How Wales leads the civilised world.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Llanrwst restaurant crowned Welsh Curry House of the Year 2014 

A Muslim owned restaurant in the Whitest most Chapel part of Planet Earth. And yet the residents organised a coach to travel and support their local curry house in a national competition. A great example of the local community being about all of the community and not just parts of it.

T Asha Balti House in Llanrwst was crowned Welsh Curry House of the Year 2014 at a ceremony at the Vale Resort & Hotel in Cardiff.

A coach with more than 30 local residents and supporters came over from Llanrwst to support owners Harunur Rahman (Raj) and his wife Shorifa and their team.

The announcement was made by TV weathergirl Siân Lloyd.

“The judges were impressed with the way T Asha Balti House prepared and cooked their Welsh lamb dish. The whole leg of lamb was presented and carved at the table, offering a unique opportunity to combine the sweet taste of the lamb with authentic Indian spices in a traditional roasted dish,” said Niaz Taj, the competition’s producer.

My personal observations are that it is a top notch curry house who give you a great welcome when you tell them how far you have come.

upload_2016-5-2_14-57-16.jpeg

The horrible truth of the Welsh's obsession with eating leg of lamb.

I shudder to think what the Muzzies did to the poor lamb before slaughtering it.....given their penchant for goat sex

the Welsh used to be great and were partly responsible for the founding of the USA , Welsh were partly responsible in a big way for American laws , traditions , the American Revolution , American thinking and success . Welsh were also partly responsible for the American founding documents same as the English . As far as the Welsh of today , i don't know for sure but i would say that they are pretty much wankers just like the English .

A Muslim owned restaurant in the Whitest most Chapel part of Planet Earth. And yet the residents organised a coach to travel and support their local curry house in a national competition. A great example of the local community being about all of the community and not just parts of it.

T Asha Balti House in Llanrwst was crowned Welsh Curry House of the Year 2014 at a ceremony at the Vale Resort & Hotel in Cardiff.

A coach with more than 30 local residents and supporters came over from Llanrwst to support owners Harunur Rahman (Raj) and his wife Shorifa and their team.

“The judges were impressed with the way T Asha Balti House prepared and cooked their Welsh lamb dish. The whole leg of lamb was presented and carved at the table, offering a unique opportunity to combine the sweet taste of the lamb with authentic Indian spices in a traditional roasted dish,” said Niaz Taj, the competition’s producer.

My personal observations are that it is a top notch curry house who give you a great welcome when you tell them how far you have come.
Wow, a restaurant with 30 people eating there.
The world has never seen such a thing.

I think they can fit about 70 in there. The 30 actually travelled to Cardiff to support Ty Asha in the final.
Ty Asha is translated as House of Asha (Ashas Place)

I think they can fit about 70 in there. The 30 actually travelled to Cardiff to support Ty Asha in the final.
Ty Asha is translated as House of Asha (Ashas Place)
Wow, a restaurant that seats 70 with 30 people in it. Amazing.

the Welsh used to be great and were partly responsible for the founding of the USA , Welsh were partly responsible in a big way for American laws , traditions , the American Revolution , American thinking and success . Welsh were also partly responsible for the American founding documents same as the English . As far as the Welsh of today , i don't know for sure but i would say that they are pretty much wankers just like the English .
A Welshman discovered America a few centuries before that faker Columbus.
The discovery of America - by the welsh prince Madog in the 12th century
The first settlers assimilated with the locals and became part of the Mandan people. Its a pity that later settlers didnt take a similar approach.

-------------------------------------------- Tommy is just trying to show how open minded and accepting of diversity that the Welsh are .

Last edited:

-------------------------------------------- Tommy is just trying to showing how open minded and accepting of diversity that the Welsh are .

We invented diversity.
Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As the choir tell it in a letter now in the Clwyd archive in Ruthin, there was a tearful welcome with tea and sandwiches when the choir arrived at the Llangollen station from the eisteddfod helpers and the townspeople. Later, the festival's compère Mr Hywel Roberts introduced the choir with the words: "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our friends from Germany."
The town organised a concert to help the choir raise funds, and (in 2015) members of the choir still correspond with Llangollen friends.

This was just 4 years after the Germans were bombing us.

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our friends from Germany

Awe inspiring.

A Welshman discovered America a few centuries before that faker Columbus.
The discovery of America - by the welsh prince Madog in the 12th century
The first settlers assimilated with the locals and became part of the Mandan people. Its a pity that later settlers didnt take a similar approach.
----------------------------- Madog , the story may be true or may be fable . The so called blue eyed injuns that supposedly spoke a form of Welsh and built corricles may or may not be true . I think that the indians that the Welsh supposedly married into were the Mandans .

-------------------------------------------- Tommy is just trying to showing how open minded and accepting of diversity that the Welsh are .
Last week he even said hi to this Chinese guy at the market.

Do you have Curry Houses in the states ?
No, just McDonalds. The hundreds of ethnic restaurants in every city is a myth.
Curry is a great Welsh dish.What do you do when the pubs close ? Go home ?
We don't have pubs. We just have soda machines at McDonalds.

Wish we had curry since you Welsh invented it.

You will get it some day. Macdonalds in France serve beer. Did you know that ?

Do you have Curry Houses in the states ?
No, just McDonalds. The hundreds of ethnic restaurants in every city is a myth.
Curry is a great Welsh dish.What do you do when the pubs close ? Go home ?
We don't have pubs. We just have soda machines at McDonalds.

Wish we had curry since you Welsh invented it.
----------------------------- curry is a Welsh dish , like i said the modern Welsh seem to be Wankers as i roll my eyes .

Forum List

Back