How should healthcare by paid and whom should be required to pay for it?

Under our first four presidents, Congress appropriated money for the poor. Churches wanted the money given to them to distribute to the poor while Madison was president but he refused, saying it would corrupt the churches.

not in my State....you go in an ER for the shits,not an Emergency yes,but you will be treated,you just might have to wait all day until they get through the real stuff........but you will be seen.......

From what I understand, EMTALA doesn't override state laws that would mandate everyone be treated. Are you saying California has such a statute?

dont know if its a statute,but when my siblings and i were taking my dad back and forth from the ER before he died,talking to the ER nurses there, i got the impression that it is a state law at least, they had to see all those people waiting in the ER at 2 AM (30-40 at least).....she said most of the times its for the kids,dont feel well....and they were all probably without Ins.....just a wild guess.....:eusa_whistle:

They're required to screen everyone who presents to the ER; they're not required to treat, though.

Forum List

Back