How will Republicans attract younger voters?

Let's keep in mind...Obama, arguably the worst President in history, was elected TWICE. ..thanks to hate and vitriol by the tea party.

There is no wishing...it is what has hapened. Again, you gotta see the big picture. Dems are laughing at you because they realize it is a war...not a 2 year battle. The Dems are laughing at you as they pervert the Constitution and justify EO's and liberalism by pointing to teaper idiocy and reactionism.

But we will see..lead or shut up. Gridlock or success. Gridlock might make you and the tea party fanatics happy, but in the end...the people who count (the MASSIVE voting block of dems and Cons who are moderate), despise it.

Personally, i don't see gridlock as a bad thing. The less they do, the better off we all are. I'm all for 'Do-Nothing Congresses.' When they start doing something, that's when the problems begin.
Gridlock as opposed to obstruction...maybe, a big maybe. The narrative has to match the actions and counter the finger pointing and accusations of the dems. Otherwise...it is a Do-Nothing-Congress that puts America in harms way.
Not really, that is the teaper narrative to justify why the GOP lost. What entitlements did Obama campaign on in 2012? What entitlements will the GOP take away? Obamacare? What entitlements have they ever taken away?

This Congress is a test...what will they do, how will they politicize it and what will the narrative be? Lead or get out is the message I see from the American people. The GOP has to prove that they can lead.

You vastly over-estimate the average American intellect. It's mostly all about Freebies. What's the Freebie situation look like? That's how many Americans see things. They could care less about 'Leading.'
What freebies? You have fallen to propaganda. How many people do you know who are n food stamps? If you know any of them...do they even vote?

who cares.. they suck the system dry and take from hard working people.
Corporate freebies? Freebies for gimps? Freebies for trailer trash/ ghetto trash. Which freebies? Are you just being idealistic...or is there a realistic thought floating around up there.

That is what you fail to understand, I don't hate the GOP in anyway...they used to be true conservatives and above the fray until the tea party was introduced. Now the GOP has been reduced to knee jerk reactions, hate politics, and obstruction. No leaders, no leading...just self victimization and nonsense rhetoric.

And again, you have to see past your own little nose...a victory, without a doubt. Historic or a mandate...not really. The election had one of the lowest turnouts...not a true indicator of the mood of the nation. Simply a battle was won and with the tea party involved...more than likely an opportunity to lose the war.

So the Party has or hasn't been destroyed? So far, you haven't proven it's been 'destroyed' in any way. You just continue bleating on & on about how much you hate Tea Partiers. Fact is, the Republican Party just enjoyed massive historic victories.

So like i said, just because you hate a particular party, doesn't mean it's been destroyed. I despise the Communist/Progressive assholes who run the Democratic Party, but i realize the Party is far far from being 'destroyed.' Merely wishing for something to be so, doesn't necessarily make it so.
Let's keep in mind...Obama, arguably the worst President in history, was elected TWICE. ..thanks to hate and vitriol by the tea party.

There is no wishing...it is what has hapened. Again, you gotta see the big picture. Dems are laughing at you because they realize it is a war...not a 2 year battle. The Dems are laughing at you as they pervert the Constitution and justify EO's and liberalism by pointing to teaper idiocy and reactionism.

But we will see..lead or shut up. Gridlock or success. Gridlock might make you and the tea party fanatics happy, but in the end...the people who count (the MASSIVE voting block of dems and Cons who are moderate), despise it.

Personally, i don't see gridlock as a bad thing. The less they do, the better off we all are. I'm all for 'Do-Nothing Congresses.' When they start doing something, that's when the problems begin.
Gridlock as opposed to obstruction...maybe, a big maybe. The narrative has to match the actions and counter the finger pointing and accusations of the dems. Otherwise...it is a Do-Nothing-Congress that puts America in harms way.
And Obama won because he was seen as pandering to the Entitlement douchebags and loony White Communists. Unfortunately, that's the winning ticket in America today. Hopefully that'll change in the near future, but for now it is what it is. The Communists and Entitlement douchebags do currently rule the day. But we'll see what the future holds.
Not really, that is the teaper narrative to justify why the GOP lost. What entitlements did Obama campaign on in 2012? What entitlements will the GOP take away? Obamacare? What entitlements have they ever taken away?

This Congress is a test...what will they do, how will they politicize it and what will the narrative be? Lead or get out is the message I see from the American people. The GOP has to prove that they can lead.

You vastly over-estimate the average American intellect. It's mostly all about Freebies. What's the Freebie situation look like? That's how many Americans see things. They could care less about 'Leading.'

like my boss said, everybody wants something for nothing

unfortunately it seldom works that way

Especially when young Republicans see those with an education get better jobs and make more money. You don't need a "Liberal Education" won't work. Trying to turn getting an education into something that only liberals will do won't work forever. And a policy of not teaching critical thinking skills only goes so far.

Hate the gays, hate the blacks and hate, hate, hate clearly isn't working.

So what will work? We will protect your guns? We will abolish the EPA? Abolish the department of education? What?

By exposing the truth about shitbag progressives and their lies.

You'd be surprised how many young people prefer honesty versus lies.

Young people realize that they are in a real mess when it comes to the economy.

Obama isn't all to blame.

Valerie Jarrett deserves a lot of credit too.

Especially when young Republicans see those with an education get better jobs and make more money. You don't need a "Liberal Education" won't work. Trying to turn getting an education into something that only liberals will do won't work forever. And a policy of not teaching critical thinking skills only goes so far.

So what will work? We will protect your guns? We will abolish the EPA? Abolish the department of education? What?
When they grow up, get married, buy a house and have kids

I dunno....

9 seats in the senate......something is clearly working !

I turned 18 during the Jimmy Carter Administration.

4 years of that was enough to make me vote Republican.

I turned 18 during the Jimmy Carter Administration.

4 years of that was enough to make me vote Republican.

Truth out. A days and B days.

Oh and make sure you put your sweater on because we are running out of fossil fuels.

Well the first step the GOP took in getting back young voters was neutering the religious right. Progress :thup:
There are quite a few factions in the party:

The 'social conservatives' that have issues with same-sex marriage, who are getting less popular.

The 'keep the state out' faction that is apathetic about same-sex marriage, and thinks the focus should be the ACA and the economy - not people's bedrooms.

The 'libertarian' branch led by the likes of Ron Paul, which is against same-sex marriage but doesn't believe the state shouldn't be in the marriage business.

The second faction is slowly winning and shaping the party, as that is where the votes are. If the GOP gets sidetracked on social issues, it will push people away because not everyone likes social issues, especially business leaders who prefer a neutral stance on them.

Forum List

Back