How stupid is Slate?

I don't get your point, @QuantumWindbag . If a newborn child has two sets of genitalia, should the doctor be the one to decide which to keep? Or the parents?

Even more compelling is the dilemma today as that infant grows up. Are transgendered children really the result of a doctor's error in judgement?

That makes, actually affirms, the need to recognize the rights of the transgendered.

I think the point of the article is not for the 1/100,000 births where a hermaprhodite is born.

The point of the article is that it's cruel for parents and doctors to declare a gender based on what the kid was born with rather than letting them make a decision later in life. Because that's unfair to the small minority of people who are transgender.

That is what I got out of it.

I don't get your point, @QuantumWindbag . If a newborn child has two sets of genitalia, should the doctor be the one to decide which to keep? Or the parents?

Even more compelling is the dilemma today as that infant grows up. Are transgendered children really the result of a doctor's error in judgement?

That makes, actually affirms, the need to recognize the rights of the transgendered.

I think the point of the article is not for the 1/100,000 births where a hermaprhodite is born.

The point of the article is that it's cruel for parents and doctors to declare a gender based on what the kid was born with rather than letting them make a decision later in life. Because that's unfair to the small minority of people who are transgender.

It's proven a child can have the physical characteristics of both sees physically, then who's to say they can't mentally?

Why shouldn't we recognize that persons identity?

It's proven a child can have the physical characteristics of both sees physically, then who's to say they can't mentally?

What people believe doesn't change reality. If it did, I could believe that I could fly and be able to fly.

That said, I have no problem with treating TGs with compassion and understanding, just like I have no problem treating schizophrenics with compassion and understanding. Maybe you should stop assuming everyone is a scumbag just because you are.

Here's the thing. I agree that there are a certain number of children who grow up gender confused. That has nothing to do with what goes on the birth certificate.

I consider myself pretty open minded on sexual orientation issues, but frankly, the guy who wrote this article is just plain nuts.

Forum List

Back