How the South Skews America

Low education levels, fundamentalist christianity and guns makes for a very violent southern "Kulture"
screen-shot-2015-01-23-at-12-53-53-pm.png

And most of America's black people live in the South. That accounts for a large chunk of the crime, low education and poverty.

For years we have been bombarded with how the south was all about freedom, low taxes, low regulations & abundant high paying jobs. In February I bought a vacation house in Clearwater, FL. Then the truth became abundantly clear as water, it's all a pack of lies for stupid people. The south is a police state that secretly enslaves, taxes their citizens into poverty & encourages companies to underpay workers.

They mandate you pay $1,400 a year to make available services you don't use or they will place a lien on your property but refuse to call it taxes even though that is the very definition of a tax. Plus they still charge you property taxes in addition to those mandatory fees. They have a lot of freaking toll roads, higher gasoline taxes, sales taxes, utility taxes, etc.

It's a total police state with high crime & wall to wall big brother cameras. In 2 weeks time I was pulled over by police 3 times for bullshit & I'm a non-Hispanic white guy. First it was for J-walking, then they pulled over my wife in Tampa because I as her passenger not wearing my seat-belt even though she wearing hers, then not paying a toll on a road that didn't have a toll road sign.

Then they have stupid people, high unemployment & more low paying jobs. That south will never rise again. I'm only there to vacation for the winter & the beach. My state has no toll roads, second lowest gas taxes, does not use traffic cameras as revenue generators ticket machines, more percent gainfully employed with higher pay.

Last edited:
For years we have been bombarded with how the south was all about freedom, low taxes, low regulations & abundant high paying jobs. In February I bought a vacation house in Clearwater, FL. Then the truth became abundantly clear as water, it's all a pack of lies for stupid people. The south is a police state that secretly enslaves, taxes their citizens into poverty & encourages companies to underpay workers.

They mandate you pay $1,400 a year to make available stuff you don't use or they will place a lien on your property but refuse to call it taxes even though that is the very definition of a tax. Plus they still charge you property taxes in addition to those mandatory fees. They have a lot of freaking toll roads, higher gasoline taxes, sales taxes, utility taxes, etc.

It's a total police state with high crime & wall to wall big brother cameras. In 2 weeks time I was pulled over by police for bullshit & I'm a non-Hispanic white guy. First it was for J-walking, then they pulled over my wife in Tampa because I as her passenger not wearing my seat-belt even though she wearing hers, then not paying a toll on a road that didn't have a toll road sign.

Then they have stupid people, high unemployment & more low paying jobs. That south will never rise again. I'm only there to vacation for the winter & the beach. My state has no toll roads, second lowest gas taxes, does not use traffic cameras as revenue generators ticket machines, more percent gainfully employed with higher pay.
Florida is in financial hurting status due to a multitude of problems. Glad to hear you got a nice place for winters.

And the majority of blacks and Hispanics in America live in the South.

Hmmmm. Guno...wanna rethink this thread?

And this is written by a southerner

America would be less violent, more mobile and in general more normal if not for Dixie

A lot of the traits that make the United States exceptional these days are undesirable, like higher violence and less social mobility. Many of these differences can be attributed largely to the South.

All English-speaking democracies share certain characteristics in common. Compared to continental European and East Asian democracies, the Anglophone nations tend to be more market-oriented and less statist, with somewhat lower levels of social spending and weaker bureaucracies. We might even speak of “Anglosphere exceptionalism.”

But even by the standards of the English-speaking world, the U.S. appears as an extreme outlier, in areas ranging from religiosity to violence to anti-government attitudes. As we learned after the slaughter last month in Charleston, S.C., some deluded Southerners still pine for secession from the Union. Yet no doubt there are also more than a few liberal Northerners who would be happy to see them go.

Violent white christian southerners

How the South Skews America - Michael Lind - POLITICO Magazine
All this violence is coming from northern blacks. Junkies too.

Not until the 1960s, with the help of federal military intervention in Southern states, was the right of African-Americans to vote secured. And today white Southern Republicans are at the forefront of efforts to roll back the voting rights revolution by making voter registration more difficult.
Horseshit.

Guano, what would you do without the South? Where would you focus in order to make you feel better about yourself and superior to others?

They mandate you pay $1,400 a year to make available services you don't use or they will place a lien on your property but refuse to call it taxes even though that is the very definition of a tax. Plus they still charge you property taxes in addition to those mandatory fees. They have a lot of freaking toll roads, higher gasoline taxes, sales taxes, utility taxes, etc.

It's a total police state with high crime & wall to wall big brother cameras. In 2 weeks time I was pulled over by police 3 times for bullshit & I'm a non-Hispanic white guy. First it was for J-walking, then they pulled over my wife in Tampa because I as her passenger not wearing my seat-belt even though she wearing hers, then not paying a toll on a road that didn't have a toll road sign.

Sell before they put you in jail!!!

The south is a terrible place to be, ask Guano...

This is fucking stupid. Maybe you should examine the social and genetic cesspools of inner cities like Chicago and Detroit if you sincerely want to know what is dragging down America.

Sit and spin, Guno.

ImageUploadedByUSMessageBoard.com1441251217.839464.jpg

Your example is Clearwater?????

Hey news flash moron that's a retirement home for Northerners ....

God you are ignorant.

And this is written by a southerner

America would be less violent, more mobile and in general more normal if not for Dixie

A lot of the traits that make the United States exceptional these days are undesirable, like higher violence and less social mobility. Many of these differences can be attributed largely to the South.

All English-speaking democracies share certain characteristics in common. Compared to continental European and East Asian democracies, the Anglophone nations tend to be more market-oriented and less statist, with somewhat lower levels of social spending and weaker bureaucracies. We might even speak of “Anglosphere exceptionalism.”

But even by the standards of the English-speaking world, the U.S. appears as an extreme outlier, in areas ranging from religiosity to violence to anti-government attitudes. As we learned after the slaughter last month in Charleston, S.C., some deluded Southerners still pine for secession from the Union. Yet no doubt there are also more than a few liberal Northerners who would be happy to see them go.

Violent white christian southerners

How the South Skews America - Michael Lind - POLITICO Magazine

So you use the actions of a mass murderer to characterize an entire region of the country?

How beautifully liberal!

Your example is Clearwater?????

Hey news flash moron that's a retirement home for Northerners ....

God you are ignorant.

Driving though it is littered with bad roads, toll roads & higher gas taxes. They don't even have to have the expensive ice & snow equipment to maintain roads like we do here. They also don't have freezing & thawing that breaks roads like we do here. Why are they stealing my money when I drive through?

Texas, Oklahoma & Florida have the most toll roads in the country!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back