How The Center Can Change Politics

why just not do a tax overhaul? it is needed every 25-30 years as in this time too many loopholes are created.

A ban on all tax expenditures would prevent all loopholes, deductions, credits, subsidies, whatever you want to call them, from creeping back in.

I'm not talking about selective closing of some here and some there, while protecting sacred cows. I am talking about getting rid of all of them.

Not only that, if you take away the ability of a Congressman to place a tax expenditure (loophole, deductions, credits, etc.) in the tax code, you remove all incentive to give that Congressman money for his campaign for doing so.

And I am talking about tax overhaul.
existing tax law allows to bypass all your bans so it is not going to be efficient.

Nope. Existing tax law allowed for the last tax overhaul to be bypassed. So it won't stop yours, either.

Congress has been adding an average of one tax expenditure a day for over a decade now. And after your lame overhaul, they will continue to do so. In fact, you will have replenished the campaign cash incentive for them to do so. Just like the last one did.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

A simple act banning all tax expenditures would stop this cycle. Permanently. The Act itself would have to be repealed to byass it.

Since the Republicans will never buy off on a ban, it would probably take a Constitutional amendment to enact the ban. And that would definitely not be able to be bypassed.

Last edited:
I think the Medicare and SS ages will be raised to 67 at least. Not sure if they'll go to 70. I like the Center Caucus, they talked about putting the budget higher on the priority list. Governors budget every year, the Federal Government needs to do that too.

you leftards are so ignorant it is amazing. both are raised long time ago. for anybody born in 1960 and up they start at 67+

You got me there, you must be the ss/medicare expert. I'll come to you next time with any questions.

this is a common knowledge.
for anybody who is not lazy to click on the medicare.gov or SSA.gov

it is amazing how low informed you leftards are.
And I am not even being sarcastic here.
you provide as a revelation of messianic proportions something which has been in there for many years and propose "increasing the retirement age to 70" as if it just occured to you, whereas TP and Republican young guns have been talking about it from at least 2009.
The other from your crowd has never heard that TP is all for tax overhaul, which includes abolishing the tax loopholes for the big pockets - to start with and are making round eyes as if you have been just born.

And you seriously want to be considered anything more than low information voters who are just parroting the leftard propaganda fed to them by LSM?

which does not matter at all as in the voting booth they will have to choose between just those two parties.
as we all will.

not me...but "Party" people like you will,and then be back here bitching about the same old shit and telling people like me how I am wasting my vote......but yet your "not" wasted vote did a lot of good didn't it?...

oh you will be the first - if you think your riding the "high horse" of not choosing is not actual VOTING in affirmation of whoever wins - you are just being fed the shit :lol:

see thats what your Party tells you.....me voting for the garbage man is not helping either side....you are the one being fed shit....but i guess they got you by your little balls dont they?....

Here is how a tax overhaul works:

Politicians from the Right and Left sit down and battle over which existing loopholes, credits, subsidies, deductions, and other various boondoggles to eliminate from the tax code.

These same politicians come to the table with loopholes, credits, subsides, deductions and various other boondoggles they will fight to the death to protect.

Thus begins the horse trading. A lot of tax expenditures get eliminated, but nowhere near all of them. A "victory" and "new era of bipartisanship" are celebrated, with the politicians grinning over the heads of the rubes at each other.

The very next day, Congressman Billy Joe Jim Bob receives a visitor from a special interest group who wants one of the removed boondoggles put back into the tax code.

Billy Joe is happy to oblige. He horsetraded it away, and he will add it as a rider on the next bill that passes through the Congress.

A few weeks later Billy Joe's campaign receives a nice fat check from the special interest, thus helping Billy Joe maintain the 90 percent re-election rate of our American Politboro.

This is what happens every single day Congress is in session since the last tax "overhaul". All that shit that was removed, and then some, is right back in there. And it is costing us $1.4 trillion a year.

We need a flat out ban. An Act, banning all tax expenditures. So the next time Billy Joe wants to attach a rider to a bill for an exemption in the tax code, he will be forbidden by law to do so.

Last edited:
A ban on all tax expenditures would prevent all loopholes, deductions, credits, subsidies, whatever you want to call them, from creeping back in.

I'm not talking about selective closing of some here and some there, while protecting sacred cows. I am talking about getting rid of all of them.

Not only that, if you take away the ability of a Congressman to place a tax expenditure (loophole, deductions, credits, etc.) in the tax code, you remove all incentive to give that Congressman money for his campaign for doing so.

And I am talking about tax overhaul.
existing tax law allows to bypass all your bans so it is not going to be efficient.

Nope. Existing tax law allowed for the last tax overhaul to be bypassed. So it won't stop yours, either.

Congress has been adding an average of one tax expenditure a day for over a decade now. And after your lame overhaul, they will continue to do so. In fact, you will have replenished the campaign cash incentive for them to do so. Just like the last one did.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

A simple act banning all tax expenditures would stop this cycle. Permanently. The Act itself would have to be repealed to byass it.

Since the Republicans will never buy off on a ban, it would probably take a Constitutional amendment to enact the ban. And that would definitely not be able to be bypassed.

tax overhaul is a NEW law. Entirely. Which means abolishing the previous one with all the pork and loopholes used and creating a NEW one (which should be a regular practice, BTW, every 25-30 years as any law can be abused - the human beings are very creative)

how can it be bypassed while being created absolutely NEW?

do you understand what we are talking about?

Last edited:
Here is how a tax overhaul works:

Politicians from the Right and Left sit down and battle over which existing loopholes, credits, subsidies, deductions, and other various boondoggles to eliminate from the tax code.

These same politicians come to the table with loopholes, credits, subsides, deductions and various other boondoggles they will fight to the death to protect.

Thus begins the horse trading. A lot of tax expenditures get eliminated, but nowhere near all of them. A "victory" and "new era of bipartisanship" are celebrated, with the politicians grinning over the heads of the rubes at each other.

The very next day, Congressman Billy Joe Jim Bob receives a visitor from a special interest group who wants one of the removed boondoggles put back into the tax code.

Billy Joe is happy to oblige. He horsetraded it away, and he will add it as a rider on the next bill that passes through the Congress.

A few weeks later Billy Joe's campaign receives a nice fat check from the special interest, thus helping Billy Joe maintain the 90 percent re-election rate of our American Politboro.

This is what happens every single day Congress is in session since the last tax "overhaul". All that shit that was removed, and then some, is right back in there. And it is costing us $1.4 trillion a year.

I think you have no idea what you are talking about.
:rolleyes:

not me...but "Party" people like you will,and then be back here bitching about the same old shit and telling people like me how I am wasting my vote......but yet your "not" wasted vote did a lot of good didn't it?...

oh you will be the first - if you think your riding the "high horse" of not choosing is not actual VOTING in affirmation of whoever wins - you are just being fed the shit :lol:

see thats what your Party tells you.....me voting for the garbage man is not helping either side....you are the one being fed shit....but i guess they got you by your little balls dont they?....

I don't have a party. I have a common sense.
And good analyzing skills.
Keep riding your high horse - it won't prevent you from eating shit somebody else has chosen for you and YOU AGREED WITH THAT CHOICE.

So how is it tasting so far - the shit leftards have chosen FOR YOU?

you leftards are so ignorant it is amazing. both are raised long time ago. for anybody born in 1960 and up they start at 67+

You got me there, you must be the ss/medicare expert. I'll come to you next time with any questions.

you provide as a revelation of messianic proportions something which has been in there for many years and propose "increasing the retirement age to 70" as if it just occured to you, whereas TP and Republican young guns have been talking about it from at least 2009.
The other from your crowd has never heard that TP is all for tax overhaul, which includes abolishing the tax loopholes for the big pockets - to start with and are making round eyes as if you have been just born.

And you seriously want to be considered anything more than low information voters who are just parroting the leftard propaganda fed to them by LSM?

There's a lot I'm interested in like this thread I created and you've been discussing issues in for the past few hours. This is why nobody like the Teapartiers, you guys are an angry bunch and you can't discuss anything without insulting people.

Now that you mention it, I do remember Ryan campaigning on raising the eligibility age and then breaking down into tears when the seniors yelled at him. <Shrug> It's something to consider but no one issue is going to fix all of this.

Moderates by definition don't support the far left democratic party either. Go figure why you would claim some kind of moral superiority from them?

I don't have a party. I have a common sense.
And good analyzing skills.
Keep riding your high horse - it won't prevent you from eating shit somebody else has chosen for you and YOU AGREED WITH THAT CHOICE.

So how is it tasting so far - the shit leftards have chosen FOR YOU?
I don't have a party.

sure you dont....your posts back you up on that dont they?....

it won't prevent you from eating shit somebody else has chosen for you and YOU AGREED WITH THAT CHOICE.

so if i disagree with you someone fed me shit.....and if i agree with you then im A-OK?....

and you dont follow a party?....how is that shit the Far Right has been feeding you....is it gritty and at least have some corn in it for some roughage?......yea your an Independent thinker....:lol:

There are a group of 13 Congresspeople willing to work in a bipartisan way to get our country moving forward again. The Congressional Future Caucus.

Gives me hope ...

2.9% of the House?

And I have a feeling your definition of "center" is so skewed to the left it needs to be driving in England.

Aaron Schock is a deficit hawk. He also got an amendment to TARP passed that allows people to see exactly where the bailout money was spent.

He voted against the stimulus bill. He voted against ObamaCare.

He introduced legislation to create the Federal Program Sunset Commission.

He has signed Americans For Taxpayers pledge not to raise taxes.

He is considered to be more conservative than the two previous Congressmen who occupied his seat.

So...you were saying?

Considering I was more implying Sara G's political view of "center" than the congresscritters quoted, I think my observation was just fine.

There's a lot I'm interested in like this thread I created and you've been discussing issues in for the past few hours. This is why nobody like the Teapartiers, you guys are an angry bunch and you can't discuss anything without insulting people.

Now that you mention it, I do remember Ryan campaigning on raising the eligibility age and then breaking down into tears when the seniors yelled at him. <Shrug> It's something to consider but no one issue is going to fix all of this.

well it's not like people don't have a reason to be angry, but maybe since it's "your" thread you need to set "your" rules...

and with that judgmental statement I bolded, you can see why people don't like liberals

sheeesh

Last edited:
There are a group of 13 Congresspeople willing to work in a bipartisan way to get our country moving forward again. The Congressional Future Caucus.

How the center can change politics

Chuck Todd takes a deeper look at the political center, as identified by the NBC/Esquire poll. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard and Rep. Aaron Schock (R-Il.) then join to discuss

how-the-center-can-change-politics-54510147546

Gives me hope ...

Hoping for salvation from the clueless idiots in the center is like expecting Barney Fife to successfully land a 747.

Gives me hope ...

Moving forward on what? Spending another trillion $$ we don't have?

What passes for progress in leftyworld is mind boggling.

The president wants to move forward on immigration reform. I think we should as well.

"immigration reform" is just a euphemism for "amnesty."

We need that like we need another hole in the head.

The center can change politics. The center is just really really small right now and getting smaller all the time.

Well, we the people certainly don't trust the extreme right wing anymore and possibly even the right wing. We tried it their way and they ended up not knowing how to handle the responsiblity of the gavel.

We'll see.

Oh . . and you think the Democrats are doing a great job of governing the country?

ROFL!

Don't confuse bripat, who is anarchist with some sympathy for communism (read his quotes from WHO, a communist front), with conservatives and reactionaries.

In the black-and-white world of Conservatopia, there is no center.

You're either hard right conservative or you're a commie pinko atheist faggot.

That's pretty much the case because being in the "center" means you have no principles, so in any controversy you'll cave to whatever side kicks and screams the most. That means the Democrats.

Last edited:
Don't confuse bripat, who is anarchist with some sympathy for communism (read his quotes from WHO, a communist front), with conservatives and reactionaries.

and people can't confuse you for being a troll. you are one

There is no center. If you are a moderate Republican to a liberal, then you belong to the Democratic Party.

If you are are a Tea Bagging loon, then you are a Con.

Forum List

Back