How to make American history interesting

initforme

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2011
We need to change the way its taught. At best american history is boring, dry, and uninteresting at its very best. The stories of those who founded it are abjectly boring and uninspiring. They're must be a better way to present it than textbooks and pathetic movies. It serves no purpose to kids getting a job in today's world and I for one understand why there is an incredible lack of interest among young people.

American history is awesome - when the truth about it is taught!

Example - the Statue of Liberty was not a gift for immigration. The poem was written later as a way of paying for the pedestal.

It's a tribute to LIBERTY!!!!!

I beg to diifer. Its quite ordinary and trivial in a sense.

Actually it's quite fascinating in its historical context, and how influential it has become in a very, very short time, as well as its revolutionary ideological effects on people's expectations around the world. Those effects will be permanent whether America disappear at noon today or not.

We need to change the way its taught. At best american history is boring, dry, and uninteresting at its very best. The stories of those who founded it are abjectly boring and uninspiring. They're must be a better way to present it than textbooks and pathetic movies. It serves no purpose to kids getting a job in today's world and I for one understand why there is an incredible lack of interest among young people.

American History is awesome ...

teddy_roosevelt_vs__bigfoot_by_sharpwriter-d3a72w4.jpg

Generally speaking the media writes the history books and most of what you read about 20th century American history is an editorial by a liberal writer. The truth is out there but you have to search deeper than pop-culture schoolbook junk.

This guy rocks.
Steve Sheinkin

He used to write text books.

I can see why he quit writing them; he isn't interested in real history, and prefers writing slanted propaganda. He must have been very unhappy when he was subject to fact checking and having to be moderately objective. Seems a lot happier now.

Forum List

Back