How two truly DUMB ASS comments by Biden will cost Americans over $1,096,045,814,024 during his presidency... JUST 2 statements!

You guys can bitch about green energy all you want, but what you all seem to miss is that the USA, regardless of who's president, doesn't dictate global energy demand. The demand is overwhelmingly and rapidly shifting toward renewables and away from fossil fuels.

If you want to criticize that shift, feel free to do so - my own personal opinion is that we're racing to renewables without having really understood the environmental and resource implications. But whether you or I like it or not, the rest of the world is in a race to build infrastructure for electrification and renewable energy sources. We can't afford to be left behind, so more focus on green energy, potentially at the expense of FF concerns here, is a must.

If there's a potential criticism of Biden it's that he needs to do a bit better job of hustling on the diplomatic front, and he's probably going to have to fine-tune some of his pro-manufacturing policies and policies on tech transfer to build strategic partnerships with countries with lithium capacity. He needs to massage/repair his relations with OPEC and needs to build new ones with countries like Indonesia and Chile.
Questions for you ...
Q1) Do you know how much a home style solar panel captures in kWh? I do!
Q2) Also do you know how many kWh the average EV car uses to travel 1 mile? I do
Q3) Do you know how many miles a year the Average American driver drives in a year? I do.
Here are the answers WITH substantiation!
A1 An average 3' X 5' solar panel captures 2 kWh/day or 730.5 per panel/year
A2 0.25 kWh EV car to go 1 mile.
Q3 The average American drive drives 14,263 miles, year
https://www.thezebra.com/resources/driving/average-miles-driven-per-year/
So the average total usage of electricity to charge an American car is 3,565 kWh that about 5 solar panels will generate to recharge the car daily.
Which is what the 82 million single family housing units of 129,000,000 COULD Do.
But remaining 47 million households will have to depend on electric re-charging.
This means 47 million households each traveling the average 14,263 miles a year at .25 kWh/mile or a total of 167,590,250,000 kWh of ADDITIONAL electricity to power their cars which will come from electric utilities.
Today 11,070 power plants in the USA utility-scale electric power generate per plant 376,244,806 kWh per plant or 445 NEW electric power plants...
But remember Biden is going to "rid fossil fuels" which also means 3,400 fossil fuel plants will be eliminated that generate 61% of our electricity.

Oh and guess what...the average EV truck will need 4.3 kWh per Mile Per Truck Battery capacity and recharging needs for electric buses in city transit service (Journal Article) | OSTI.GOV
The average truck travels 84,433 miles per truck/ year source: https://blog.freefreightsearch.com/how-many-miles-do-truckers-drive-a-year/
Meaning the average EV truck will need 363,060 kWh a year. There are 37,900,000 trucks and if just 25% are EVs... they'll use 3,440,000,000,000 kWh.
Equal to 9,143 MORE power plants to supply the additional electricity demand from less than 10 million EV trucks!
Who will pay for them....???

Forum List

Back