How the GOP is miscalculating the 2016 election and the Court vacancy

I really don't think the RNC has thought through their decision to delay replacing Scalia. They are setting the Dems up for a huge turn out. If there is any apathy coming to this election season, it is now gone. The Dems will vote in record numbers and we all know the Democratic party is far larger than the GOP.

As I said before, they need to chose their poison. Either accept Obama's moderate-liberal nomination or wait and settle for a very Liberal nomination. Obviously, Mitch does not play Chess. He is being slowly moved to Checkmate.
and soon after that into the toilet bowl of politics

It is extremely difficult for one party to control the presidency for more than 8 years historically. The American people are always looking for change.

Bush I followed Reagan, who was extremely popular. Obama is not a popular president. A Dem winning the 2016 presidency is almost an impossibility.
That would normally be true, if the GOP has an actual valid candidate and wasn't fractured. If Trump goes indy, Hillary wins...

I really don't think the RNC has thought through their decision to delay replacing Scalia. They are setting the Dems up for a huge turn out. If there is any apathy coming to this election season, it is now gone. The Dems will vote in record numbers and we all know the Democratic party is far larger than the GOP.

As I said before, they need to chose their poison. Either accept Obama's moderate-liberal nomination or wait and settle for a very Liberal nomination. Obviously, Mitch does not play Chess. He is being slowly moved to Checkmate.

Of course it wasn't thought out. McConnell's an idiot. His ready, fire, aim bullshit has yet again cost us.

It is extremely difficult for one party to control the presidency for more than 8 years historically. The American people are always looking for change.

Bush I followed Reagan, who was extremely popular. Obama is not a popular president. A Dem winning the 2016 presidency is almost an impossibility.

Mark

Republicans think they start with an even slate when they run for President
They don't
Democrats have a huge lead in electoral votes before the first vote is even cast
Given the disarray in the GOP clown car, it appears the next Republican President hasn't been born yet. Demographics don't support them

Yup, and Trump, the Head Clown, reiterated today that he will run Independent if the RNC denies him the nomination. CAN IT GET ANY BETTER!

Only if Bloomberg jumps in.

Mark

Republicans think they start with an even slate when they run for President
They don't
Democrats have a huge lead in electoral votes before the first vote is even cast
Given the disarray in the GOP clown car, it appears the next Republican President hasn't been born yet. Demographics don't support them
Some such claim is made every election. I remember when Reagan was supposedly unelectable. As far as Demographics is concerned, I have also seen enough change to understand that nothing is certain.

In truth, no one knows. I remember when Carter ran for re-election that the race was "too close to call", and Reagan ended up winning 44 states.

Mark

That would normally be true, if the GOP has an actual valid candidate and wasn't fractured. If Trump goes indy, Hillary wins...
Yes, if Trump fractures the vote, either Hillary or Bernie will win.

I hope that doesn't happen.

Mark

Yup. They picked their ground too early. They could do what they claim they will do....without making the claim. Get the same result, but still leave themselves plausible deniability and wiggle room. Instead, they embraced obstructionism that is unnprecedented. While individual members of the senate have called for this kind of nonsense in the past, its never been adopted by the senate itself.

Regardless of the outcome of this justice or election, the GOP just defined their role in history during the Obama presidency. There's no longer any plausible narrative they can offer that isn't hysteric partisan obstructionism. Obama will likely go down as a fine president who helped keep the country together in the wake of the Great Recession. And the GOP will be known for putting their party ahead of the work of the nation....for nearly a decade.

Mark

If Trump wins the nomination, the outcome is pretty much the same. Trump has the highest unfavorability rating of any candidate. Ever. He's about as poorly positioned for the general election as its possible to be.

How the GOP is miscalculating the 2016 election and the Court vacancy

LOL look since we decided to destroy the left instead of compromising the left has taken an epic beating and lost both housed of congress. When we need your advice we'll let you know.

Most Democrats cannot name a single member of the Court. Unless Dems run on handing out free chicken wings and condoms they will not turn out.
Your wishful thinking is absurd.
LOL. Perhaps we need to bring back a few threads from the 2012 election. Seems you had some predictions then also.

Mark

If Trump wins the nomination, the outcome is pretty much the same. Trump has the highest unfavorability rating of any candidate. Ever. He's about as poorly positioned for the general election as its possible to be.

Today is not voting day. Tell me, how many pundits were wrong when they said that Trump has no chance to be the GOP nominee. Reagan was "unelectable" as well.

Mark

The Des Moines Register:

If Senate Republicans truly will be guided by precedent, they should make plans to vote on President Obama’s nominee and not discuss stalling tactics and filibusters, which seems to be the plan that’s now taking shape.

What makes the Republicans' effort all the more galling is that it flies in the face of their oft-professed, unwavering allegiance to the Constitution, a document that says the president “shall nominate,” with the “advice and consent of the Senate,” our Supreme Court justices. It doesn’t say anything at all about these duties and obligations being suspended a year or so before each president is scheduled to leave office.

The GOP effort to block an Obama nominee from the court isn’t about letting voters have their say, or respecting past precedent, or demonstrating strict adherence to the Constitution. In fact, it’s precisely the opposite.

Forum List

Back