How Wales leads the civilised world.

Llanrwst restaurant crowned Welsh Curry House of the Year 2014

A Muslim owned restaurant in the Whitest most Chapel part of Planet Earth. And yet the residents organised a coach to travel and support their local curry house in a national competition. A great example of the local community being about all of the community and not just parts of it.

T Asha Balti House in Llanrwst was crowned Welsh Curry House of the Year 2014 at a ceremony at the Vale Resort & Hotel in Cardiff.

A coach with more than 30 local residents and supporters came over from Llanrwst to support owners Harunur Rahman (Raj) and his wife Shorifa and their team.

The announcement was made by TV weathergirl Siân Lloyd.

“The judges were impressed with the way T Asha Balti House prepared and cooked their Welsh lamb dish. The whole leg of lamb was presented and carved at the table, offering a unique opportunity to combine the sweet taste of the lamb with authentic Indian spices in a traditional roasted dish,” said Niaz Taj, the competition’s producer.

My personal observations are that it is a top notch curry house who give you a great welcome when you tell them how far you have come.
Wow, a restaurant with 30 people eating there.
The world has never seen such a thing.
I think they can fit about 70 in there. The 30 actually travelled to Cardiff to support Ty Asha in the final.
Ty Asha is translated as House of Asha (Ashas Place)
You of course are aware that MOST Indians are NOT Muslim but rather Hindu right?

A Muslim owned restaurant in the Whitest most Chapel part of Planet Earth. And yet the residents organised a coach to travel and support their local curry house in a national competition. A great example of the local community being about all of the community and not just parts of it.

T Asha Balti House in Llanrwst was crowned Welsh Curry House of the Year 2014 at a ceremony at the Vale Resort & Hotel in Cardiff.

A coach with more than 30 local residents and supporters came over from Llanrwst to support owners Harunur Rahman (Raj) and his wife Shorifa and their team.

“The judges were impressed with the way T Asha Balti House prepared and cooked their Welsh lamb dish. The whole leg of lamb was presented and carved at the table, offering a unique opportunity to combine the sweet taste of the lamb with authentic Indian spices in a traditional roasted dish,” said Niaz Taj, the competition’s producer.

My personal observations are that it is a top notch curry house who give you a great welcome when you tell them how far you have come.
I think they can fit about 70 in there. The 30 actually travelled to Cardiff to support Ty Asha in the final.
You of course are aware that MOST Indians are NOT Muslim but rather Hindu right?

I think that you may be correct in that. However in the Curry trade the overwhelming majority are Muslims from Bangladesh.You can always tell because there is never pork on the menu.

Don't the Welsh lead England in assault cases as well?
No. the average Welshman is a Christian gentleman who turns the other cheek and loves his neighbour, if not his wife.

Then all I can say after my many trips into Wales there are not many average Welshmen as found the majority to be loud mouthed arrogant racist under achievers. They blame their failures on the English and then complain when they are shown to be liars.
I get the feeling that you dont get much love whenever you leave your castle.Maybe you need to adjust your behaviour and tone down the xenophobia ?

Hinduism altered by those damn colonial Brits who stopped the tradition of tossing widows into the funeral pyre of the husbands. Shame on them.

No. the average Welshman is a Christian gentleman who turns the other cheek and loves his neighbour, if not his wife.

Then all I can say after my many trips into Wales there are not many average Welshmen as found the majority to be loud mouthed arrogant racist under achievers. They blame their failures on the English and then complain when they are shown to be liars.
I get the feeling that you dont get much love whenever you leave your castle.Maybe you need to adjust your behaviour and tone down the xenophobia ?
-------------------------- aw xenophobia B.S. . After reading Phoenalls post these last 16 - 18 months or so i would say that Phoenall still has a sense of self preservation rather than any BS xenophobia .

-------------------------- aw xenophobia B.S. . After reading Phoenalls post these last 16 - 18 months or so i would say that Phoenall still has a sense of self preservation rather than any BS xenophobia .
He has a lot of issues. Too many brain cells isnt one of them.

Do you have Curry Houses in the states ?
No, just McDonalds. The hundreds of ethnic restaurants in every city is a myth.
Curry is a great Welsh dish.What do you do when the pubs close ? Go home ?
We don't have pubs. We just have soda machines at McDonalds.

Wish we had curry since you Welsh invented it.

You will get it some day. Macdonalds in France serve beer. Did you know that ?
I LOVE WELSH RAREBIT! Haven't had it in years. Over toast. Do you guys really eat it?

I LOVE WELSH RAREBIT! Haven't had it in years. Over toast. Do you guys really eat it?
Every day. Hint - try a dab of mustard when you apply the cheese.

Says so much!

But I enjoyed a Friday night at The Aleppo Merchant Inn (in a village then called "Clatter) where I observed for the first time a collection of political chamber pots!

What's even worse is the massive mass transport of sheep from Australia to Arab countries for their religious sacrifices.

In the UK they just kill them in the fields and leave the mess for the farmers to clear up. A few years back a lot of prime breeding ewes were killed on the moors in early Autumn, just as Eid was taking place, and the culprits were deemed to be muslims. So the word went out that the farmers would take action against the rustlers they caught. The next year there wwere no dead sheep with their throats slit

I think that you may be correct in that. However in the Curry trade the overwhelming majority are Muslims from Bangladesh.You can always tell because there is never pork on the menu.

So when they claim to be Indian restaurants they are in fact LYING. And I know of some local takeaways that serve pork dishes. And having worked with too many I know the pork taboo is abused by the muslims to get an easy ride.

No xenophobia just first hand experiences of life when I was employed and sent to help out the Welsh steel workers. But they would not listen and blamed the English for their failures again. We spent years perfecting a rolled steel plate for a company making yellow goods wheels. There could be no blemish on the steel and the pieces had to be perfect in shape size and quality. They were pressed in a continuous process that resulted in a two part wheel ready for welding. The welded wheel was they dipped in primer and top coat and sent to the likes of Caterpillar and JCB. The order went to the welsh mill when ours closed down and they lost it in 3 months because they would not spend 10 minutes removing surface imperfections from the steel slab prior to rolling. They knew better and had not had any problems in the past with other firms, and they could hide the slight marks by giving the wheels two coats of primer and top coat. The order went to China I believe that produced a 99.9% quality product.

That is your typical Welsh person

Hinduism altered by those damn colonial Brits who stopped the tradition of tossing widows into the funeral pyre of the husbands. Shame on them.

And then the muslims re-introduced it when they wanted to steal the land from India because it was more fertile than Afghanistan.

He has a lot of issues. Too many brain cells isnt one of them.

So says the moronic neo Marxist goon that follows the dogma closely

Try a splash of Worcestershire sauce in the creamed cheese spread.

That was a tour de force.
You have managed to slag the Welsh,Muslims,Afghans,Bangladeshis,Marxists and Welsh Lamb which known across the World as the finest.
Mental.

Forum List

Back