How should the U.S. deal with illegal Immigration?

Public hangings of illegal immigrants would be quite a deterrent....:lol:

This one drew a huge crowd!! Rainey Bathea was the last man hung in America...that was 1936.

Actually a guy named Billy Bailey was hanged by Delaware in 1996, Charles Campbell was hanged by the state of Washington in 1994, and Westley Allen Dodd also by Washington in 1993.

Minor point and somewhat irrelevant in regards to the topic of discussion but...well.....there it is.

Billy Bailey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Charles Rodman Campbell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Westley Allan Dodd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think its is funny that when we think illegal imagration, we think mexicans, while people from europe are coming over as well and we are not screaming about it. I live in Oregon so i know there are a lot of mexcans coming from the boarder, so i am not saying that it isnt a big deal. Although, it does not need to be thought about this much. first america has problems for itself and we cannot take care of more and more people. focus on taxing the rich or getting out of afganistan.

The Phantom strategy for minimizing (cause we will never stop it completely) illegal immigration is as follows:

1) Secure the border with fences, walls, technology, boots on the ground, and Apaches in the air. Liberals are always crying for infrastructure development. I say we give it to them: 1,969 miles of "infrastructure" across our southern border that is well patrolled by United States military.

2) Get rid of the lure for illegals. That means employing actions such as pulling he business licenses of organizations who hire illegal immigrants, denying illegals financial support, and denying them all but emergency health care even that of which would only be provided on their way back to their own damned country.

3) Amend the Constitution to fix the "anchor baby" trap.

4) Illegals caught in the United States will be given a choice: a) serve in the United States military in a combat role for four years (after which they receive citizenship), or b) we put them to work on the chain gain (meaning no salary except room and board) paving roads and highways and building bridges for six years (after which they receive citizenship). During this time any children will be returned to their native country until their term is complete. Women may choose to return with their children (if they have any) or carry water to the guys digging ditches.

5) Illegals convicted of a violent crime or drug smuggling will be executed or interred in remote locations: Wake Island, Kingman Reef, Palmyra Atoll, etc.

Somehow I imagine my position on this will not garner me a whole lot of support, but that's what I would do. :lol:

I think its is funny that when we think illegal imagration, we think mexicans, while people from europe are coming over as well and we are not screaming about it. I live in Oregon so i know there are a lot of mexcans coming from the boarder, so i am not saying that it isnt a big deal. Although, it does not need to be thought about this much. first america has problems for itself and we cannot take care of more and more people. focus on taxing the rich or getting out of afganistan.

That post was a whole lotta stupid.

I live in Oregon as well and as recently as two years ago I lived in Arizona. I do find it interesting that there is a far higher percentage of Mexicans in Oregon than in Arizona. It's not terribly stunning when you think about it, I suppose, as Oregon has far more farm lands than Arizona so there is more work here. Additionally, Oregon is far friendlier to them than Arizona is.

As to only focusing on Mexican immigrants, let's be honest here. Yes there are illegals from many different nations but the vast majority come from Mexico. That's not to say that an illegal from Canada or Australia should be treated any differently...indeed they should not be. But we are not exactly being overrun by illegal New Zealanders or illegal Portuguese. They are a drop in the waterfall.

How to spot and angry little biotch:

Unkotare More hyper-partisan bullshit from a far-left shill. What a surprise.[/quote said:
Maybe YOU should get a little hung up on learning the English language, you ignorant slob.

I'm really angry and I think I just peed myself!

:lol::lol::lol:

Anyone else get the "angry little pudgy guy in mom's basement" feel from this guy? Poor little guy. :cuckoo:
I wonder if he's ever in a good mood?

Last edited:
How to spot and angry little biotch:

Unkotare More hyper-partisan bullshit from a far-left shill. What a surprise.[/quote said:
Maybe YOU should get a little hung up on learning the English language, you ignorant slob.

I'm really angry and I think I just peed myself!

:lol::lol::lol:

Anyone else get the "angry little pudgy guy in mom's basement" feel from this guy? Poor little guy. :cuckoo:
I wonder if he's ever in a good mood?

This is not the best way for you to deal with your humiliation.

Actually, due to immigration changes by Teddy Kennedy in the 60's, it's almost impossible for Europeans to come here legally...unless they marry and American citizen, and even then it's almost impossible. Some have come anyway, and yes, they should go home as well.

The reason everyone associated the Mexicans and hispanics as illegals is simply due to shear numbers and geography. It's a lot easier to walk across the border than swim across the sea. However, illegals of all races are flying to Mexico and coming across the border. We need to seal that border.

Hmmm... where to jump in after three years absence...right here!

I see the regular answers here, the absurd, followed by the insane, followed by an actual good idea or two. My estimation of the illegal situation:

1) Forget forced deportation as an answer. Can't be done reasonably. There are 12 million + illegals, some say more. The sheer numbers are just too big, we can't afford what it would take, the border would have to be fully secured so that we actual would gain ground (not going to happen either, see #2) and the biggest reason is time. I'm not sure if people take into account logistics and time and money to try and deport 12 million people. During WWII, the Germans began killing civilians by lining up the undesired people and just shooting them. They found this to be expensive and slow. They went back to the drawing board and devised the assembly line style of cattle cars and gas chambers. More efficient. Still, it took them several years to KILL 6 - 8 million people. Not to humanely arrest and feed and transport and process and deport. That was what it took to treat people like cattle on the way to slaughter. Now, if you consider the economics and time of killing 6 - 8 million people, it's going to take 30 years to deport 12 million + people. And that would only work if there were no more coming. So besides mobilizing an incredible amount of man power to locate and capture illegals, you would at the same time, need to mobilize another incredible amount of money and man power to make sure they are not replaced as quickly as we deport. This is a formula that pretty much equals sure financial destruction, considering how terribly fragile things are anyway. Not a viable solution. We are at record deportation levels already and the net level of illegals is near 0. Which just means that our best effort in 40 years, combined with the lowest attempted entry in years, barely deports one for every one that enters. That won't last. When the JOBS come back, we won't be able to keep pace.

2) Forget the military, forget the wall. It's the biggest blunder on the whole issue mostly because it has so much support, it could happen. And it would be a disaster. First off, unleashing the military on civilians is just a terrible idea. The grief that would cause is unthinkable, on that merit alone, the idea is a non starter. If that's not enough, again, let's talk logistics. And i have already hashed this out a hundred times so I'll just leave it up to anyone to tell me how many men it would take AND don't stop there. Tell me where they will eat, where they will sleep, where they will poop, where they will shop and on and on and on.... much of this is in the middle of the desert. When people say "bring the troops home and put them on the border" they aren't thinking much at all. It's just a knee jerk. This would be a DEPLOYMENT. Not unlike some recent deployments. The military guys know what that entails. Men don't go sleep in a pup tent and drink the dew off the cactus. It is a massive and expensive under taking to deploy the kind of men this would take to be successful. Just ask N. Korea or Israel or anyone else that actually maintains a fence / militarized border what it cost. It is incredibly expensive to try and stop unarmed civilians from crossing a line. And if you are one of the folks that says "shoot to kill" don't bother responding. We're talking reality here.

3) The "lock 'em up" solution. In short, we have about 2 million people incarcerated in the entire US prison system. Where exactly are we going to put 12 million people and how much would THAT cost? Again, this is among the knee jerk ideas with no basis in reality.

4) What does that leave us? Self deportation. It has taken 28 years for these people to get here, coming at a steady clip. It will take a while to get them out and all of them will never leave. If you are a t - total, round 'em all up, every last one, shoot 'em, rape 'em, cook 'em for the dogs type.... well, you just aren't going to be of much use in the conversation. The thing that gets us rid of them the fastest though, is to take their jobs. Many people know this. About a million and a half of them have gone home, on their own dime, since 2008. They lost their jobs. We have barely deported that many in the same time and it cost us billions of dollars. So if we consider what WORKS what we know gets results, at next to NO COST to us, the answer is fairly simple: Take their jobs.

5) I am generally not a fan of super simple solutions. They usually don't work, are ill conceived and ill fitting. But in this case, there is a simple solution and a couple states did hit it on.... but went too far with some other stuff that caused unneeded problems. The only law you need: THE CEO OR OWNER OF ANY COMPANY FOUND WITH AN ILLEGAL ON THE JOB GETS 90 DAYS MANDATORY. Period. End of law. No exceptions. If you find an illegal working for something Warren Buffet owns, LOCK WARREN UP FOR 90 DAYS. It would take maybe two or three arrested millionaires sitting their cans in the can and there would be a clearing house like we have never seen. And the beauty is, none of this civil rights crap that gets in the way when the state tries to go after people with cops at traffic stops or kids in school.... not needed. An employer can announce that you must be able to read War and Peace from cover to cover in perfect English if you want to work here. You must provide 9 forms of I.D., 5 references and write an essay on hot dogs and apple pie to work here. Employers can do what the government can't. They can't make you prove citizenship any time they please.

If we did this, we could give the Border Patrol a 6 month vacation and open the border up... there would be a literal flood heading south. And when the mass exodus is over, and it actually would take a few years, in reality, THEN when we don't have a bunch of poor civilians coming here for jobs, THEN you can open fire on the Cartels. Be my guest. Those are real criminals, not misdemeanors.

So, hows that fr my first post in three years?

Forum List

Back