How will eliminating the Estate Tax benefit the Middle class?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Syriusly, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,249
    Why am I not surprised you didn't even bother to read the OP.

Trump’s Tax Plan Cuts Rates for Individuals and Corporations and Eliminates Many Deductions

“My plan is for working people and my plan is for jobs,” Mr. Trump said. “I don’t benefit. Very, very strongly I think there’s very little benefit for people of wealth.”

The Estate tax in 2017 only applies to estates of $5,490,000 or more. If Donald Trump died tomorrow Melania, as his spouse, would still not have to pay any estate taxes on Donald's supposed $10 billion dollars- because of the spousal exemption. If both of them died tomorrow- then yes- his kids would face estate taxes.

How does eliminating the estate tax benefit 'working people'? How does it generate jobs?

Provisions such as the alternative minimum tax and the estate tax, a tax on inherited wealth which Mr. Trump has derided over the years, would be gone under the Republican proposal.

How does it do anything but benefit the families of the wealthiest Americans?

Save me the arguments that the Estate tax is 'unfair'- Trump and the Republicans are claiming these tax cuts are all about generating jobs and benefiting the middle class- if you want to claim that the reason to eliminate the estate tax is because the tax is 'unfair'- then go ahead and admit that Trump and the Republicans are lying to Americans about what the tax cuts are for- and who they are supposed to benefit.

2. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,249
    And by 'dishonest' you mean I specifically stated the absolute truth- and you don't care that the Republicans are lying to you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TNHarley

TNHarley Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41,338
    Lol ok
    This is a hack thread. Enjoy your circle of stupidity.

4. Conservative65

Conservative65 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,766
    The estate tax should be zero. That you and your family can't live above the poverty level doesn't mean someone that made it should pay taxes so you can have more for nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,249
    I realize that dealing with an actual substantive policy issue is a challenge for you and your ilk who are more used to your circle jerk of Contard concerns for football players kneeling or who goes into a bathroom.

So don't waste your time and let the adults have a conversation.

6. TNHarley

TNHarley Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41,338
    From what i have seen, there is a lot in there that could help out the middle class. You pick ONE THING that doesnt "help" them (notice it doesnt even hurt them) and you bitch about it.
    HACK BOI

7. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,249
    Again- 'its not fair'

Still not one Conservative who has bothered to even attempt to address the OP.

Are you okay with Trump and the Republicans lying to Americans about the intent of the tax cut?

8. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,249
    Yes- I am pointing out that the Republicans are lying to all of us about their reason for the tax cut.

IF their reason was as stated- "to help the middle class and to raise jobs'- they wouldn't have included eliminating the estate tax.

I am addressing this specific point in the tax cut because it is one of the very few concrete proposals Trump has put out there- and it directly contradicts what he claims to be doing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,005
    Explain to me how that equates to greed?

10. Spare_change

Spare_change Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,408
    Obviously, I was not speaking of the current tax proposal from the Republicans ---- the Dems haven't proposed anything in it. The reference was to their proposal while Obama was in office. You choose to intentionally misinterpret what I said in order to create a false narrative.

Now, as for your nonsense about the wealthiest of Americans not being taxed - that's exactly what it is - nonsense. Their money has already been taxed - up to 39%. What gives you the right to take more of it? If you want to tax estates, let's tax all estates at the same rate - no matter how big or how small.

I do like how you take a single instance - an objection to the death tax - and conflate that into some larger crime of being soft on taxing the wealthy. They have a term for that ....