How To Achieve Single Payer Health Care

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Please don't get ahead of me and think you know where I am going and what I desire.

So I guess I should state up front what I desire. :)

I believe you should be buying your health insurance the same way you buy your auto, home, and life insurance. You should be able to pick up the phone and call any insurance company in the country and haggle for what you want. If you don't like what they are offering, you can hang up and call another company.

This would provide you with the maximum freedom and, more importantly, the maximum bargaining leverage.

Instead, you are hostage to whatever your employer offers you, if you are lucky enough to have an employer who offers health insurance.

In turn, your employer is hostage to whatever insurance companies are allowed to sell them insurance in their geographical area.

In turn, the insurance companies are hostage to whatever health care providers are allowed to operate in their geographical region.

The whole system is a mess, thanks to government interference in the market.

The government is the biggest player in the health insurance market, and gets to write the rules for its private sector competitors!

How's that been working for ya?

If you were able to buy your health insurance the same way you buy auto, home, and life insurance, you would get long time customer discounts, and bundle discounts, and all the other discounts you enjoy from those other forms of insurance.

As it is now, every time you change your job you start all over from scratch.

Bogus.

But...the Republican Party has demonstrated they have absolutely no intention of ever putting a plan on the table which will provide you maximum freedom, maximum leverage, and lower costs.

The Republican Party has totally abdicated their role in solving our health care problems. To distract you from this fact, they attack the other guys' plans. They cast blame rather than do the hard work. They are critics rather than problem solvers. Whiners rather than helpers.

So what good are they?

Oh, by the way. When Republicans talk about buying health insurance "across state lines", they are being very misleading. They are not talking about being able to buy health insurance from any company in the country.

Thought you should know that.

The road to serfdom, next post.

Pass asinine obama/ Gruber care .

I wish the Republicans would offer something. I'm more in the governmental single payer camp but what you posted looks like it could be viable and at the very least we could have an actual debate about ideas rather than just shitting on the other guy, like the post above mine.

Zionists want single payer for the US because it will help Zionists further control and destroy America's non-Jews.

Please don't get ahead of me and think you know where I am going and what I desire.

I believe you should be buying your health insurance the same way you buy your auto, home, and life insurance. You should be able to pick up the phone and call any insurance company in the country and haggle for what you want. If you don't like what they are offering, you can hang up and call another company.

This would provide you with the maximum freedom and, more importantly, the maximum bargaining leverage.

Instead, you are hostage to whatever your employer offers you, if you are lucky enough to have an employer who offers health insurance.

In turn, your employer is hostage to whatever insurance companies are allowed to sell them insurance in their geographical area.

In turn, the insurance companies are hostage to whatever health care providers are allowed to operate in their geographical region.

The government is the biggest player in the health insurance market, and gets to write the rules for its private sector competitors!

If you were able to buy your health insurance the same way you buy auto, home, and life insurance, you would get long time customer discounts, and bundle discounts, and all the other discounts you enjoy from those other forms of insurance.

Bogus.

But...the Republican Party has demonstrated they have absolutely no intention of ever putting a plan on the table which will provide you maximum freedom, maximum leverage, and lower costs.

The Republican Party has totally abdicated their role in solving our health care problems. To distract you from this fact, they attack the other guys' plans. They cast blame rather than do the hard work. They are critics rather than problem solvers. Whiners rather than helpers.

So what good are they?

Oh, by the way. When Republicans talk about buying health insurance "across state lines", they are being very misleading. They are not talking about being able to buy health insurance from any company in the country.

I'll Trump you by saying If you don't want to buy health insurance you don't have to. Or if you're very healthy and want one with a large deductible, you should be able to purchase that too.

Bogus.

So what good are they?

The quickest way to achieve it is move your ass to Europe.

Health care costs have been outpacing inflation and GDP for many decades. This problem long precedes ObamaCare.

The Democrats started promoting what used to be called "socialized medicine" not long after Ted Kennedy drove his car off the road at Chappaquidick.

Actually, Harry Truman proposed a "national health insurance" way back in 1945.

So it is no secret the Democrats want single payer/universal health care (UHC).

But as long as the whining, do-nothing Republicans draw a breath, UHC doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell. ObamaCare is the great scapegoat for the rubes to rally around. Since the Republicans don't have a plan, they NEED ObamaCare to survive so they can use it as a weapon.

That's why they won't ever repeal ObamaCare.

The Republicans also need to keep ObamaCare on life support as a roadblock to UHC. Because if ObamaCare is repealed, we will return to the days of yesteryear when health care costs were rising even faster. And then what?

Singe payer, that's what.

So, there are two roads to UHC.

1) Repeal ObamaCare and watch things get REALLY disastrous.

2) Give Trump a Democratic Congress.

You see, Trump is a New York Democrat at heart, and he has been advocating for UHC for a very long time. He makes no bones about it. He wants UHC.

If Trump is given a Democratic Congress, he will make UHC his number one domestic priority. Guaranteed.

And then, suddenly, there will be no more talk of impeachment! :lol:

Trump has a craven need to be liked. This is all that matters to him. And UHC would make him wildly popular with people right now who hate his guts.

Trump would eat that up.

So there you go. That's how you achieve single payer health care.

Last edited:
Oh well, maybe next thread.
Yeah...maybe.

Too many people are accustomed to parroting their leaders who cast blame rather than do the hard work of solving a problem.

Bogus.

So what good are they?

I'll Trump you by saying If you don't want to buy health insurance you don't have to. Or if you're very healthy and want one with a large deductible, you should be able to purchase that too.
I agree. If you want to not buy health insurance, you should have the right to be that stupid.

But we are long past those days. Long past. The Republicans have completely abdicated and left you out to dry.

Bogus.

So what good are they?

The quickest way to achieve it is move your ass to Europe.
One of the reasons Yurp has such a large safety net is because we have been subsidizing their defense. They have a lot of nerve looking down their noses at us.

But if we put our great innovative minds to it, we could do a better job of solving our health care issues than they have.

Bogus.

So what good are they?

I agree. If you want to not buy health insurance, you should have the right to be that stupid.

But we are long past those days. Long past. The Republicans have completely abdicated and left you out to dry.

How the fuck is saving money stupid? Jesus 12 hours a day people like me are working and covered under workmans comp.

The more government in health care, the more expensive and worse health care gets.

We should do the exact opposite.

We should start all over, and put the health insurers totally out of business.

If you want to consume 4 Big Macs and a carmel oreo frappe at McDonald's.... then YOU pay for YOUR "health care" because I am not liable for your 400 pound fat rear....

Bogus.

So what good are they?

How the fuck is saving money stupid? Jesus 12 hours a day people like me are working and covered under workmans comp.
Workman's compensation is insurance. You are contradicting yourself.

Pass asinine obama/ Gruber care .
The GOP plan in essence, could work but the GOP and crony insurors are sabotaging it totally. The GOP is totally bought by big health big Pharma Big oil and greedy idiot brainwashing billionaires.

What GOP plan?
The one they brought up every time Democrats wanted Health reform... Nixon Dole... Just to block reform that would cost their Pals money in the industry. Our health industry problem is ridiculous costs. That the GOP Masters just love, super duper Dupe. Obamacare is basically the old GOP plan--that the GOP would never actually vote for LOL!

The more government in health care, the more expensive and worse health care gets.

If you want to consume 4 Big Macs and a carmel oreo frappe at McDonald's.... then YOU pay for YOUR "health care" because I am not liable for your 400 pound fat rear....
And if you are hit by a car? Come down with cancer? Have a child born with birth defects?

UHC seems to be less expensive based on any study I have seen...

Forum List

Back