How was church today?

RandomVariable

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
Today being Sunday I imagine some of you have gone to church today. Anyone want to share the experience? What kind of church, what was the topic, how did you feel about it, anything of interest. Please share.

I did not go. I need to start going more regularly, but am in the final stretch of renovating and moving and just have been too distracted for things like civilization.

I started out by sacraficing a goat, spreading its blood across my walls in the shape of a pentogram, and then raped some virgins.

I also listened to some Marilyn Manson.

A fairly typical Sunday for me, although I would have liked to have vomited on a priest at some point.

Today being Sunday I imagine some of you have gone to church today. Anyone want to share the experience? What kind of church, what was the topic, how did you feel about it, anything of interest. Please share.

Catholic Mass for me. Jesus was asked what the greatest commandment is. He recited Deuteronomy and Leviticus: The greatest commandment is to love God; the second, to love one's fellow man.

In speaking of love, Father reminded us of the story of the little boy who saw an elderly neighbor weeping over the recent death of his wife. So, the boy went and sat on the old man's lap. Later, the boy's mother asked him what he had said. The little boy replied, "I didn't say anything. I just helped him cry."

Catholic Mass for me. Jesus was asked what the greatest commandment is. He recited Deuteronomy and Leviticus: The greatest commandment is to love God; the second, to love one's fellow man.

In speaking of love, Father reminded us of the story of the little boy who saw an elderly neighbor weeping over the recent death of his wife. So, the boy went and sat on the old man's lap. Later, the boy's mother asked him what he had said. The little boy replied, "I didn't say anything. I just helped him cry."
Did "Father" molest the little boy? Is that how he got the story?

Glad to see you joined the thread, Taz. How was your church service today?

This story is at least fifteen years old. Here is a link:

Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a contest he was asked to judge. The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring child.

The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife.

Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.

When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said,

"Nothing, I just helped him cry."

What Does Love Mean See How 4-8 Year-Old Kids Describe Love by Ladan Lashkari

Father is in his twenties--probably pre-teen when this story was first told.

Why Leviticus?

Guy a couple doors down has a home church. Sign on the front door and everything. Blew my reason for never going any more. "It's too far." :)

I went and prayed and listened to God and my heart.

We are fortunate: within walking distance are many different denominations with various hours, and many have private sanctuaries or chapels for contemplation and prayer.

I started out by sacraficing a goat, spreading its blood across my walls in the shape of a pentogram, and then raped some virgins.

I also listened to some Marilyn Manson.

A fairly typical Sunday for me, although I would have liked to have vomited on a priest at some point.

Manson's great. Like it more if I can find a kareoke program to strip out the lyrics though. But the music's nice. :)

I went and prayed and listened to God and my heart.

We are fortunate: within walking distance are many different denominations with various hours, and many have private sanctuaries or chapels for contemplation and prayer.
Was there a service? What part of the Bible, or other book, did you study?

I went early pre-dawn before service. Wanted some time for myself and to review my goals for the coming week. I always read 1 Corinthians 13:1-13, and pray for guidance.

Know right from wrong is generally, I found, fairly easy, even if it choosing the least wrong of two wrong paths.

The difficulty comes in choosing the right because there may be something I will have to give up the which I don't want to give up.

Was there a service? What part of the Bible, or other book, did you study?

Yes, the Order of the Mass always follows the same format. Today's Gospel reading was the one we have been discussing. The first reading was from the Old Testament, reminding us to care for the widow and orphan.

I went early pre-dawn before service. Wanted some time for myself and to review my goals for the coming week. I always read 1 Corinthians 13:1-13, and pray for guidance.

Know right from wrong is generally, I found, fairly easy, even if it choosing the least wrong of two wrong paths.

The difficulty comes in choosing the right because there may be something I will have to give up the which I don't want to give up.
1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity

You find that as a truth?

the spirit was particularly strong. The lessons seemed to be centering around becoming holy through Christ and becoming His disciples more fully. Which I thought was good.

I also met a few more people which is good since I'm new to the ward. And I learned we are having a pie eating activity before thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to it

Forum List

Back