How to make wax bullets

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
I made wax bullets for my Ruger 44 magnum. They would rupture the side of an empty beer can. If anyone wants to know how, here you go.

Take a fired case and de-primer it. Drill out the flash hole so that it is about twice as big as it was, but not so much you can push a new primer all the way through. If you don't drill out the flash hole the primer will back out when fired and lock up the revolver. Buy some Gulf wax.

gulffeatured.jpg

Then take one wax piece, lay it down on the table and tap the empty case into the wax block until it goes all the way through. It helps to heat the end of the case a little. Then once all your cases have wax bullets, use your loading die to seat a new primer and you are done. No gun powder. You can shoot your eye out so be careful. You may also want to load the primer in the case before seating the wax bullet. They were fun to shoot in the house, just a little pop, and down went the beer can!

I made wax bullets for my Ruger 44 magnum. They would rupture the side of an empty beer can. If anyone wants to know how, here you go.

Take a fired case and de-primer it. Drill out the flash hole so that it is about twice as big as it was, but not so much you can push a new primer all the way through. If you don't drill out the flash hole the primer will back out when fired and lock up the revolver. Buy some Gulf wax.

gulffeatured.jpg

Then take one wax piece, lay it down on the table and tap the empty case into the wax block until it goes all the way through. It helps to heat the end of the case a little. Then once all your cases have wax bullets, use your loading die to seat a new primer and you are done. No gun powder. You can shoot your eye out so be careful. You may also want to load the primer in the case before seating the wax bullet. They were fun to shoot in the house, just a little pop, and down went the beer can!

I ya e a Rossi .38 snubbi that I shoot ear plugs out of.

Forum List

Back