilly? He always has one person from each side to debate.

Well, no. He has a liberal, and then another person to join him. That's 2 to 1 if you can follow the math. Of course it is standard procedure for him to interrupt the liberal at every step.

Maybe you didn't watch the video I posted, but interrupting goes both ways on Fox. Everybody gets their talking points out. As for Bill O' he interrupts anybody that he disagrees with liberal or conservative.

But since I don't want MSM, how many conservative guests do CNN and MSMBC have on? How are they treated?

Maybe you didn't watch the video I posted, but interrupting goes both ways on Fox. Everybody gets their talking points out. As for Bill O' he interrupts anybody that he disagrees with liberal or conservative.

But since I don't want MSM, how many conservative guests do CNN and MSMBC have on? How are they treated?

Sadly, most right wingers are afraid to go on a lot of networks. Not because they are treated unfairly, but because they are expected to give strait answers to strait questions. They just don't seem to be capable of that.

Sadly, most right wingers are afraid to go on a lot of networks. Not because they are treated unfairly, but because they are expected to give strait answers to strait questions. They just don't seem to be capable of that.

Oh, I'm sure that's the reason CNN and MSNBC don't have them on. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Oh, I'm sure that's the reason CNN and MSNBC don't have them on. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Maddow has an open invitation, and she is not rude or insulting, and the facts she presents are always well researched and documented, yet few takers.

Yes, as many cable news TV viewers mourn the loss of Alan Colmes, it seems the liberal talking heads at Slate have no mercy. They published a less than complimentary article on the late Mr. Colmes referring to him as a buffoon and patsy.

Usually I enjoy watching Democrats attack their own, but only when they have the ability to fight back. Colmes often brought the liberal point of view to the table in a decent and adult way. I guess that's why hard left people like Slate despised him. So just a few quotes from the Slate article:

"Colmes was the most absurd, useless, and mocked television personality in America for many years, precisely because he was nice. In the context of Fox News, being a nice guy—and a "liberal" nice guy at that—meant being a buffoon, and a patsy. Colmes not only played the part to perfection—he defined it."

"I wrote that Colmes was a nice guy, and we should all be able to separate the personal from the political, and the personal from the professional, etc., etc., etc. But while Colmes may not have been a genius, he wasn't a complete moron either; in short, he was smart enough to know he was being used, and to take the money that his services demanded. If this is something less than morally reprehensible, it is still pretty gross. We can mourn that Alan Colmes won't be around to watch the political era he, as an important cog in the Fox News machine, helped usher in; unfortunately, the rest of us have no choice."

To think some on the left get their political information from sources like this. Deplorable.

Liberal News Site Publishes Obituary Attacking Alan Colmes

Ray I had no idea. I wondered in the thread I had put up and others as well why it was conservatives responding to how decent and respected Alan was and not liberals. And honored a good man who's death could bring Ann Coulter to tears and take Hannity off the air for two days in mourning his good friend.

But this Slate article really shows their evil hearts. Wow. Just wow. Thanks for getting this one out there.

Maddow has an open invitation, and she is not rude or insulting, and the facts she presents are always well researched and documented, yet few takers.

That's normal. O'Reilly had a standing invitation to Hillary to come on anytime she wanted during her campaign. They never returned the call. Same with Rush (who seldom does interviews) when he had a standing invitation for Obama to come on.

But I'm not talking politicians here, I'm talking about conservatives that work for those networks just like Fox has liberals working for theirs.

Just for those that are too young to know it was shows like Hannity and Colmes that rocked Fox and dragged viewers away from CNN. And Colmes used to be a stand up so his delivery always threw Sean off because he was so bloody funny.

To witness Colmes being disparaged as a token liberal by liberals is appalling.

Just for those that are too young to know it was shows like Hannity and Colmes that rocked Fox and dragged viewers away from CNN. And Colmes used to be a stand up so his delivery always threw Sean off because he was so bloody funny.

I don't think he is being disparaged. I agreed with most of what he said, but the fact is that he was a hired punching bag. He knew it. Everybody knew it.

Slate's well known to represent the Democrat extremist nuttter crowd. It's Fake News. Nuff said on that.

Personally, i feel Colmes was always respectful and logical in his arguments. I disagreed with him most often, but i did respect the guy. I pray for his family. R.I.P.

Slate's well known to represent the Democrat extremist nuttter crowd. It's Fake News. Nuff said on that.

Personally, i feel Colmes was always respectful and logical in his arguments. I disagreed with him most often, but i did respect the guy. I pray for his family. R.I.P.

The article was an opinion piece not a news article. Goddam you people are depressingly ignorant.

I don't think he is being disparaged. I agreed with most of what he said, but the fact is that he was a hired punching bag. He knew it. Everybody knew it.

They don't want to admit that Foxnews knew exactly what they were doing when they picked Colmes as their token liberal.

lol the person who admitted she doesn't have cable is suddenly an expert on Foxnews.

The article was an opinion piece not a news article. Goddam you people are depressingly ignorant.

Still shameful. If you had any integrity left, you'd be calling Slate out for it.

Forum List

Back