How the fuck did "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER" last for 9 years on CBS??

I watched it for a few seasons but my interest in it waned considerably. Could not understand why it and Two and a Half Men lasted so long. Two and a half men got to be not only not funny but really crude and the base of the show seemed to be how much more over the line they could get instead of anything being humorous

I never really liked Two and a Half Men either. I actually thought Alan's character was much funnier than Charlie's too.

I watched it for a few seasons but my interest in it waned considerably. Could not understand why it and Two and a Half Men lasted so long. Two and a half men got to be not only not funny but really crude and the base of the show seemed to be how much more over the line they could get instead of anything being humorous
No way.

That show was very funny. One of the best sitcoms there was.

I never really liked Two and a Half Men either. I actually thought Alan's character was much funnier than Charlie's too.
Alan living with his brother was one thing but when Charie got booted and Alan kept staying on with Walden the dynamic of the show for me was really off. I tuned in for awhile because I looked forward to Berta passing thru with a one liner that was always right on the money bu then the show kept getting more and more off the wall with Charlie's daughter showing up etc

Alan living with his brother was one thing but when Charie got booted and Alan kept staying on with Walden the dynamic of the show for me was really off. I tuned in for awhile because I looked forward to Berta passing thru with a one liner that was always right on the money bu then the show kept getting more and more off the wall with Charlie's daughter showing up etc
To be honest, I detest sitcoms for the most part so I have no idea what you are talking about. I enjoy watching an episode here and there but never really had a full understanding of any of the shows because I have only seen a few random ones from various time periods. I just found the ones I watched from two and a half men pretty funny. I can sit down without turning it off.

If I am going to watch something I want rich character development and a deep story line. I liked BSG and am enjoying Game of Thrones but outside that type of show (good/deep serial ones) I don't know the storyline.

The show definitely got worse after Charlie left. It was rather a stupid plot line that Alan ends up living with Waldo, whatever his name was.

To be honest, I detest sitcoms for the most part so I have no idea what you are talking about. I enjoy watching an episode here and there but never really had a full understanding of any of the shows because I have only seen a few random ones from various time periods. I just found the ones I watched from two and a half men pretty funny. I can sit down without turning it off.

If I am going to watch something I want rich character development and a deep story line. I liked BSG and am enjoying Game of Thrones but outside that type of show (good/deep serial ones) I don't know the storyline.

Sometimes it's fun to just sit and laugh and not have to feel all depressed or have to be all involved in a complicated plot. Laughter is good stress relief and, as I've mentioned before, it's good for your abs too. ;)

Sometimes it's fun to just sit and laugh and not have to feel all depressed or have to be all involved in a complicated plot. Laughter is good stress relief and, as I've mentioned before, it's good for your abs too. ;)
I liked Seinfeld for awhile but found myself tuning in just to see what Kramer was doing. The rest of the characters were not funny to me

Forum List

Back