How to pay off the National Debt.

A better suggestion to paying the debt if you're gonna sell Texas is to confiscate Lindsay Lohan's back taxes, hit Charlie Sheen's cocaine stash, steal Donald Trump's wig and you guaranteed to have a surplus within 10 years.

The debt the US has is over 16 trillion dollars. No easy way to pay it off in site. I think the best, and fastest way, to pay off the national debt would be to offer China the entire State of California in exchange for wiping clear our monies owed to them. Works for me. What say you?

The federal government does not own the state of California you nitwit.

On the other hand - selling federal lands isn't a bad idea. Its how the federal government made its revenue in the early days (before it become an evil government that dares tax the citizens only what their freely elected representatives allow). There's still some of it left.

What do you think Mt Rushmore would fetch?

The debt the US has is over 16 trillion dollars. No easy way to pay it off in site. I think the best, and fastest way, to pay off the national debt would be to offer China the entire State of California in exchange for wiping clear our monies owed to them. Works for me. What say you?

The federal government does not own the state of California you nitwit.

On the other hand - selling federal lands isn't a bad idea. Its how the federal government made its revenue in the early days (before it become an evil government that dares tax the citizens only what their freely elected representatives allow). There's still some of it left.

What do you think Mt Rushmore would fetch?

How does the concept of owning something even exist without there being a force to defend that sovereignty? #1

6 Things Rich People Need to Stop Saying | Cracked.com

You kidding? mexico has dibs on texas.
absolut-world-mexico-map.jpg

Obviously the russians want alaska, the japanese want hawaii and the chinese want to make LA into a reverse hong kong :p

But yeah, we mostly owe the debt to ourselves, which is rather obscene when you think about it, we wouldnt owe that money if we had simply taxed it in the first place, and it is doing nothing for the economy because it is being lent to the govt instead of the market. We are paying interest on what was ours in the first place, this is exactly what Jefferson was talking about:

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies . . . If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] . . . will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered . . . The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -- Thomas Jefferson -- The Debate Over The Recharter Of The Bank Bill, (1809)

To bring in some money.
How about closing a few hundred military bases worldwide. Nationalize some resources starting with oil. Start making religious organizations pay taxes. Get rid of tax free foundations like Rockefellers and a few hundred others. Maybe a tax on automatic stock transactions. Sue GW Bush for everything he owns for lying us into Iraq. Get to the bottom of where that 2+ trillion dollars that the Pentagon can't account for is.

Forum List

Back