How Will the Election Campaign Affect the Market

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Tax flight fed by CA blackouts, higher crime rates and reduced or even withdrawn unsubsidized investment is hurting and more importantly will continue to really hurt the Blue Wall. With three or more regulation regimes for social media the market could lose its leaders. What do you think?

If Trump loses...I am sure the market will lose but not as huge as many will expect. It depends on how long the tariffs will be in place with China. And if the current events unfold in Iran...it will affect the oil market.

This market has stalled 3 time in the last 18 months near all time highs. After the first stall it took 3 months to lose 10%, and then 6 months to retest the high. Then it took 3 months to lose 20%, and now after 5 months it is headed south again. Considering the ‘sell in May and go away’ mantra that seems to be a fair adage, I think the market activity this September will be telling. Personally I believe the stock market and economy will be hot topics in November, and not in Trumps favor. I will be buying puts/shorts in August or before especially if the VIX drops below 12.

Personally I believe the stock market and economy will be hot topics in November, and not in Trumps favor.

I think the commodity market will continue to take a hit.
The oil market will be shaky. The goods from China imported and exported will continue because of China. JMO

Forum List

Back