How will this movie impact the election?

swizzlee

RedWhiteAndBlue
Jan 8, 2011
on a mountain
Tonite's Hannity show was devoted to a documentarymovie, the Hope & the Change, with its producers [names forgotten], Pat Caddell, clips from the film and interviews with the "stars" of the film.

The "stars" were ordinary middle class people - white, black Latino, men, women, small business owners, and blue collar workers - all Democrats or Indies who had voted for Obama.

Listening to these folks talk about how they felt when voting for Obama and how they've been so very disappointed since then told me clearly that Obama is in much more serious trouble than many of our polls are revealing.

There was no mention of Romney. There were no questions about how this group would vote or if they would vote at all.

The documentary will be shown at the Pub convention and also in NC during the Dem convention, It will open in theatres shortly after that.

The Hannity show will be shown again in an hour - 8pm EST.

After watching this, I feel sure this documentary will have an impact because the "stars" of the film have already been impacted - negatively.

I've not seen either Fahrenheit or Hillary.......

so I can't do a comparison.

But does not the fact that the people in this documentary will be voting for the other party or not voting at all have already created an impact on the election?

Can you really limit the impact to just the number in this group and dismiss it as meaningless or can the number be expanded statistically to a more realistic percentage of the population?

Obama appealing the court decision striking down the NDAA he sign into law that allows the imprisonment of citizens without due process will really piss off his base.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLelSaD1zHU]The Hope And The Change - Official Movie Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

I agree. No movie, by itself, can swing an election. One never has and one never will. (Possible exception, Star Wars/Reagan...j/k)

However, that fact only makes it that much more hilarious every time Libbies whine and wail over Citizen's United. Free speech rules.

On edit:

Changed to some friendlier language once I saw where the topic was posted. :)

Last edited:
No, not by itself..............

But I think what I saw in this one was the real depth of their disappointment in Obama AND the fact that they will soon take direct action in some form or other to alleviate or remedy that disappointment - or at least try.

This is not a film about some past event but about the future.

yes - Welcome to the no-swear zone :)

Forum List

Back